Looking ahead to 2018 RBs

WDE_OxPx_2010

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Boobie? Ok I can't keep track of the nicknames.

Jartavious Whitlow...Guy that redshirted.

Just now, WFE12 said:

Jartavious Whitlow...Guy that redshirted.

Hmmm...wasn't very highly rated. I just don't like having to rely on 3*s. Then again, both Asa and Worm are 4*s, same as KP and KJ.

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Hmmm...wasn't very highly rated. I just don't like having to rely on 3*s. Then again, both Asa and Worm are 4*s, same as KP and KJ.

Worm will most likely redshirt. The staff and players have spoken very highly of Boobie but there was a guy named Sal that was talked up a lot and he didn't do squat so I'm just hoping at this point.

5 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I guess A-Day will be pretty interesting this year. Are any of our new guys enrolled early?

Asa is the only rb that enrolled early and that is big for our current situation.

16 minutes ago, Altima said:

mike dyar, tre, roc, and kj all contributed significantly as true freshmen. not that hard to imagine...

careful....positive comments are not appreciated..:)

21 minutes ago, Altima said:

mike dyar, tre, roc, and kj all contributed significantly as true freshmen. not that hard to imagine...

Man I keep forgetting those guys were freshmen. I still have to remind myself that KJ is a junior.

23 hours ago, AUwent said:

Who is Worm? Good to know we have more than one RB coming in.

5'7 165LB listed on his bio. Although HUDL has him listed at 5'5...He does bring it though. Although I'm not sold on his speed...

One thing Gus went on and on about was asa's pass blocking. But once again it's more about technique than size.....being big doesn't make you a good blocker. Having technique can make the smallest guy a good blocker. HB blocking is rarely a fight. It's usually just a misdirection

We continue to crank out all SEC backs,.  We will do it again next year somehow.    Remember when we had Barber, Roc, and Jovon all leave?   It was the end of the world....   Not.   

Yeah but this time our backfield consists exclusively of guys Gus doesn't trust. Will be interesting. 

Remember when Gus had no problem getting 97 pound freshman Onterio McCaleb tons of playing time and carries?

12 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

5'7 165LB listed on his bio. Although HUDL has him listed at 5'5...He does bring it though. Although I'm not sold on his speed...

According to his mother, Shaun played at 185 this year.  As for his speed it is legit.  He is one of the fastest kids in the state of FL.

Wait... hold on just one minute... somebody said they're not sold on Shaun Shivers's *speed*?

Oh, I see it's the same person who said that Hastings can't get separation. Cool.

Gus needs to sign another RB. Asa Martin is going to be a great back for Auburn, but with Pettway AND Johnson leaving early, I believe we should sign 2 RB's for the 2018 class.

Just now, auburn4ever said:

Gus needs to sign another RB. Asa Martin is going to be a great back for Auburn, but with Pettway AND Johnson leaving early, I believe we should sign 2 RB's for the 2018 class.

Auburn signed two, Shivers & Martin 

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

One thing Gus went on and on about was asa's pass blocking. But once again it's more about technique than size.....being big doesn't make you a good blocker. Having technique can make the smallest guy a good blocker. HB blocking is rarely a fight. It's usually just a misdirection

This answered a question I posted in another topic. We always talk about the rb running, but they have to be able to block the SEC lbs and dl. I hope he is able to get it done as a freshman.

14 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Worm will most likely redshirt. The staff and players have spoken very highly of Boobie but there was a guy named Sal that was talked up a lot and he didn't do squat so I'm just hoping at this point.

I'm sorry to inform you that Worm will not redshirt. 

15 hours ago, AUwent said:

Worm?

ETA: Never Mind.

Note to self: Read!

17 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Maybe this will help with your doubts on his speed.

Chaminade Madonna junior Shaun Shivers is one of the most electrifying two-sport athletes in the country. On the football field he's ranked as a four star prospect and 12th best RB in the country for the class of 2018. On the track, he owns the 8th fastest all conditions 100m time of 10.47 (2.8 m/s) fourth fastest 200m time of 21.13 by a sophomore. Recently, Shivers announced he will fulfill his dream to be a successful dual sport athlete at the Auburn University.

Archived