Was Stidham hurt?

PigskinPat

I don’t think he was hurt. I bet the shot to the head you think you saw was actually where the defender missed js and hit his own teammate in the head. He did however miss a few screens or dump offs that could have been big plays. 

1 minute ago, alexava said:

I don’t think he was hurt. I bet the shot to the head you think you saw was actually where the defender missed js and hit his own teammate in the head. He did however miss a few screens or dump offs that could have been big plays. 

It did look a lot worse initially, but he still got hit in the back of the head.

They were playing dirty all night, starting with the late hit on KJ out of bounds. Still baffles me at how that wasn’t flagged. Here’s an article with a clip of some of their dirty plays:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/auburn-fans-not-happy-georgias-late-hit-kerryon-johnson/

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

They were playing dirty all night....

Not banging on you but that's Georgia's shtick, claiming somebody played dirty against them...I hope we don't go there. 

They were embarrassed about the way they played the first time, had their noses rubbed in it ("we beat the crap out of them") and were motivated and challenged to play more physical in the rematch.  They did and it was obvious and overwhelming.

Football is an incredibly violent sport played best by players who have a highly aggressive attitude.  And in the middle of that, it's hard to back off on a dime.  I think officials have gotten a little too quick with the unnecessary roughness calls, particularly on the boundary where half the sideline is doing the up with the hand "throw the flag" dance.  Defense wins, and the best defenses are aggressive physically to the point of nasty.  Georgia's defense personified that for four quarters yesterday.

If it’s the truth is it a shtick? I’m not saying it’s why they won the game, but there is video evidence that shows some unnecessary extra curricular activity.

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

If it’s the truth is it a shtick? I’m not saying it’s why they won the game, but there is video evidence that shows some unnecessary extra curricular activity.

You may be right, but what does it really matter?  They kicked ass from start to finish...I acknowledge that's hard to come to grips with (I'll hear it all week here in Atlanta), but that's reality and it's not going to change.  

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You may be right, but what does it really matter?  They kicked ass from start to finish...I acknowledge that's hard to come to grips with (I'll hear it all week here in Atlanta), but that's reality and it's not going to change.  

You’re right, they kicked the Tiger crap out of us last night. I’m simply voicing that I can’t stand dirty play, regardless of who it is that’s doing it. That’s all.

Yes, they did kick the Tiger crap out of us. But, I will say we were doing quite nicely up by 7 and in the red zone again poised to go up 14 when they piled on KJ's right shoulder after the play was down. Should have been flagged. In the video it looked intentional.

2 minutes ago, AU70 said:

Yes, they did kick the Tiger crap out of us. But, I will say we were doing quite nicely up by 7 and in the red zone again poised to go up 14 when they piled on KJ's right shoulder after the play was down. Should have been flagged. In the video it looked intentional.

Yup. One of those hits was straight up intentional. 

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

You’re right, they kicked the Tiger crap out of us last night. I’m simply voicing that I can’t stand dirty play, regardless of who it is that’s doing it. That’s all.

They could just win this thing in Jan. I hate to pull against the SEC but I think we need both to lose in the first game.....Recruiting!

On 12/3/2017 at 9:07 AM, PigskinPat said:

It seemed like after that hit he took on a QB run, he wasn’t quite the same. He was sailing and short hopping a lot of passes. Did anyone hear anything?

I didn't hear anything but it seemed pretty obvious to me.  I think he has a concussion, even if minor. That would account for it.

On 12/3/2017 at 9:28 AM, AubFanCT said:

It looked to me that UGA was trying to be a bit dirty and excessive.

Fixed it for you. They aren't called ThugA for nothing.

Archived