College Football Playoffs Announcement

AUDynasty

8 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Bama can't help their opponents suck. SOS is so overrated. Every year players and coaches come and go, Schedules rotate, injuries occur and other things. At least Bama looked very good in most of their wins. Like I say, 8 team playoff looks good now.

This is a serious question because I have no idea.. Heard a commentator say that Saban manipulates his schedule.. so my question is when is the last time bama played a top ten non conference team at that teams house? not at a neutral site? 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, E'Town4Bama said:

Seriously, Auburn and Alabama could both beat Wisconsin and you know it. 

Probably but that's the eye test, NOT the committee's criteria. All I've heard this week is how great the 4 team playoff is because it puts so much emphasis on the CCGs. Then they scrap that and go with a team who didn't even play in one. They're consistent I'll say that but they've lost all credibility the last two years.

I know this won't happen, but this could be one of these moments where early rankings should be held out until Week 8, when they announce the first rankings of CFP, and go from there.

10 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

This is a serious question because I have no idea.. Heard a commentator say that Saban manipulates his schedule.. so my question is when is the last time bama played a top ten non conference team at that teams house? not at a neutral site? 

Just speculation, but I think the neutral site game doesn't give either of the teams an advantage. Like a bowl game. I would also think the high school players from those neutral site areas get to see more. I guess that be a recruiting tool. 

43 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Lmao, I love AU but y'all some biased people... Committee got it 100% Right... If that's AU sitting in Bama shoes, y'all think OSU should go?

Do you really think they would do the same for Auburn?  I don’t.  Auburn has nowhere near the same political clout as Alabama.  In fact i don’t know many other teams that would be treated favorably  like Alabama.

1 minute ago, AUDynasty said:

I know this won't happen, but this could be one of these moments where early rankings should be held out until Week 8, when they announce the first rankings of CFP, and go from there.

This should have happened a long time ago.

Had Alabama got beat by 31 points to an unranked South Carolina or Texas A&M the way Ohio State lost to an unranked Iowa, Alabama wouldn't have gotten in. If Ohio State's only loss was was to Oklahoma, Ohio State would be in but then they would have likely been ahead of Alabama in rankings to begin with after Alabama lost to us, and  Ohio STtae wouldn't have had to jump from #8 to #4.

A conference championship doesn't erase a 31 point beat-down to an unranked team.

1 hour ago, stoic-one said:

Ugh, maybe this will be the impetus to get us to an 8 team playoff, maybe...

If they would only let conference champs in, the the CCG's are almost exactly like the extra round. Ist round, then re-rank all conference champs and take the top 4. 

2 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Probably but that's the eye test, NOT the committee's criteria. All I've heard this week is how great the 4 team playoff is because it puts so much emphasis on the CCGs. Then they scrap that and go with a team who didn't even play in one. They're consistent I'll say that but they've lost all credibility the last two years.

Notre Dame was in the first playoff poll. What if they finished 11-1 and was in the final rankings? They are not even in a conference or have to play that extra game. I know it didn't happen but what if it did? What would be that explanation? 

39 minutes ago, AU64 said:

At this point it's not about AU....in my view, it's about having a system that is predictable and not subject to outside pressure.... CBS and ESPN have been lobbying for bama because of the TV revenue.   

No football fan in the world is neutral about bama......a few love them and most hate them but all will turn in to see them play.  You can bet that AU was not the main draw on that big TV audience for our game a couple weeks ago.   Only thing they did wrong was not arrange a bama and Clemson finale this season. 

BSPN is hurting for revenue since joining the political fray. I don't watch anything on there but Auburn, consistently.

2 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

If they would only let conference champs in, the the CCG's are almost exactly like the extra round. Ist round, then re-rank all conference champs and take the top 4. 

Every team needs to be in a conference for that to work. 

1 minute ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Had Alabama got beat by 31 points to an unranked South Carolina or Texas A&M the way Ohio State lost to an unranked Iowa, Alabama wouldn't have gotten in. If Ohio State's only loss was was to Oklahoma, Ohio State would be in but then they would have likely been ahead of Alabama in rankings to begin with after Alabama lost to us, and  Ohio STtae wouldn't have had to jump from #8 to #4.

A conference championship doesn't erase a 31 point beat-down to an unranked team.

Ummmm, that's far from the only factor involved. OSU had much better qualty wins. With 2 losses we were ranked ahead of every one loss team except clemson due to quality wins. Granted our losses were better than osu's, but the iowa loss was not a dealbreaker. 

2 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Notre Dame was in the first playoff poll. What if they finished 11-1 and was in the final rankings? They are not even in a conference or have to play that extra game. I know it didn't happen but what if it did? What would be that explanation? 

Leave them out, then they will actually have a reason to join a conference

1 minute ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Every team needs to be in a conference for that to work. 

ND is the only team that even comes close to testing that rule. They need to join a conference. Problem solved. 

Just now, Auburnfan91 said:

You're right it doesn't. OSU stacks up better than Alabama in almost every category of the committee's criteria though. They won their conference, their 2 signature wins are both sitting in the top 10, one of their 2 losses is in the top 4, and their SOS is better. Why create a formula if you're not going to use it? 

16 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Ok, and if Wisconsin didn’t have a championship game to play and sat at home like Alabama, then Wisconsin would be going to the playoffs.  They were undefeated and had better wins then Alabama during the regular season.

Just now, tiger88 said:

ND is the only team that even comes close to testing that rule. They need to join a conference. Problem solved. 

I agree but until they do, you don't have to win your conference to get in.

1 hour ago, E'Town4Bama said:

That means they would've beaten a top 10 team in Miami, a top 10 CC in USC, a top 25 in Stanford and their 1 loss would be to top 4 uga. They get in. Bama has 2 top 25 wins in LSU and Miss St.

Bammer loses the last game, sits at home and it means nothing. Unbelievable. Why should UGA and AU have to play for a winner takes all, loser goes home when the team that's already at home gets the express ticket. 

2 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

That means they would've beaten a top 10 team in Miami, a top 10 in USC, a top 25 in Stanford and their 1 loss would be to top 4 uga. They get in. Bama has one top 25 win.

My point is everyone keeps talking about Bama didn't win their conference but a few teams like Notre Dame stay independent. If you want the CCGs to mean something, everybody needs to be in a conference.  

16 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Just speculation, but I think the neutral site game doesn't give either of the teams an advantage. Like a bowl game. I would also think the high school players from those neutral site areas get to see more. I guess that be a recruiting tool. 

ok? so what's the answer to the question? or do you have no idea? 

8 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Ok, and if Wisconsin didn’t half a championship game to play and sat at home like Alabama, then Wisconsin would be going to the playoffs.  They were undefeated and had better wins then Alabama during the regular season.

what really good wins does wisconsin have. i dont see it

58 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

My point is everyone keeps talking about Bama didn't win their conference but a few teams like Notre Dame stay independent. If you want the CCGs to mean something, everybody needs to be in a conference.  

Yes they should but I think the closest we will ever see is the heavy ACC schedule that they already play. Hypothetically, if ND went 11-1 they're 2 wins against current top 10 teams and 1 loss to uga would stack up better than Alabama's 2 top 25 wins. There's no point in CFP criteria if it's not going to be used at the end of the year.

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

ok? so what's the answer to the question? or do you have no idea? 

I have never personally met Saban so I don't have an answer. Auburn plays neutral site games also. Louisville in 2015, Washington in 2018 and Oregon in 2019. 

Archived