College Football Playoffs Announcement

AUDynasty

In January the spUAt class president will come to Auburn Arena and give us back our ODK. Warm up the pipes and belt out our fight song. 26-14 matters.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I do. Clemson is better on offense and defense than we are. Their D line is the only one in the country that matches ours 

Syracuse might disagree. 

42 minutes ago, Jameerthefear said:

If there's no conference game then we're in the playoffs and have a month to rest KJ, Davis, and Pettway

Great point.

2 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Lmao, I love AU but y'all some biased people... Committee got it 100% Right... If that's AU sitting in Bama shoes, y'all think OSU should go?

Actually yes. Not hard to believe.

1 hour ago, madkat7 said:

Spot on. 

Spot on. 

Too much money involved in them......and you can bet that Sankey would not push for that.....in his eyes, the SEC is the big winner in this corrupt system. 

I am actually glad they put Bama in.. gives everyone else a blueprint for getting in. Win games, lose to your rival, sit at home and let two other teams battle for the conference.. slide in.. I like it. But it would only happen to bama.. no one else could do that

Just now, AuMarine said:

I am actually glad they put Bama in.. gives everyone else a blueprint for getting in. Win games, lose to your rival, sit at home and let two other teams battle for the conference.. slide in.. I like it. But it would only happen to bama.. no one else could do that. 

Ohio st did last year.

1 minute ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Ohio st did last year.

Same way that year bama played LSU again for the ship. Funny how only certain teams get that privledge 

6 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Lmao, I love AU but y'all some biased people... Committee got it 100% Right... If that's AU sitting in Bama shoes, y'all think OSU should go?

At this point it's not about AU....in my view, it's about having a system that is predictable and not subject to outside pressure.... CBS and ESPN have been lobbying for bama because of the TV revenue.   

No football fan in the world is neutral about bama......a few love them and most hate them but all will turn in to see them play.  You can bet that AU was not the main draw on that big TV audience for our game a couple weeks ago.   Only thing they did wrong was not arrange a bama and Clemson finale this season. 

1 minute ago, E'Town4Bama said:

If I am not mistaken, the committee still hasn't put a 2 loss team in the CFP. 

Dude, that was purely a political and money move to put bammer in.  Championship games have cost Wisconsin and auburn a chance to get in the playoffs.  But an Alabama team sits on their arse and does nothing and is rewarded by getting in the playoffs.  Bammers resume is worse, only quality win is LSU.  Overall, only half the teams bammer played this season has a winning record.

Just now, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Alabama deserves it more than Wisconsin. 

??? How

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

Very disappointing. It all worked out for Kirby and Nick. Georgia is the sleeping bammer of the SEC East. 

But it's so much easier to be the "bammer of the east."  Their toughest game every year is AU. 

I believe they are a good team, but they would not be able to run roughshod through the West like they do in the east. They would have injuries piled up just like us (and the turds for that matter). Just a completely different situation. 

3 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Dude, that was purely a political and money move to put bammer in.  Championship games have cost Wisconsin and auburn a chance to get in the playoffs.  But an Alabama team sits on their arse and does nothing and is rewarded by getting in the playoffs.  Bammers resume is worse, only quality win is LSU.  Overall, only half the teams bammer played this season has a winning record.

Bama can't help their opponents suck. SOS is so overrated. Every year players and coaches come and go, Schedules rotate, injuries occur and other things. At least Bama looked very good in most of their wins. Like I say, 8 team playoff looks good now.

2 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Well OSU did win their conference so I'd say yes. Alabama's biggest win is #17 LSU, OSU has Penn State and Wisky both ranked in the top 10. By the committee's criteria OSU should be in. Does Alabama look like a better team than OSU? Maybe, but so did Wisky until last night.

10 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Bama can't help their opponents suck. SOS is so overrated. Every year players and coaches come and go, Schedules rotate, injuries occur and other things. At least Bama looked very good in most of their wins. Like I say, 8 team playoff looks good now.

So Wisconsin should be in then right?

Archived