SECCG - Postgame Presser

RunInRed

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus Malzahn : "I want to be the HC at Auburn".
Does that mean you will be?
"I want to be".
Interesting choice of words.

Injured KJ, no KP, no Marlon Davidson, no Tre Williams, no Carlton Davis. Not easy odds for any team to overcome against a top 5 team thirsty for vengeance.

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

i wonder how much it would take to get paul chryst to come to AU?....he is interesting

How did the last highly successful Wisconsin coach fare at Arkansas?

Matt Campbell at Iowa St would be a great coach. The guy beat two top 5 teams and his loses were by less than TD except to Texas. That’s some mighty good coaching. 

Disclaimer this is hypothetical, for fun. I do not want Gus fired or to leave. Don’t want to upset anyone at this time of mourning.

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Matt Campbell at Iowa St would be a great coach. The guy beat two top 5 teams and his loses were by less than TD except to Texas. That’s some mighty good coaching.

He was already contacted by other schools, but his buyout is keeping him in place. 

the kids just told you on tape what happened and what went wrong and yet some of you can only talk about firing gus. he did not turn the ball over. he had to trust kj on his playing time and being honest with the  coaches on ow much he could do. the truth is the kids did not get it done. and the arm tackles tell me our kids were just wore out here at the end of the season. and i think gus does want to be here IF he wanted and if he does not have to turn down several mil a year. but that being said i believe if gus wants to be here he will work with auburn on the money.

30 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ugh feel bad for the players

Me too. They had their ass handed to them.

16 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

How did the last highly successful Wisconsin coach fare at Arkansas?

how well is the fairly successful Wisconsin coach faring at this very moment...

31 minutes ago, aubieclawz said:

I SAY FIRE GUS!!! sorryass ..just leave for Arky!!

That bammer loss must have really hurt you. What year did you graduate from Alabama?

35 minutes ago, aubieclawz said:

I SAY FIRE GUS!!! sorryass ..just leave for Arky!!

Yeah!  How dare he beat two #1 ranked teams in three weeks and win the West!  I mean, Bill Belicheck went 18-0 but lost the Super Bowl. Patriots should have fired him too!

#youareanidiot #layoffthesauce

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yeah!  How dare he beat two #1 ranked teams in three weeks and win the West!  I mean, Bill Belicheck went 18-0 but lost the Super Bowl. Patriots should have fired him too!

#youareanidiot #layoffthesauce

Gene Chizik was fired after two seasons and he won a national Championship after his first.

#whoistheidiot #mediocrityisfun

3 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Gene Chizik was fired after two seasons and he won a national Championship after his first.

#whoistheidiot #mediocrityisfun

Chizik went 3-9 and lost the team in 2012.  We were ranked #2 today and lost to a fellow top 6 team on a neutral field.  How is that mediocre?  

Tonight's over-reaction by some in our fan base is embarrassing.  You can't win them all.  All I ever want is a shot at a title, which we had. UGA was better today.  Tip your cap and move on.  The turn around since LSU deserves kudos.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Chizik went 3-9 and lost the team in 2012.  We were ranked #2 today and lost to a fellow top 6 team on a neutral field.  How is that mediocre?  

Tonight's over-reaction by some in our fan base is embarrassing.  You can't win them all.  All I ever want is a shot at a title, which we had. UGA was better today.  Tip your cap and move on.

Amen. Still hoping CGM is our coach come Monday morning.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Tonight's over-reaction by some in our fan base is embarrassing.  You can't win them all.  All I ever want is a shot at a title, which we had. UGA was better today.  Tip your cap and move on.

Agree but the way you lose says alot also. Although the schedule is brutal if we expect to win championship now we'll have to knock off top ranked teams in short periods.

1 minute ago, Southwest said:

Agree but the way you lose says alot also. Although the schedule is brutal if we expect to win championship now we'll have to knock off top ranked teams in short periods.

Totally fair.  I think we dug ourselves a hole by losing to LSU.  Forced us to win out instead of giving us a mulligan with the first UGA game where we had to get up for it.  But oh well.  It sucks to lose this, but I'd rather be in our position than most other teams.  We controlled our destiny and it didnt work out.  Time to move on and try to get win #11.

Gus wants to be AUs coach, but he wants to get PAID and an extension.  It took him 3 damn seasons to put a dominating product on the field, he finally did the job he’s been paid to do....he competed for a championship.  He will get compensated in accordance with his current contract.

Now he holds all the cards and will use Arky as leverage to get millions more, when in reality he doesn’t deserve more than what he’s getting now.

Oh well, Sexton/Malzhan has Auburn by the balls, and AU will pay out the freaking nose.

41 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

the kids just told you on tape what happened and what went wrong and yet some of you can only talk about firing gus. he did not turn the ball over. he had to trust kj on his playing time and being honest with the  coaches on ow much he could do. the truth is the kids did not get it done. and the arm tackles tell me our kids were just wore out here at the end of the season. and i think gus does want to be here IF he wanted and if he does not have to turn down several mil a year. but that being said i believe if gus wants to be here he will work with auburn on the money.

I for one am hoping that he works it out with AU and maybe tells Sexton to take a year off. How much finer a life can CGM live in Arkansas with an extra million a year. At close to 5 million a year already, I just do not want to end my career wollering in total mediocrity in Arkansas. I am hoping CGM does not let Sexton push him off a cliff and take Auburn with him. JMO

Here are a few facts for us all:

We scored ZERO points in the second half of our losses this year. 

Our losses were to teams with a combined 33-5 record (assuming clemson hold on)

Two of the teams that beat us will be in the playoffs (assuming clemson holds on).

Archived