Do we still protect Gus from Arkansas?

NolaAuTiger

3 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Honestly....out of that list and as much as people don't like him, BP would be the biggest threat to the SEC IMO.  Or Kiffin

my problem with petrino is crutin. He does not do it. He has never fielded a good defense ever. Him or Lane are honestly arguably the 2 best playcallers in the game though. One of the reasons burt struggled so much at arky is petrino left him NOTHING. He just is not a good recruiter and NO I do think he would be anywhere even at way better programs than where he has been.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, aujeff11 said:

This list is exactly why I laugh at others who call for Gus’s head.

only one I laugh at is muschamp. that would be about as JABA as it gets besides hiring Rhett Lashlee lol.

I wonder if Gus' agent has over-played his hand.  If he'd waited until after the UGA to make a reasonable raise/extension request, something may have worked out.  Maybe neither Gus nor the AUPTB are happy that Gus is now halfway out the door...

33 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Did a lot of good that might not have happened had he not been here. JMO

Exactly. I've been aggravated and pissed off with him at times but he's still the common denominator in 2 of the 3 SECCs I've seen and 2 NC appearances.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

only one I laugh at is muschamp. that would be about as JABA as it gets besides hiring Rhett Lashlee lol.

Petrino is a nutt, no defense too.

Leach is a nutt who goes on rants about weddings and yields a merely above average product on the field.He is like a poor man’s spurrier. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Leach is a nutt who goes on rants about weddings and yields a merely above average product on the field.He is like a poor man’s spurrier. 

leach has won 9 games twice at washington state. the dude can coach. washington state was a level above kansas maybe when he got there. I agree with you about petrino about the no defense. He would have stidham balling for 1 year though. talent level would go down each year on defense. 

43 minutes ago, keesler said:

SEC Champs get a spot, and they won the SEC for the first 3 years of the playoffs. How is that weaseling their way in?

The past three years don’t matter,  this year is what counts concerning this years playoff.  If Ohio State wins this game they will have matched bammer in every important category plus one, actually making it to your conference championship and winning it.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

no one is more motivated to go against saban. Iron Bowls would be fun. press conferences would be fun. QB development would be on another level. But yah do not worry Auburn would never hire a guy that risque. 

Last week he retweeted a picture of someone wearing a "Freshwater" jersey (number 69) at a bama game. If you don't know the story behind it, look it up.  That trash belongs in Tuscaloosa. NOT IN AUBURN. 

Likewise with Petrino. 

Just now, 1856 said:

Last week he retweeted a picture of someone wearing a "Freshwater" jersey (number 69) at a bama game. If you don't know the story behind it, look it up.  That trash belongs in Tuscaloosa. NOT IN AUBURN. 

Likewise with Petrino. 

for a young guy like me I would welcome a personality like joey freshwater lol. I get how the old guard of any fanbase but especially ours would not want him.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

leach has won 9 games twice at washington state. the dude can coach. washington state was a level above kansas maybe when he got there. 

Why hasnt another program scooped him up? He seemed way too willling to coach horrible Tennessee.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

This list is exactly why I laugh at others who call for Gus’s head.

Lane train rhymes with pain train, do not want.

seems to be the norm Jeff. beat your two biggest rivals in regular season. lose the championship game. " fire him and hire lane kiffin".........................:sad2:

Just now, Sully to Beasley said:

The man has said multiple times that he is staying. I may be accused of being gullible but I will take him at his word.

I may be gullible as well as i don't tend to believe much that comes out of his mouth but i tend to believe him about this b/c after all it is Arky that we're talking about. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Leach has nowhere near the talent level to work with than what's available at AU. He gets a lot out of a little. He turned around the program at Texas Tech and he has done the same at Wa. State. And he almost beat us in 2013, the year we went to the NC. I would say he is at least as good a coach as Gus, if not better.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

for a young guy like me I would welcome a personality like joey freshwater lol. I get how the old guard of any fanbase but especially ours would not want him.

I thought it would've been a pretty good fit for Tenn. He and the fans are both crazy as hell. At least there would be some excitement and offense at Tenn. But no way i'd want him at Auburn. 

Please stop the Kiffin talk. He may be a great play caller, but just as Gus, he is stubborn and not head coach material for a large program. I've been an AU fan since I was old enough to realize it, but AU has always been pathetic as far as Upper Management goes. Nothing leads me to believe they will hire a reputable or decent AD. Plus I expect Leath and Jacobs to break the bank trying to keep Malfraud. 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You want one of our football coaches that is married to be notorious for sleeping with coeds under an alias? 

That some are even talking about,  some desiring, replacing a 10 win SEC coach is laughable. Pop Warner rules!  

2 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

Leach has nowhere near the talent level to work with than what's available at AU. He gets a lot out of a little.

He coaches in the pac 12. His team almost beat Auburn in 2013 when NM was a raw QB and going against a QB who chunked it 50 times a game. 

6 minutes ago, Deemer 47 said:

Please stop the Kiffin talk. He may be a great play caller, but just as Gus, he is stubborn and not head coach material for a large program.

I couldn’t agree more.  I believe Kiffin would be a disaster.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He coaches in the pac 12. His team almost beat Auburn in 2013 when NM was a raw QB and going against a QB who chunked it 50 times a game. 

So who would be your choice to replace Gus if he leaves for Arky?

9 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

That some are even talking about,  some desiring, replacing a 10 win SEC coach is laughable. Pop Warner rules!  

Most are discussing that it's not worth a bidding war to keep him, not just simply getting rid of him. Huge difference. 

Archived