This is just the beginning

AuburnTiger4Life

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, au_bsci_04 said:

KP declaring has everything to do with his daughter. Similar situation to Barber. Not the ideal time but they have family considerations.

KP is also married, if I'm not mistaken. If he leaves, I think it'll be purely for financial reasons. I wish him and his beautiful family all the best. I'm rooting for him and hope he has a bright and successful NFL career.

KP won’t make any money (in the NFL) if he leaves this year.  RB’s are a dime a dozen and he will not be drafted.   If he is looking to move on in a then ok, go for it but he shouldn’t be expecting to get drafted.  

5 hours ago, AidiAU said:

I was surprised too. I’m not sure how true it is (it has been mentioned here though).  If he, KJ, and JS returned next year.....oh my! 

I read KP was close to leaving last year. He was a RS Sophomore, so he was eligible. He has a wife and kid. So in that case, if he thinks he can make a roster, he should go for it.

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Got any names to put with that statement. I would really like to know cause I believe your nuts

I just think with KJ back, knowing how Gus coaches, we'll likely see Martin or Miller or Barrett transfer. With Gatewood coming in and Stidham here possibly two more years we may see Willis transfer. I'm not nuts that is just my opinion. I hope we keep everyone but it is not likely. 

2 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

I just think with KJ back, knowing how Gus coaches, we'll likely see Martin or Miller or Barrett transfer. With Gatewood coming in and Stidham here possibly two more years we may see Willis transfer. I'm not nuts that is just my opinion. I hope we keep everyone but it is not likely. 

Martin ain't going anywhere IMO,  neither is Miller. And I'm not totally sure exactly what we have in Gatewood. Sure he's a phenomenal athlete,  but if I remember correctly from reading posts here, his passing isn't exactly great. 

3 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

Which is a shame.  Kam Martin is so good and Barrett also did well when he got playing time.  Gus absolutely ran KJ into the ground at times this season. Terrible management of our RBs.  We have the depth that uat has but don't manage them near as well as they do. 

2 hours ago, lala said:

KP won’t make any money (in the NFL) if he leaves this year.  RB’s are a dime a dozen and he will not be drafted.   If he is looking to move on in a then ok, go for it but he shouldn’t be expecting to get drafted.  

If he goes undrafted he can still make money. 

6 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Martin ain't going anywhere IMO,  neither is Miller. And I'm not totally sure exactly what we have in Gatewood. Sure he's a phenomenal athlete,  but if I remember correctly from reading posts here, his passing isn't exactly great. 

Why would any RB stay if KJ is in front of them. Gus has shown that he will wear out his starter rather than developing depth. 

Just now, Apraser99 said:

Why would any RB stay if KJ is in front of them. Gus has shown that he will wear out his starter rather than developing depth. 

Unfortunately this is 100% accurate and is part of Gus' stupid-genius plan. 

11 hours ago, AidiAU said:

We will? Word is KP is declaring. 

If the "rumors about Pettway being some kind of off field issue" statements (I highly doubt they do) have some validity, that might explain his reasoning. If that isnt the case, you have to have a staggering lack of belief in the offensive capabilities at your program to leave while playing like 3 games in a 14 game season lol. I wouldnt doubt that lack of belief exists btw 

3 hours ago, leglessdan said:

I dont know why passing matters when determining can he work here. Is he a transcendent running player? Can he avoid fumbling? Can he hit a tunnel screen? Can he throw a 45 yard pass? He can start at QB for Auburn day 1 

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I dont know why passing matters when determining can he work here. Is he a transcendent running player? Can he avoid fumbling? Can he hit a tunnel screen? Can he throw a 45 yard pass? He can start at QB for Auburn day 1 

I respectfully disagree. Unless we want to continue the same trend. Relying on one back and do let a run heavy offense. I for one want a more serious legitimate passing attack. 

Eh i think maybe we’re overreacting to the KJ thing. Looking at last years stats KP went 209/1240 and kj went 182/919. Thats pretty similar to chubb and michel at UGA this year. 

That said, im not entirely certain why we didnt see other RBs get more carries. Imguessing it was a combo of pass block, play knowledge, and situational. 

1 hour ago, Auhud08 said:

Eh i think maybe we’re overreacting to the KJ thing. Looking at last years stats KP went 209/1240 and kj went 182/919. Thats pretty similar to chubb and michel at UGA this year. 

That said, im not entirely certain why we didnt see other RBs get more carries. Imguessing it was a combo of pass block, play knowledge, and situational. 

Last year was evenly split because KJ and KP were only simultaneously healthy for the first few games. It was either one or the other for most of the season.

And we had the same result last year as this year: leaning on a less-than-100% KJ late in the season instead of our young guys. (Last season, Gus was a little more limited. Miller was out and KMart got dinged up against UGA, IIRC. But Truitt, who had proven to be capable, stayed on the shelf, we lost, and Truitt's gone.)

As for your 2nd paragraph, that's the thing. We didn't take enough opportunities throughout the season to work those guys into games so they could get better. Which leads to depending on hurt players late in the season. Particularly glaring given the injury history of RBs 1 and 2. 

On 12/3/2017 at 1:01 PM, AuburnTiger4Life said:

After taking some time to decompress, I've had a little time to put more things in perspective. This is only the beginnng to what I think is going to be a great Auburn team for years to come. I do think we'll be even better next year even if KJ and JS leaves and regardless of who our coach is. We have so much young talent with even more coming in. No more 2012, I expect to see us competing for the SEC championship for quite some time. We WILL be back and we're taking no prisoners next year. WAR DAMN EAGLE

With as much griping as I have done about Gus, I am really pretty pleased with how the season turned out.  It was a great run at the end!

But when it comes to building a program, we all need to keep in mind this point.

On 12/3/2017 at 7:02 PM, AUFlyer99 said:

Trying to see what this is the beginning of.  At the moment I see a lot of question marks at RB and OL, UAT winning another natty after paying their way into the playoffs, Kirby locking down the recruiting in Ga, and Auburn getting shaft on schedules while UAT skates through.  

This was a great season.  Then today happened and kicked it right in the jimmy.  

I see; you are just one of those jolly, the glass is always half full guys.

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I see; you are just one of those jolly, the glass is always half full guys.

10 wins is awesome (beating both rivals while they're ranked #1 is insane) and it was nothing short of excellent watching our team dominate most of our opponents.  Bama sneaking into the final four and having to listen to the sidewalk alum boast knocked a lot of the shine off of it though.  

I still wonder about some of the positions for next year, but that's part of what college football is about.  

13 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

10 wins is awesome (beating both rivals while they're ranked #1 is insane) and it was nothing short of excellent watching our team dominate most of our opponents.  Bama sneaking into the final four and having to listen to the sidewalk alum boast knocked a lot of the shine off of it though.  

I still wonder about some of the positions for next year, but that's part of what college football is about.  

What also knocked a lot of shine off of it was beating the thUGs for the first time in three years and only getting to enjoy it for 20 days.

Do you think Asa Martin will see significant playing time? I think I read where he's around 200 now. He could get up to 210-215 by next fall. Also, speaking of RB depth...don't forget about JaTarvious Whitlow. I think I remember there being hype about him before he got hurt

Archived