College Football Playoffs Announcement

AUDynasty

Just to keep the “what if game going”, the bigger question would have been if Auburn hadn’t have lost to LSU would they have put Auburn in over Bama with two loses?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/3/2017 at 2:05 PM, tigerfangs said:

Bammer loses the last game, sits at home and it means nothing. Unbelievable. Why should UGA and AU have to play for a winner takes all, loser goes home when the team that's already at home gets the express ticket. 

AU should've stayed home and bama UGA play. Winner gets 2nd place. AU had already won the SEC.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda, if's, and's, but's.............It is what it is folks.    I'm over the "if's" -

I'm happy with the way the team and more importantly the coaches gelled at the end of the season.  I'm proud of the hard work these players put in, ready to go back to ATL and watch this team destroy their opponent.

On 12/5/2017 at 10:05 PM, Texan4Auburn said:

If Auburn got to sit at home instead of going to the SECG they would of put a 2 loss team in. It would of been Clemson, Auburn, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.

If the regular season really did mean that much then a team that went 2-1 vs 3 of what are considered the "top 4" in the country would be in while a team that went 0-1 would be at home.

If so consistent with the regular season then why was a premium put on championship games in 2014 in regards to Baylor and TCU? Imagine if the Big 12 was punished in 2014 for no Championship game and then punished for having a Championship game if OU would of lost to TCU.

Alabama in New Orleans is a brand name move involving money. Just like when they were given the nod over Oklahoma State to play LSU again following the whole we can't have a Michigan/Ohio State rematch argument.

Expanding the playoffs will do nothing but make more regular season games mean nothing. Look at your own fan base, the majority of them are running around stating the Iron Bowl had no meaning.

I respectfully disagree with you. I personally believe the conference champion of the P5 conferences should be in a playoff. 5 is an odd number so you would still need 3 more teams to fill out an 8 team playoff. It is very possible Au and Bama would still have gotten in and 8 teams out of 128 means the regular season does matter. That would be one extra game for the playoff teams. I also think FBS should go back to 11 games and all conferences play the same amount of conference games. You would still have human opinion on the 3 wildcard teams but at least 5 would be automatic. 

4 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

I respectfully disagree with you. I personally believe the conference champion of the P5 conferences should be in a playoff. 5 is an odd number so you would still need 3 more teams to fill out an 8 team playoff. It is very possible Au and Bama would still have gotten in and 8 teams out of 128 means the regular season does matter. That would be one extra game for the playoff teams. I also think FBS should go back to 11 games and all conferences play the same amount of conference games. You would still have human opinion on the 3 wildcard teams but at least 5 would be automatic. 

Still have the same problem with human consideration and favoritism with your wild cards. If Auburn and Alabama do not win their conference then they shouldn't be in.

Conference Champions only is how it should work. OU took heat for it when they lost to K State. It was considered bad and wrong when Alabama went over Oklahoma State. It was used against TCU and Baylor to keep them out. Complained about with Ohio State last year.

Notre Dame needs to suck it up and join a conference also. No ND loopholes.

On 12/8/2017 at 12:34 PM, Texan4Auburn said:

Still have the same problem with human consideration and favoritism with your wild cards. If Auburn and Alabama do not win their conference then they shouldn't be in.

Conference Champions only is how it should work. OU took heat for it when they lost to K State. It was considered bad and wrong when Alabama went over Oklahoma State. It was used against TCU and Baylor to keep them out. Complained about with Ohio State last year.

Notre Dame needs to suck it up and join a conference also. No ND loopholes.

Fine with me but remember they're 10 conferences in FBS football. Every conference is not equal but all programs have to play by the same rule book. The NCAA gives a trophy to every other sport except FBS football because there is no true playoff or tournament to decide the champ. Maybe it is time for a change.  

It is a testament to the SEC that the 3rd place team made it in.......

Archived