College Football Playoffs Announcement

AUDynasty

Good conversation today people. Auburn has a heck of a resume. Beat the 3 and 4 teams and lost to the 1 and 3 teams. No one else can say that. Them young men played their butts off this year. I know y'all hope Bama loses but I really hope y'all beat the brakes off UCF so the debate can end about how good they really might be. Happy holidays to all!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Do you really think LSU and Miss State are quality wins this year?  Thats putting a lot of stock in a conference that is at its worst in years, half the league has coaching turnovers.   The SEC West is not better than everybody else every year.  Troy beat LSU. So you are saying Alabama should just be in because they are Alabama and play in the sec West?

i'm talking about wisconsin. can you honestly look at their schedule and say with a straight face "i know they are a good team"?

College football is a political system. The "playoffs" are a bigger farce than the BCS was. It's all about putting in the name teams and getting the best TV matchups. The conference "championships" are about as meaningful as an Egg Bowl trophy. But oh yeah, we need 8 teams. Right. 

wisconsin played

utah st

fau

byu

northwestern

nebraska

purdue

marylan

illinois

indiana

iowa

michigan

minnesota

ohio state

nobody can convince me that wisonsin has ever been a top 4 team. I have no idea based off that schedule

4 minutes ago, bigman334 said:

i'm talking about wisconsin. can you honestly look at their schedule and say with a straight face "i know they are a good team"?

I can say this, none of what we are talking about matters about Wisconsin, because Wisconsin had to play an extra game (because they won their division) and lost to an Ohio State team, that I also think has a better resume than Alabama.  So whether you “think” or “feel”  Wisconsin or Ohio State or whoever is more inferior team than Alabama,  the criteria is not supposed to be based on feelings and what ifs or past reputation.   imo the committee got it wrong by putting Alabama in.

2 hours ago, ltlgas321 said:

But it's so much easier to be the "bammer of the east."  Their toughest game every year is AU. 

I believe they are a good team, but they would not be able to run roughshod through the West like they do in the east. They would have injuries piled up just like us (and the turds for that matter). Just a completely different situation. 

I don’t disagree with you. You are right. The path is easier for Georgia. So they will have bammer talent and only play one hard game a year? Going to be hard to keep them from making the playoff if that’s the situation.

I do think Mullen will have Florida great again in a couple years.

11 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I don’t disagree with you. You are right. The path is easier for Georgia. So they will have bammer talent and only play one hard game a year? Going to be hard to keep them from making the playoff if that’s the situation.

I do think Mullen will have Florida great again in a couple years.

Let's hope UF can get back to normal. 

UGA can't beat decen UF teams on the regular. 

4 hours ago, WeagleAU said:

Clemson - Oklahoma.  I think they are the two best teams in the country right now.

You hit the nail on the head. I watched the Oklahoma/TCU game and Baker Mayfield was unbelievably accurate. He will be in NY to claim his prize shortly. The playoff committee is a joke. We need to go to a 8 team playoff. Winning or losing one game should not be the criteria to get into or out of  the playoff. If a team can survive a 8 team playoff then they truly deserve to be the champion. JMO

WDE

33 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

I can say this, none of what we are talking about matters about Wisconsin, because Wisconsin had to play an extra game (because they won their division) and lost to an Ohio State team, that I also think has a better resume than Alabama.  So whether you “think” or “feel”  Wisconsin or Ohio State or whoever is more inferior team than Alabama,  the criteria is not supposed to be based on feelings and what ifs or past reputation.   imo the committee got it wrong by putting Alabama in.

Wisconsin was ahead of a 1 loss Alabama because they were undefeated, now that things are equal since Wisconsin has 1 loss now, Alabama is put ahead of Wisconsin. 

Ohio State wasn't even in the Top 10 a few weeks ago and because they barely beat a Wisconsin team that hasn't beaten a top 25 opponent, you want to jump a 2 loss Ohio State ahead of a 1 loss Alabama.

Auburn made statements when they beat #1 UGA 40-17 and beat #1 Alabama 26-14. 

The top 3 teams in the playoffs made statements yesterday by winning their conference championships by 20+ points.

Clemson beat Miami 38-3

Oklahoma beat TCU 41-17

UGA beat us 28-7

Ohio State didn't make a statement by barely beating a Wisconsin team who hasn't beaten a current top 25 opponent.

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Wisconsin was ahead of a 1 loss Alabama because they were undefeated, now that things are equal since Wisconsin has 1 loss now, Alabama is put ahead of Wisconsin. 

Ohio State wasn't even in the Top 10 a few weeks ago and because they barely beat a Wisconsin team that hasn't beaten a top 25 opponent, you want to jump a 2 loss Ohio State ahead of a 1 loss Alabama.

Auburn made statements when they beat #1 UGA 40-17 and beat #1 Alabama 26-14. 

The top 3 teams in the playoffs made statements yesterday by winning their conference championships by 20+ points.

Clemson beat Miami 38-3

Oklahoma beat TCU 41-17

UGA beat us 28-7

Ohio State didn't make a statement by barely beating a Wisconsin team who hasn't beaten a current top 25 opponent.

Then why did the committee have Wis.ranked so high in the first place??? Look at their last top10 ranking,Osu has beat two teams in that list. Guess my question is the committee doesn't believe their own ranking??

2 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Excellent read!!

That’s far different from Alabama, which was outside the top four last week after its loss to Auburn in a game that decided the SEC West title. The Tide went from outside the playoff at 11-1 to in it by doing nothing. Based on that precedent, Wisconsin and Auburn would have been better off not showing up at all Saturday.”

