Men vs. George Mason

WarTiger

6 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Those comments are rediculous. AU moves the ball quite well and got good shots. There were a few too many turnovers, and GM had a guy who hasn’t hit a 3 all year get hot. AU out rebounded them by 14 and Dunbar, Murray, and Mitchell all played well. Defense turned it on when GM got it tied up and caused several turnovers and AU never looked back. 

I don’t know what people expect with Danjel and Wiley still on the bench, but the rest of the team has played well without them. 

I should have given more consideration to the source....rarely anything objective or positive under that poster...

Thanks...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job by the team to fight back after giving up the big lead. GM got hot and we had some bad possessions there for a bit. Threes weren't falling for most the second half but team still worked hard and found ways to score. Offensive rebounding seems much better this year. Hope we can keep it up when we play some teams with more size. 

GM hit either 7 or 9 straight shots when they took the brief lead.  3 or 4 were 3’s and as mentioned some of those shots from a guy that hasn’t hit one this year.

Another odd thing ... GM seemed to get more of the lucky oddball bounces.  We’d have a good defensive play but the ball bounced awkwardly to the GM for the open shot.  I bet they got 5-6 more of those than we did.

i thought we played fine.  Lost focus and intensity for a bit but got it back.  Like last game ... that is the type of comeback we lost last year.  We found a way to win by double digits and won most stats.  Everyone contributed.

Where were y'all getting this on the TV? I've got Dish and it just wasn't there. AU site said SEC network but they had an MSU women's game on. ?

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Where were y'all getting this on the TV? I've got Dish and it just wasn't there. AU site said SEC network but they had an MSU women's game on. ?

Not on TV. It was on the SEC Network Plus. Get yourself to Wally World and buy a Roku. 

Just now, Bigbens42 said:

Not on TV. It was on the SEC Network Plus. Get yourself to Wally World and buy a Roku. 

Thanks. Maybe I'll just stick to the radio, I like the announcers better. Also, what the hell is a Roku? If it's something that requires more than a 1-bar signal it won't work out here in the sticks anyway. :)

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Thanks. Maybe I'll just stick to the radio, I like the announcers better. Also, what the hell is a Roku? If it's something that requires more than a 1-bar signal it won't work out here in the sticks anyway. :)

SEC Network Plus games generally have Rod and Sonny announcing in my experience, Go fig.

A Roku is a streaming media player that plugs up to your TV. Handy as all get out. Watched a lot of our Women's soccer team this year thanks to it.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

I got it on watch ESPN. Had to have a cable service. Several where listed. I have xfinity and it allowed me to watch

Several of these buster pre-conference games are squirreled away on rando stations. Like CBS Sports network for the Auburn/Dayton game...really? Don't get that one! I do, however, get the SECN+ Alternate broadcasts with SlingTV and a Roku/streaming media player. I remember back just a few short years ago when only about 40% of AU bball games were televised. I'll take now over then!

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

Just stick with rabbit ears and tin foil Mikey. It's all good.;)

yep ... i watched the SEC+ channel on the watchESPN app and used chromecast to cast to my TV ... via my spectrum account.

about to pull the plug on cable.  purchased my HD antenna and going to see if Sling will cover most of my bases.  

12 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

yep ... i watched the SEC+ channel on the watchESPN app and used chromecast to cast to my TV ... via my spectrum account.

about to pull the plug on cable.  purchased my HD antenna and going to see if Sling will cover most of my bases.  

I do what you are doing but need the spectrum account to have legit access to those streaming channels.   I'm wondering if ESPNWatch will let you sign on with a non-cable reference?   Sports are the only reason I have cable....have a little HD outside antenna that drags in 30 or40 stations and all the networks with a great picture.  Could save over $100 a month if I could rid of Spectrum. 

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

I do what you are doing but need the spectrum account to have legit access to those streaming channels.   I'm wondering if ESPNWatch will let you sign on with a non-cable reference?   Sports are the only reason I have cable....have a little HD outside antenna that drags in 30 or40 stations and all the networks with a great picture.  Could save over $100 a month if I could rid of Spectrum. 

You should consider signing up for the SlingTV app.  You can get all the ESPN channels streaming on there, plus some other cable channels like AMC and History channel for about $25/month.. You can access it either via smartphone, computer, or streaming media player (Roku or Amazon Fire Stick).  It doesn't have the network channels (ABC, CBS, NBC), but those can be got for free with a good digital antenna (depending on where you live, it may need to be an outdoor antenna).  I have Sling via a Roku and an outdoor antenna and was able to watch every Auburn football game this season without having cable subscription.  The only downside for Sling is that you can only use it on one device at a time.  

I would suggest Playstation Vue over Sling. They don't have the low entry level price of sling, but that low price is for a reason. You can only choose either a couple ESPN channels or the other sports channels like FS1, NBCSN, etc. If you want both, you are paying the same or more than Vue. Plus PS Vue has local network channels ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS. You can get these with an antenna if you live close enough to a signal, but it's much easier to toggle back and forth between games when it's all in one app and not switching sources back and forth. Plus you can have multiple users that can set and record their own favorite shows and watch on multiple devices at the same time.

Archived