Malzahn wants to be loved/paid

AU-24

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope he learns to spread the ball around at the Benz. Deserves the job absolutely. He doesn’t cheat... Pay the man ? If we keep all coaches, I look forward to the team jelling over the summer with Stidham. ?

2 hours ago, Altima said:

here’s the deal... if gus truly is “frustrated” by the “up and down” reception he’s gets at auburn, then he needs to give something more than the “up’s and down’s”...

he’s been:

11-1 (up)

8-4 (down)

6-6 (way down)

8-4 (down)

10-3 (up)

so it looks to me that the “up and down” reception he get’s falls soley at his feet! put out a winner every year, we’ll love you forever... give us the “up’s and down’s”, you’ll get an up and down reception.

it’s simple really...

I normally would say 8-4 is up but Gus's 8-4 seasons were extremely ugly 

So I guess the whole 5 hour window thingy to accept the Arkansas job was misreported. I hope for the sake of the players and program, whatever the outcome, it’s sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

Its not about the losing.  Its how we lose.  Gus has EARNED every criticism he has received.  Taking 4 games to figure out your identity every friggin' year, taking all four quarters to finally eek by the weak arse teams we play like Mercer, the inability to make any kind of in game adjustments whatsoever, making the same mistakes over and over again like going conservative against LSU, and personnel decisions that take scared and untrustworthy to different levels.  Gus is a scheme runner.  I don't know any better way to say it.  Not being ugly but calling him a football coach is a stretch.  Gus starts every game with his players and his gameplan.  If either falter he has absolutely no answer.  Either he can trick teams with his hocus pocus or he can't.  He won't even gameplan for his horse being down to two good legs.  In two years we have had critical games at the end of the year with injuries at QB and RB and Gus opted to gameplan with the injured player.  Its because he is either a paranoid non trusting coach or he does not know how to do anything differently.  No matter who we play its the exact same play calls every single game.  He sprinkles in a few trick plays to try against UGA and Bama every year.  A good coach worth 7 mill a year could take our talent and change up the play calling to beat Thuga last night.  What did Gus do.......He did the exact, THE EXACT, same thing we did in the first game with a RB he knew was not 75%.  Who plays a team twice in three weeks and thinks the exact same gameplan will work when your star of the first game is hurting???????  Only Gus.

Out of all the posts yours hit the mark and nothing you said I can disagree with. I'm to the point where what happens happens. If he goes take that Saban type money and go get a top notch coach, that kind of money could lure some big coaches away from other teams

4 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

So I guess the whole 5 hour window thingy to accept the Arkansas job was misreported. I hope for the sake of the players and program, whatever the outcome, it’s sooner rather than later. 

The notion that Arky would issue a timeline ultimatum is actually the most laughable thing I've heard all weekend.

2 minutes ago, Tiger4life25 said:

Out of all the posts yours hit the mark and nothing you said I can disagree with. I'm to the point where what happens happens. If he goes take that Saban type money and go get a top notch coach, that kind of money could lure some big coaches away from other teams

Especially with our returning roster. 

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Gus won SEC West, beat two biggest rivals, finished in top ten regular season, New Years Six Bowl likely, top ten recruiting likely!!!! Stop moving the goalposts back, fickle, fair weather fans ! He did most everything posters said he needed to do to be our coach next year. Give him a contract and let’s stop the fire Gus crapola!

He' got a contract. How about he live up to it and stop this BS every year of extension and raise. Consistently perform and earn your money.  If a long term contract isn't good enough for him maybe they should put him on a performance based where he' evaluated every year. 

You guys want to call people with higher expectations whinners but you're doing the same thing in his favor. Ignore button might be your friend this time of year. 

One thing I'll concede in this discussion. I'm openly not pleased with Gus and I don't think he's a long term solution. I don't think he'll ever win a championship game again in his life. He chokes.

However, the current pool of coaches that we could REALISTICALLY get is very shallow. My wife is a Gator fan so a number of weeks ago I started looking into realistic options of a coach for an SEC team. The best I could see would have been a gamble with Chip Kelly who doesn't want to come play against the big boys, or a gamble on Scott Frost who is as "proven" as Gus was coming into Auburn. He's a gamble no matter how much you like him.

Our best option might have been Jimbo but that is possibly a lateral move from Gus.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

One thing I'll concede in this discussion. I'm openly not pleased with Gus and I don't think he's a long term solution. I don't think he'll ever win a championship game again in his life. He chokes.

However, the current pool of coaches that we could REALISTICALLY get is very shallow. My wife is a Gator fan so a number of weeks ago I started looking into realistic options of a coach for an SEC team. The best I could see would have been a gamble with Chip Kelly who doesn't want to come play against the big boys, or a gamble on Scott Frost who is as "proven" as Gus was coming into Auburn. He's a gamble no matter how much you like him.

Our best option might have been Jimbo but that is possibly a lateral move from Gus.

If we agree to a raise and extension, you're looking at 4 more years before AU even thinks about a coach change.  That's an awful lot of choking to stomach.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

Its not about the losing.  Its how we lose.  Gus has EARNED every criticism he has received.  Taking 4 games to figure out your identity every friggin' year, taking all four quarters to finally eek by the weak arse teams we play like Mercer, the inability to make any kind of in game adjustments whatsoever, making the same mistakes over and over again like going conservative against LSU, and personnel decisions that take scared and untrustworthy to different levels.  Gus is a scheme runner.  I don't know any better way to say it.  Not being ugly but calling him a football coach is a stretch.  Gus starts every game with his players and his gameplan.  If either falter he has absolutely no answer.  Either he can trick teams with his hocus pocus or he can't.  He won't even gameplan for his horse being down to two good legs.  In two years we have had critical games at the end of the year with injuries at QB and RB and Gus opted to gameplan with the injured player.  Its because he is either a paranoid non trusting coach or he does not know how to do anything differently.  No matter who we play its the exact same play calls every single game.  He sprinkles in a few trick plays to try against UGA and Bama every year.  A good coach worth 7 mill a year could take our talent and change up the play calling to beat Thuga last night.  What did Gus do.......He did the exact, THE EXACT, same thing we did in the first game with a RB he knew was not 75%.  Who plays a team twice in three weeks and thinks the exact same gameplan will work when your star of the first game is hurting???????  Only Gus.

^^^This guy gets it! 

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Is there any chance James franklin would leave Penn State I would think not but a Jimbo type deal might make him think about it

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Does it mean anything that he’s out doing home visits and recruiting for auburn today as far as whether he stays or goes? 

no. I mean jimbo was doing his radio show 2 days before he left.

4 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Does it mean anything that he’s out doing home visits and recruiting for auburn today as far as whether he stays or goes? 

I say yes. It matters. Visiting Jerome Carvin

Screenshot_20171203-165800.png

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I say yes. It matters. Visiting Jerome Carvin

Screenshot_20171203-165800.png

he is visiting with the 2 coaches most likely to go back with him to arkansas! lol 

Archived