College Football Playoffs Announcement

AUDynasty

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figured that would be the case ....

Knew it was coming.

We can't say much, we tried but was unsuccessful.

Hate to see Bama get in, but I understand the decision.

1 minute ago, CAReeves2010 said:

It's kind of sickening

Eh. I don’t think it diminishes AU’s season. Lots to build on and can spend the year knowing 26-14 happened. uat gets in the playoffs having beaten no one and not even winning their division.

2 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Figured that would be the case ....

Knew it was coming.

We can't say much, we tried but was unsuccessful.

Hate to see Bama get in, but I understand the decision.

How? I see no logic in it. No wins of any value and not division or conference champions. UCF has a better resume *being hyperbolic*

Such bull. Alabama gets rewarded for losing the iron bowl. We get punished for beating our 2 biggest rivals by having to play one again on quick turnaround. College football system is washed !!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

How? I see no logic in it. No wins of any value and not division or conference champions. UCF has a better resume *being hyperbolic*

I assume you are talking about bama getting in over OSU? OSU got whipped by Iowa. Bama was beat only once and it happened when their top linebackers were out injured.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Ohio State just got hosed

As it has been said before, so did PSU last year. The BIG 1O should be the most upset, but a precedence has been set ...

Wisconsin has basically the same resume as bama, and they are now #6 due to having to play in a conference championship game.  I agree with a poster above, and do away with the conference championship games since they obviously don't help you at all.

I’m confused on the “criteria.” It seems like whatever kept Ohio State out of the top 4 should’ve prevented Auburn from ever getting to #2.. Big wins, one loss to a top team, one embarrassing loss.

Seemed like the committee switched from caring about wins to caring about losses imo.

7 minutes ago, Jameerthefear said:

If a team can get In without winning their division or conference why have them?

This...1000 x this!!

Got to an 8 team playoff. 5 power five conference champs and 3 at large based on rankings. This keeps things understandable and gets in the teams that deserve to get in. Regular season and championships matter. Of course this is too logical to happen but man, this playoff by conjecture thing has failed more often than it has succeeded. 

On 12/3/2017 at 11:48 AM, Zeek said:

$$$$$ and historical reference.

Say what you will,  but Bama has been the most successful team over the past 10 years. It is another opportunity for the NCAA to cash in.

I don’t mind bama getting in but they need to stop feeding us the bs about how important conference championships are. Two years in a row they left out a conference champ in favor of a one loss team that didn’t even win their division.

Archived