College Football Playoffs Announcement

AUDynasty

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now we know that winning your conference championship isn't the highest priority. Two years have shown us that

6 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Well I have just become the biggest Oklahoma and Clemson fan there is for the next month!!

Yep. Time to get out the wrong color orange clothes I have. Again. :(

Bammer lucks their way into yet another playoff. Meanwhile, Gus can't even develop a 2nd RB to be the next man up. 

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Clemson fans travel well. 

Might be the case, but Bama fans are no slack offs... Since they have no allegiance to the university they are located everywhere.

I have to admit that I am shocked. I really didn't think Bama would get the nod. I would have been fine being left out and going to the Fiesta or Orange bowl. I lot of folks around the country keep making the argument about not winning a division or conference championship but until you get every single team in a conference, playing the same amount of conference games and having a conference championship game, how can you really say that? If Notre Dame would have gotten in with an 11-1 mark, what kind of discussion would that bring up. They are not in a conference. This is why I am a proponent of an 8 team playoff. Five P5 conference champs and 3 at-larges. 

We BEAT uat. Let 'em run the table. Makes our win that much sweeter. JMHO

8 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Bammer lucks their way into yet another playoff. Meanwhile, Gus can't even develop a 2nd RB to be the next man up. 

By luck, you mean a little help, then yes.

the big 10 is garbage. I dont care who gets in as long as they didnt. Wisconsin has the weakest schedule i've ever seen for a power 5 school. OSU nor Wisconsin deserve to be anywhere near a playoff. USC would be way more deserving than either.

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

What would you rather? Us win the iron bowl and miss the playoffs or Alabama beat us in the national championship? It could be worse.  Besides, I really can't see them beating Clemson 

I do not like the match-up.

The problem with championship games:  it kept auburn out of the playoffs and put a resting Alabama in

I honestly think across the board this is the weakest Alabama team to get into the playoffs. Fact is Ohio State lost to Iowa in horrible fashion.. they won their conference though. Wisconsin in my opinion got hosed. They are a 1 loss team and the only reason they have 1 loss is because they played in their conference championship something Alabama didn't do.  The committee made several statements.. first being it doesn't matter about who you play or strength of schedule it matters about who you are and your wins and losses. It also made a statement that they do not care if you win your division let alone win your conference. 

Bottom line for me: We beat Bama. No matter what they do in the playoffs. 

18 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

If this were the BCS who would of been the top 2? 

Clemson - Oklahoma.  I think they are the two best teams in the country right now.

3 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

The problem with championship games:  it kept auburn out of the playoffs and put a resting Alabama in

And if there was no championship game we would have been SEC Champions after beating the turds.

Archived