Ain’t that the truth?

Playoffs are a joke.

I completely agree with the "brand name" picking. Alabama fans will travel well to New Orleans. Just like when they got in against LSU instead of Oklahoma State a few years ago. Like that year I will be tuning out, though I really only watch Alabama when they play Auburn.

I've been a supporter of winning your conference to go for a very long time. Grew up playing highly competitive travel soccer which meant a ton of tournaments. You start in a division, you win that division, you move on. You don't win the division there are no excuses, you are done..... even if you are the best team in it.

Funny thing is the conference championship games are now a negative factor to teams in the hunt. Better to be on the bubble and let the championship contenders eliminate one another so you get in.

1 minute ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Playoffs are a joke.

I completely agree with the "brand name" picking. Alabama fans will travel well to New Orleans. Just like when they got in against LSU instead of Oklahoma State a few years ago. Like that year I will be tuning out, though I really only watch Alabama when they play Auburn.

I've been a supporter of winning your conference to go for a very long time. Grew up playing highly competitive travel soccer which meant a ton of tournaments. You start in a division, you win that division, you move on. You don't win the division there are no excuses, you are done..... even if you are the best team in it.

Funny thing is the conference championship games are now a negative factor to teams in the hunt. Better to be on the bubble and let the championship contenders eliminate one another so you get in.

The PTBs making the decisions can use that either way.....a couple years ago the Big12 was left out because it did not have a conference championship game.....so they added one which in their league almost always means a re-match.   Fortunately for Oklahoma they beat TCU twice or else they would be left out too. ....and as noted, might have been better off not playing that game at all. 

1 hour ago, Southwest said:

Then why did the committee have Wis.ranked so high in the first place??? Look at their last top10 ranking,Osu has beat two teams in that list. Guess my question is the committee doesn't believe their own ranking??

They weren't ranked that high. They had them at #4 behind two 1 loss teams and a 2 loss Auburn team. Clemson and Oklahoma are where they are because they have a lot of quality wins. Despite both teams having  one loss, their resume's are really good and they've proven how good they are by beating multiple ranked teams.

Wisconsin hasn't beaten a current top 25 team. Their best win is against 8-4 Michigan.

Alabama was ranked #1 when Auburn played them. Why did people think Alabama was #1 but then after they lose to Auburn question their strength of schedule. If they didn't think Alabama was that good, then they should have kept them at #3 or #4 like they did with Wisconsin.

Alabama got in because they've been the most consistent team this season. Clemson lost to Syracuse, Oklahoma lost to Iowa State, Ohio State lost to Iowa, Miami lost to Pittsburgh........ Alabama had the best loss of all the 1 loss teams. 

If Ohio State only had 1 loss they would have gotten in. I think Ohio State also might have gotten in had they beat Wisconsin by 20+ points and made a statement like they did in 2014 when they beat Wisconsin 59-0.

23 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Welp, it looks as if the meltdown at lsu ended up biting Auburn in the ass. It cost Auburn a spot in the playoff.

Was thinking of this. We'd be #1 entering the conference champ game, and I think we'd drop to #4 and still get in the playoffs regardless the loss.

We had our destiny in our own hands, but it's hard not to feel like an injustice was done, given that we beat Bama and UGA. Not too excited about our bowl game, either. Could be worse, though. We could be Ohio State and get left out after winning.

I have absolutely no problem with UGA being in. 

Bama is a bit of a joke, although I do think they're a really good team.

Probably the fact that Oklahoma stomped Ohio State factored in; but it shouldn't have (at least not enough to let Bama in). We stomped UGA, after all.

Wish we and Wisky had won. Bet the Committee does, too.

Hard to be much more in the mix than playing 3 of the 4 and beating two of them, though.

Sports will always be unfair because... well take Wisconsin... they got penalized because other teams aren't good enough. It took an extra game for them not to go undefeated and got penalized because the teams they played suck. I mean... what are they supposed to do, schedule Oklahoma and Clemson every year to sub in the s***ty Big 10 teams they have to play? Those mighty wins UGA had against UF, UT, UK, etc are just as awful as the others. I would be willing to bet every team but UGA in the East would lose to Wisconsin, Michigan State, Penn State, Northwestern, and others.

10 hours ago, WeagleAU said:

Ok, and if Wisconsin didn’t have a championship game to play and sat at home like Alabama, then Wisconsin would be going to the playoffs.  They were undefeated and had better wins then Alabama during the regular season.

Wtf

2 hours ago, AUbritt said:

We had our destiny in our own hands, but it's hard not to feel like an injustice was done, given that we beat Bama and UGA. Not too excited about our bowl game, either. Could be worse, though. We could be Ohio State and get left out after winning.

I have absolutely no problem with UGA being in. 

Bama is a bit of a joke, although I do think they're a really good team.

Probably the fact that Oklahoma stomped Ohio State factored in; but it shouldn't have (at least not enough to let Bama in). We stomped UGA, after all.

Wish we and Wisky had won. Bet the Committee does, too.

Hard to be much more in the mix than playing 3 of the 4 and beating two of them, though.

Are they good or not? Weird comment. Really good but a joke. Sorry, don't get it. 

11 hours ago, AuMarine said:

Yes explain how... 

Take every opponent from Wisconsin schedule and look at those teams schedule with W/L. 

Alabama's resume is better. 

If Bama lost by 31 points to aTm and 12 to AU but beat UGA in conference championship And OSU Lost only once but didn't win the conference.  Who should go to the playoffs? 

It's easy, the team who didn't lose by 31 points.

Archived