Projection: Peach vs. UCF

War Eagle 96

gross. I feel awful for our players. Instead of a exciting game with a name program in miami or tempe we get stuck in atl. Our players deserve better than that. They deserved after a awesome season to go to a new city with new experiences.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

1130???? That stinks

ewwwwww insult to injury!!!!! 11:30?!??!! the past 24 hours just gets worse! lol

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

ewwwwww insult to injury!!!!! 11:30?!??!! the past 24 hours just gets worse! lol

Right?! Can we decline? 

3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

That's fine I'm ok with beating the brakes off of them and then watching Bama be one and done in the same day 

Guess we'll just have to see which Gus team shows up. UCF is a scrappy little team.

Just now, AidiAU said:

Right?! Can we decline? 

orange bowl vs miami and richt would be so awesome. literally any of the other new years 6 bowls that were not part of the playoffs would of been awesome! Just put wiscy vs ucf!!!! No one cares about ucf or wiscy!!! just put them in 1 game together so you only ruin 1 game and not 2! lol

1 minute ago, AUBourne said:

Auburn AD should apologize for not getting AU into one of the other bowls.  Just horrible.

It's not his call.  The committee puts together pairings based on matchups, ratings, and potential attendance.  UCF was going to the Peach, so their job became who can we match them up with that will be an interesting game AND sell tickets, because UCF doesn't have a large fan base.  Auburn is the obvious choice here.

I'm with GWill though.  Wanted any other game for our players so they could have a new experience.  This will make three straight games played in Atlanta for us since we open the season next year there.

Some folks underselling this game....one of the Top 6 New Years Day bowl games....not some kind of booby prize.   And we put an end to two teams undefeated seasons.....so might as well do it one more time with UCF.

As noted, the matchups are pretty well pre-established by contracts with the conferences.

Should be a good game to watch....

21 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's not his call.  The committee puts together pairings based on matchups, ratings, and potential attendance.  UCF was going to the Peach, so their job became who can we match them up with that will be an interesting game AND sell tickets, because UCF doesn't have a large fan base.  Auburn is the obvious choice here.

I'm with GWill though.  Wanted any other game for our players so they could have a new experience.  This will make three straight games played in Atlanta for us since we open the season next year there.

Yep wanted our guys to be out of HOTLANTA for once.

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Some folks underselling this game....one of the Top 6 New Years Day bowl games....not some kind of booby prize.   And we put an end to two teams undefeated seasons.....so might as well do it one more time with UCF.

As noted, the matchups are pretty well pre-established by contracts with the conferences.

Should be a good game to watch....

only way it will be good to watch is if we win. I am jealous of lsu's matchup vs notre dame. second time in the last few years they have played notre dame in a bowl game while we still have NEVER played them. That is a way bigger matchup in the college fball world than what we got stuck with.

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

only way it will be good to watch is if we win. I am jealous of lsu's matchup vs notre dame. second time in the last few years they have played notre dame in a bowl game while we still have NEVER played them. That is a way bigger matchup in the college fball world than what we got stuck with.

I agree. I will get more excited as it gets closer but the matchup just isn’t exciting 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yep ND.....that would be truly interesting.....if we had lost more games we could be there instead of LSU.....being ranked #7 nationally has some disadvantages it seems... .have to play one of the higher ranked teams...:dunno:    Might be a good idea for AU not to take these guys too lightly...

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Yep ND.....that would be truly interesting.....if we had lost more games we could be there instead of LSU.....being ranked #7 nationally has some disadvantages it seems... .have to play one of the higher ranked teams...:dunno:    Might be a good idea for AU not to take these guys too lightly...

lol come on playing central florida is no reward.

I'm excited we got a New Year's Six, don't get me wrong. But like many of you, I just wish the players would get the chance to go experience and play in a new city and stadium. They're coming back to the stadium that left a filthy taste in their mouth. But on the bright side, since it's in Atlanta, the stadium will be packed with Auburn fans. It's also good for the nearby fans who can afford game tickets but not so much the travel costs associated with further bowl games.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol come on playing central florida is no reward.

No that's true because if the team goes there looking for a cake walk they could get embarrassed.  

Playing Ga Southern again might be a reward.   Though I guess it could be said that the reward is actually playing another major football game, enjoying the party and taking home a nice bag of goodies. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

No that's true because if the team goes there looking for a cake walk they could get embarrassed.  

Playing Ga Southern again might be a reward.   Though I guess it could be said that the reward is actually playing another major football game, enjoying the party and taking home a nice bag of goodies. 

our players should of been rewarded with dallas, miami or tempe. Atlanta is a yawn.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

our players should of been rewarded with dallas, miami or tempe. Atlanta is a yawn.

True....but blame the SEC for negotiating that kind of deal....as you know, basically no conference team has a choice where they end up playing....so hope the guys make up their minds to enjoy the experience and knock down what I think is the last undefeated Div 1 team.     War Eagle....

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Atlanta is a yawn, especially since the team will be playing 3 games in a row there. And they really should have been rewarded with a much funner city...but it's also good for the fans and players' families. I'm sure the fans and families who can't afford to make the travels to the west coast cities or even Miami are happy they're playing close to home.

9 minutes ago, WDE0007 said:

Atlanta is a yawn, especially since the team will be playing 3 games in a row there. And they really should have been rewarded with a much funner city...but it's also good for the fans and players' families. I'm sure the fans and families who can't afford to make the travels to the west coast cities or even Miami are happy they're playing close to home.

60/40 split or better for the attendance I bet. Would love to be there. 

Teams ranked below us with way more exciting opponents. I think AU should have won a case that Central Florida vs Miami was a much more appealing game.  Same for AU vs OSU or USC in Cotton.  I think politicking is a major factor and our leadership failed.  

I think it will be a good game. UCF is good! Just wish it was a different location so the players could enjoy experiencing a different city. Oh well. At least i should be able to get reasonably priced tickets. Are we home or away?

Archived