Georgia Game (SECCG) Report Card

StatTiger

Turned back into a pumpkin.  Pretty good year nonetheless.

Seems we should have given Cam and Miller some carries earlier in the year maybe they would have been more ready for prime time.  Pretty obvious GA knew we couldn't run the ball.  (Kinda like last year when they knew we couldn't pass the ball.). Needed a big play/big body receiver (Kyle Davis?).

Maybe not realistic but maybe give Malik Willis a series or two to change things up- after all his redshirt is burned.

War Eagle

14 hours ago, mom2kid said:

No GM press conf?  I would like to hear why they didnt see what we all saw.  Playing a hurt RB and no adjustments.

Yeah, I missed the press conference due to being depressed.  Did he mention he wished KJ told him he was hurt?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, corchjay said:

This game wasn’t on the coaches.  The players had no energy and Jarrett had a bad night tossing it around.  They weren’t going to let us run the football period.  

QB fumble, KJ fumble, blocked FG or it’s a different game.

Players seemed to lose momentum and maybe a little confidence after the QB fumble, when we are about to go up by two scores. It was still a one score ball game, and Auburn was driving, when an injured KJ, coughed it up.

I agree, can’t blame the coaches for any of that.

Also, can’t blame the coaches for half of our D, being second string, most of the second-half.

Looked to me like Stidham got a solid hit to the back of his head on one of his runs. After that he was completely ineffective. Probably didn't even check him for a concussion.

I'm with a lot of you. The only blame I put on the coaches is playing an injured KJ. Georgia attacked him and Stidham all night, unnecessarily aggressive, drawing a few flags but doing it regardless.

Still, we had a hell of a run. It'll be nice to ruin another team's undefeated season in a few weeks. ;)

• Like 2

We get blown out by Georgia (28-7) and yet Malzahn gets a raise and more years. This sounds a lot what like JJ did in 2015. Gus had to beat Memphis in the (Birmingham bowl) just so we'd have a winning record, and we did. We went 7-6 overall and 2-6 in the SEC. After that season, Jay gives Gus another raise and added another year or two to his contract. Oh well.

May or may not be right time or place but about Kerryon's injury and playing. It was obvious he wanted to play but was not able to be more than a shadow of himself and was unable to hold up to hard contact. Reminds me of last year with the injury that our QB had,( sorry senior moment name won't come to me) when he continued to play and it hurt the team more than any backup could have. Just makes me wonder who is in charge of those decisions on staff down there .

Edited by oldman

2 minutes ago, oldman said:

FMy or my not be right time or place but about Kerryon's injury and playing. It was obvious he wanted to play but was not able to be more than a shadow of himself and was unable to hold up to hard contact. Reminds me of last year with the injury that our QB had,( sorry senior moment name won't come to me) when he continued to play and it hurt the team more than any backup could have. Just makes me wonder who is in charge of those decisions on staff down there .

Sean White. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

We get blown out by Georgia (28-7) and yet Malzahn gets a raise and more years. This sounds a lot what like JJ did in 2015. Gus had to beat Memphis in the (Birmingham bowl) just so we'd have a winning record, and we did. We went 7-6 overall and 2-6 in the SEC. After that season, Jay gives Gus another raise and added another year or two to his contract. Oh well.

I wouldn't consider that game being a blowout. We had scoring drives ruined with fumbles (Kerryon's first fumble this entire season, btw) and a blocked FG (please Gus, hire a Special Teams coach!). Take away the one big TD run they got and it's still 21-7 late. The final score makes it seem lopsided but it really wasn't.

Basically we had the same issues that Georgia and Bama both had playing against us the previous weeks. The guys were banged up and exhausted and just got out-physicaled. Sucks but it is what it is.

A lot of people still have issues with Gus - but with the coaching carousel going on right now, losing him would have put us in a bad position and destroys the stability we're finally having with our staff. If I had to give Gus a little raise to make sure Steele and Lindsey stay - so be it. He won't be here in 5 years most likely.