Projection: Peach vs. UCF

War Eagle 96

I hope we get the fiesta. I want a big name bowl. Peach bowl does nothing for me. I had enough of atl for 1 season since we are not going to be playing there for the natty.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

every projection I have seen has us in atlanta vs ucf. yuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Have to go back to the site of this horrible game in a month lol.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

every projection I have seen has us in atlanta vs ucf. yuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Have to go back to the site of this horrible game in a month lol.

I don’t even care anymore. We blew our shot at having the postseason we wanted so now we just have to deal with what we get. Sucks but we still have a shot at 11 wins.

Just now, OnthePlains said:

I don’t even care anymore. We blew our shot at having the postseason we wanted so now we just have to deal with what we get. Sucks but we still have a shot at 11 wins.

I wish we could play usc in the fiesta. that would be so cool.

A frustrating thing is that had we won today, everyone would have been healthy when Semifinals roll around.

Healthy Auburn team playing? I think we'd have won it all.

Damn. 

Just now, AUDynasty said:

A frustrating thing is that had we won today, everyone would have been healthy when Semifinals roll around.

Healthy Auburn team playing? I think we'd have won it all.

Damn. 

I agree. Just could not hold on for 1 more week.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I agree. Just could not hold on for 1 more week.

I think the fumble in red zone in second quarter was the game-deciding outcome. Had we went away with points, we would have won. 

Ahh. The potential for next year is phenomenal but I'm afraid we'll need to burn three or four games before we establish an identity for the team. 

23 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

I think the fumble in red zone in second quarter was the game-deciding outcome. Had we went away with points, we would have won. 

Ahh. The potential for next year is phenomenal but I'm afraid we'll need to burn three or four games before we establish an identity for the team. 

I disagree. Look at 14. Only other time Gus had a returning QB. If the defense figured it out that year, we were a top 10 team. This team has the potential to get it going right away

24 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Worried about the Oline for next year...we never seem to come out of the gates clean..usually takes a few weeks and one or two losses to get it together... I hate that. 

8 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Yep...expectations changed.  And yet, the past couple of weeks there were 5-5 teams all over the place busting their butts trying to get eligible for any bowl game at all.  Quite a few squeezed in with the minimum 6 wins.  

Meanwhile if you want to cheer yourself up,  call a few of your Florida State and Florida buddies and ask them how they plan to spend the bowl season? :)    

There is nothing to gain playing UCF.  Win and we were supposed to win.  Lose and they are Cinderella.  Since we play Washington in the new dome the first game next year maybe it helps us to play another game there but that is about the only silver lining I can see and that is a reach.  

That would be a major disappointment. Since none of he bowls matter other than the playoff games anyway, how about a game in a fun location where the players could enjoy themselves? Atlanta's great but I would bet most players for AU have experienced it enough.
And AU's fan base would just drive over for the game, not what I'm sure the city would prefer either.

10 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

There is nothing to gain playing UCF.  Win and we were supposed to win.  Lose and they are Cinderella.  Since we play Washington in the new dome the first game next year maybe it helps us to play another game there but that is about the only silver lining I can see and that is a reach.  

Gee....I'm thinking that if a kid loves to play football, it's always positive to have another game to play. 

And don't forget it's also a pretty good party.   The pain of this loss we be gone in a couple weeks for most people....and the guys who did not play well (or at all) yesterday will have a chance to redeem themselves...... and for some, it will be their last game in an Auburn uniform and a chance to go out with a win..

JMO...but there is lots to look forward to...even in the Peach Bowl.  :beer2:

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Yep...expectations changed.  And yet, the past couple of weeks there were 5-5 teams all over the place busting their butts trying to get eligible for any bowl game at all.  Quite a few squeezed in with the minimum 6 wins.  

Meanwhile if you want to cheer yourself up,  call a few of your Florida State and Florida buddies and ask them how they plan to spend the bowl season? :)    

I honestly don’t need cheering up. I kinda expected what happened yesterday.  I will enjoy watching whatever bowl we go to regardless of opponent.  I love Auburn. Our football program is what it is.  I’ll take the eleven win season and see what happens next year.

i hope we get a bowl that lets us get the max practice time we can get so we get the younguns more reps and more time to heal the starters............

When did everyone become a bunch of whiners good grief.  Auburn played depending who you asked a SOS of 3 with 4 top 10 teams 6 top 30 teams.  Auburn gets and opportunity to play in a committee bowl game against a top 12/10 team who cares where the location is besides it will be based on the teams playing and expected travel.  You get the chance to play an undefeated team regardless of the conference oh and btw their SOS is 83 and LSU's is 63 so get off your high horse. 

UCF 4th in total offense 93rd in total defense.  It is a good match up for a healthy Auburn team.  There is a lot to play for.  Top 10 finish, beat a team you should beat, recruiting etc.  Close out the season strong.   

12 hours ago, War Eagle 96 said:

That one might be tough for the team to get up for?

Can we just deny the invitation this time and stay home? That is the least interesting place (Atlanta again) and matchup of all 40 games. We will not do well for a total lack of interest.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Gee....I'm thinking that if a kid loves to play football, it's always positive to have another game to play. 

And don't forget it's also a pretty good party.   The pain of this loss we be gone in a couple weeks for most people....and the guys who did not play well (or at all) yesterday will have a chance to redeem themselves...... and for some, it will be their last game in an Auburn uniform and a chance to go out with a win..

JMO...but there is lots to look forward to...even in the Peach Bowl.  :beer2:

Losses of this magnitude you never get over. EVER. It will hurt always just like the game vs fsu in 2013. The whole reason we cheer for Auburn is for games like this. We were 3 wins away from a natty.  I thought we were going to do it. We were the hottest team in the country and unstoppable.  The goal for us should always be championships. We completely blew it yesterday. Just being bowl eligible is not something to get excited about. There is nothing to look forward to with a game with where there is nothing to gain against a team in ucf without their rock star coach . Auburn is not a program where we go awwww shucks o well at least we are bowl eligible. When you get chances like we had yesterday to win a championship YOU GOT to take advantage of it. 

Archived