Men vs. George Mason

WarTiger

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn turnover...shot blocked by Okeke back down to Heron and he's fouled going to the basket.   Shooting 2 after the media timeout.

Harper with a THREE.  74-63.  Heron with a defensive rebound and he's fouled..   54.6 seconds to play.  Heron shooting 2.    timeout on the floor.

Harper at the top of the key again takes a contested 3pt attempt to beat the shot clock buzzer and he's fouled.   1st good.  2nd good.  3rd good.   79-63

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

we did not play smart basketball today at all....too many wannabe heros....looking for shots rather than assists

Uh, yeah they did. George Mason got very hot and had their runs. AU weathered every single one, never panicked, and got the lead back. A 16 point win is a good one over George Mason. 

Auburn recovered very well from the George Mason push early in the 2nd half but responds and wins 79-63.   Great win.  WAR EAGLE!!!!

Just now, jared52 said:

Uh, yeah they did. George Mason got very hot and had their runs. AU weathered every single one, never panicked, and got the lead back. A 16 point win is a good one over George Mason. 

I agree.  We played very well.   Responded well when things were clicking for George Mason and won by double digits.  I'll take that every game. 

19 minutes ago, jared52 said:

wrong, bad basketball, selfish play....i don't know what you call good basketball, but it does not take much to make you happy....poor ball movement, poor perimeter defense....disappointing on what had been some encouraging play

FYI BB UCF Knights 5-3 Dec 3, Final 65 - 62 Alabama Crimson Tide 6-2

Nice to come back and find that good victory...had to bail out when AU was blowing the lead and I think the score was 52-52 or something like that but sounds like some gutsy play the last 5 or 6 minutes to keep or extend the lead.   Thanks for the PBP for me to review .... 

Comments about some selfish play were bothersome since earlier games sounded like better team play but when the guards are pumping up 3s over and over we gotta hope they are on their game because likely we are not going to get many of the rebounds. 

Good win to have...

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nice to come back and find that good victory...had to bail out when AU was blowing the lead and I think the score was 52-52 or something like that but sounds like some gutsy play the last 5 or 6 minutes to keep or extend the lead.   Thanks for the PBP for me to review .... 

Comments about some selfish play were bothersome since earlier games sounded like better team play but when the guards are pumping up 3s over and over we gotta hope they are on their game because likely we are not going to get many of the rebounds. 

Good win to have...

Those comments are rediculous. AU moves the ball quite well and got good shots. There were a few too many turnovers, and GM had a guy who hasn’t hit a 3 all year get hot. AU out rebounded them by 14 and Dunbar, Murray, and Mitchell all played well. Defense turned it on when GM got it tied up and caused several turnovers and AU never looked back. 

I don’t know what people expect with Danjel and Wiley still on the bench, but the rest of the team has played well without them. 

Archived