This is just the beginning

AuburnTiger4Life

After taking some time to decompress, I've had a little time to put more things in perspective. This is only the beginnng to what I think is going to be a great Auburn team for years to come. I do think we'll be even better next year even if KJ and JS leaves and regardless of who our coach is. We have so much young talent with even more coming in. No more 2012, I expect to see us competing for the SEC championship for quite some time. We WILL be back and we're taking no prisoners next year. WAR DAMN EAGLE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AidiAU said:

We will? Word is KP is declaring. 

I am surprised. He has little playing time this year and a serious injury. He would have to have a lights-out combine to get drafted. He would likely end up an undrafted free agent. But it worked out for Peyton Barber.

Regardless who our coach is? Who do you think put this team and this coaching staff together? Our kids deserve consistency, not a new staff every few years.  I want Steele and Lindsey to stay and I also want the man who brought them here to stay. I agree with everything else you said.  

41 minutes ago, meh130 said:

I am surprised. He has little playing time this year and a serious injury. He would have to have a lights-out combine to get drafted. He would likely end up an undrafted free agent. But it worked out for Peyton Barber.

I was surprised too. I’m not sure how true it is (it has been mentioned here though).  If he, KJ, and JS returned next year.....oh my! 

40 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Regardless who our coach is? Who do you think put this team and this coaching staff together? Our kids deserve consistency, not a new staff every few years.  I want Steele and Lindsey to stay and I also want the man who brought them here to stay. I agree with everything else you said.  

I’m with you . Consistency is what we need. 

44 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Unless our entire staff leaves we will be fine. We have a lot of young talent and should have another great class coming in. I think Nick Coe can be better than Jeff Holland 

Almost positive Jarrett will be staying. He's a good QB, but he's not nearly ready enough for the NFL. There's a lot he still needs to improve before making the jump to the league. If he's as much of a competitor as he seems to be, he'll come back to handle unfinished business. I can see KJ going either way. I wouldn't blame him if he leaves for the NFL.

7 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

KP declaring has everything to do with his daughter. Similar situation to Barber. Not the ideal time but they have family considerations.

I'll never fault a guy for bettering himself for his family. Good luck.

37 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

I see several players transferring....specifically RB and possibly QB.

Got any names to put with that statement. I would really like to know cause I believe your nuts

50 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

I see several players transferring....specifically RB and possibly QB.

Sphincter says what?

9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Got any names to put with that statement. I would really like to know cause I believe your nuts

True...but most years that happens and the last meaningful player who left AU was Roc Thomas.  Otherwise when al.com puts out that piece on what AU transfers are doing at other schools, I'm not surprised to see that most are bit players at lower level schools...which kind of confirms that they would not be playing at AU had they stayed. .  

I believe that every kid that signs with AU is given a fair chance to prove he can play SEC football.   And of course, all of them are not capable for a variety of reasons and the best thing for them is to find a place where they fit the program.

Transfers will happen but the next important player to transfer from AU will be the first one in a long time.  

Trying to see what this is the beginning of.  At the moment I see a lot of question marks at RB and OL, UAT winning another natty after paying their way into the playoffs, Kirby locking down the recruiting in Ga, and Auburn getting shaft on schedules while UAT skates through.  

This was a great season.  Then today happened and kicked it right in the jimmy.  

4 hours ago, AidiAU said:

We will? Word is KP is declaring. 

I've heard that KP has been dealing with some issues behind the scenes and not to expect him to play again. 

19 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I've heard that KP has been dealing with some issues behind the scenes and not to expect him to play again. 

Same - but I don’t see how Gus could keep him to allow him to declare, but dismiss Kyle Davis and Sean White.

Archived