College Football Playoffs Announcement

AUDynasty

9 minutes ago, bigman334 said:

what really good wins does wisconsin have. i dont see it

And the same thing is being said about Alabama’s wins.  The problem is they say CCGs matter, then they say they don’t matter.  Yet they did matter one way or another in this situation because auburn and Wisconsin were penalized having to play an extra game, and Alabama is rewarded for sitting at home and not having to play an extra game while they get one more week of rest, unlike the other playoff contenders who had to play and win their conference championship games.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, E'Town4Bama said:

I have never personally met Saban so I don't have an answer. Auburn plays neutral site games also. Louisville in 2015, Washington in 2018 and Oregon in 2019. 

I never said Auburn didn't play neutral site games.. we have and we do.. we also go to Clemson and play.. I was asking the last time that Alabama went out of conference and played a top ten team at that teams house? has nothing to do with knowing Saban?? 

4 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Yes they should but I think the closest we will ever see is the heavy ACC schedule that they already play. Hypothetically, if ND went 11-1 they're 2 wins against current top 10 teams and 1 loss to uga would stack up better than Alabama's only top 25 win. There's no point in CFP criteria if it's not going to be used at the end of the year.

ND plays 5 ACC games and everyone in the ACC plays 8. Doesn't make sense. 8 team playoff is my preference but this mess does give us something to talk about. 

ND plays 5 ACC games and everyone in the ACC plays 8. Doesn't make sense. 8 team playoff is my preference but this mess does give us something to talk about. 

They also play USC and Stanford. I don't mind the 4 team playoff I'd just like the committee to make up it's mind on what's important and what's not

37 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Seriously, Auburn and Alabama could both beat Wisconsin and you know it. 

Could being the key word.. .. but we don't know it. If Alabama had beat Auburn and played UGA then maybe UGA beats Alabama or maybe Alabama beats UGa.. dealing in a lot of could and maybes there. 

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

I never said Auburn didn't play neutral site games.. we have and we do.. we also go to Clemson and play.. I was asking the last time that Alabama went out of conference and played a top ten team at that teams house? has nothing to do with knowing Saban?? 

None under Saban but I kinda like going to Atlanta, Dallas or where ever for the first game of the year. 

None under Saban but I kinda like going to Atlanta, Dallas or where ever for the first game of the year. 

NONE? are you serious? A talking head somewhere was saying that Saban manipulates his schedule so that he always plays non conference games against ranked teams at a neutral site and wouldn't go to their place.. I swear I thought that guy was on something.. but I now understand what he was talking about.. WOW

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

NONE? are you serious? A talking head somewhere was saying that Saban manipulates his schedule so that he always plays non conference games against ranked teams at a neutral site and wouldn't go to their place.. I swear I thought that guy was on something.. but I now understand what he was talking about.. WOW

What difference does it make? There is not a distinctive advantage either way. If anything it is fair to both teams. 

1 minute ago, E'Town4Bama said:

I think the point that's trying to be made is Alabama doesn't risk playing out of conference teams in their house like other teams do. It's one thing to play VT or FSU on a neutral field but it's totally different in Blacksburg or Tallahassee.

1 minute ago, CAReeves2010 said:

I think the point that's trying to be made is Alabama doesn't risk playing out of conference teams in their house like other teams do. It's one thing to play VT or FSU on a neutral field but it's totally different in Blacksburg or Tallahassee.

I agree but it is also a smart thing to do. BTW, a lot of teams are starting to do it. 

What difference does it make? There is not a distinctive advantage either way. If anything it is fair to both teams. 

It makes no difference to me what so ever.. I heard a talking head make the statement about Saban manipulating his schedules, thought the guy was on crack.. asked you a simple question (because I didn't want to look it up) and you went off into left field about playing teams at neutral sites blah blah blah.. 

6 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

I agree but it is also a smart thing to do. BTW, a lot of teams are starting to do it. 

Money is driving the trend but you'd think it'd be smarter to play those games on campus to bring in the extra money. Plus it also shows the CF world you're not afraid to play in a true big road game. After all it got OSU in last year

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

It makes no difference to me what so ever.. I heard a talking head make the statement about Saban manipulating his schedules, thought the guy was on crack.. asked you a simple question (because I didn't want to look it up) and you went off into left field about playing teams at neutral sites blah blah blah.. 

How does he manipulate bama's schedule? 

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

Money is driving the trend but you'd think it'd be smarter to play those games on campus to bring in the extra money

I think Bama makes plenty of money but I guess more would be better. Makes no dif to me. 

How does he manipulate bama's schedule? 

They were saying: He doesn't take his team to the other teams house out of conference... He will only play at a neutral site. Where as other teams go on the road and play those teams.. Was talking about Bama hasn't been tested with a top ten team out of conference on the road at that teams house because he refuses to do it. 

If the committee went by the criteria they said they went by, shouldn’t they have selected UCF over bama? They had more wins over teams in the top 25, ZERO losses, and a CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP.

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

If the committee went by the criteria they said they went by, shouldn’t they have selected UCF over bama? They had more wins over teams in the top 25, ZERO losses, and a CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP.

We all know it's the P5 CFP they just won't say it.

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Yep.. total contradiction of their own criteria. 

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Auburn would beat UCF by 3 touchdowns. You can't be serious. 

The eye test isnt relevant in that case though. They did everything that was asked of them to be in except play in a P5 conference

I said if they went by their own criteria. It’s really not that hard to comprehend.

36 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

And the same thing is being said about Alabama’s wins.  The problem is they say CCGs matter, then they say they don’t matter.  Yet they did matter one way or another in this situation because auburn and Wisconsin were penalized having to play an extra game, and Alabama is rewarded for sitting at home and not having to play an extra game while they get one more week of rest, unlike the other playoff contenders who had to play and win their conference championship games.

i dont see any wins for wisconsin that are impressive. bama is in the SEC west so they at least have lsu and miss state. Does wisconsin have 2 wins that compare?

10 minutes ago, bigman334 said:

i dont see any wins for wisconsin that are impressive. bama is in the SEC west so they at least have lsu and miss state. Does wisconsin have 2 wins that compare?

Nope. OSU does though

11 minutes ago, bigman334 said:

Do you really think LSU and Miss State are quality wins this year?  Thats putting a lot of stock in a conference that is at its worst in years, half the league has coaching turnovers.   The SEC West is not better than everybody else every year.  Troy beat LSU. So you are saying Alabama should just be in because they are Alabama and play in the sec West?

26 minutes ago, bigman334 said:

And on another note, when you’re comparing wins, you do realize that only half the teams Alabama played in the regular season have a winning record?

Archived