Teams punished for playing in Championship games

TigerOne

I know the ying-yangs who make CFP decisions don't give a rats a$$ what I think, but I, like alot of other people feel you have to win your conference championship. From there the PTB can have at it. Won't ever happen, not as long as Saban and his SUCK buddy Emmert are in the mix.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

And many of us are holding out hope that such losses will never again be necessary to shock our coach into using basic logic and reason to win games. 

There in lies a big question... can you practice in-game adjustments off season?

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

There in lies a big question... can you practice in-game adjustments off season?

There are plenty of coaches who, after failing 8 times  in a row doing the exact same thing, are fully prepared to try something else the next 8 times. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

There are plenty of coaches who, after failing 8 times  in a row doing the exact same thing, are fully prepared to try something else the next 8 times. 

Yea, but the problem we have it not trying something else the next game. We did that, and took down our two biggest rivals. We need to get good at trying something else in the middle of a game. 

I don't remember who said it earlier this season, but it was totally correct. Gus/Chip/Kevin develop a game plan and once the game has started, they stick to that plan come hell or high water. I've yet to see a significant shift on either side of the ball in a game where we are struggling. 

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yea, but the problem we have it not trying something else the next game. We did that, and took down our two biggest rivals. We need to get good at trying something else in the middle of a game. 

I don't remember who said it earlier this season, but it was totally correct. Gus/Chip/Kevin develop a game plan and once the game has started, they stick to that plan come hell or high water. I've yet to see a significant shift on either side of the ball in a game where we are struggling. 

We agree here. I dunno about you, but I feel pretty good about it.

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We agree here. I dunno about you, but I feel pretty good about it.

I feel good that they changed their strategy going forward, and saw the right results.

I'm still uneasy about the fact that I've never seen them fix anything mid-game. I would feel great if I knew they had figured that out. I can only imagine how good our D would be with Steele's initial game plan and Roof's ability to adjust. As for Gus/Chip, if we could lose the all-or-nothing game plans and have a few back-up plans, I think a lot fewer people would have issues with Gus.

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I feel good that they changed their strategy going forward, and saw the right results.

I'm still uneasy about the fact that I've never seen them fix anything mid-game. I would feel great if I knew they had figured that out. I can only imagine how good our D would be with Steele's initial game plan and Roof's ability to adjust. As for Gus/Chip, if we could lose the all-or-nothing game plans and have a few back-up plans, I think a lot fewer people would have issues with Gus.

Preaaaaaach

Did he subject of his thread change?    

Thought it was about the championship games.....and teams being penalized.

If so, just wanted to opine that the team with the worst reason for playing in a conference championship game was Oklahoma which seemed have nothing to gain and everything to lose.....in fact the Big 12 had nothing to gain other than $$$ from that game because of Okla had lost the conference would have been out of the playoffs. 

At this point....$$$ is the only reason for a conference to play a championship game.....basically nobody benefited from the championship games this year except the team that did not play in one....that being bama.

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

At this point....$$$ is the only reason for a conference to play a championship game.....basically nobody benefited from the championship games this year except the team that did not play in one....that being bama.

You could say that about 90% of the game, if you are just looking at the motivation of the people who decide what is going to happen, when. Cupcakes play for $$$. The number of games increase for $$$. Heck, the play-offs masquerade as a way to more fairly get a champion, but they are really just another big money grab. Anyone on the committee who denies that tv ratings and ticket sales aren't part of the equation as to who gets in is lying through their teeth.

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

I know the ying-yangs who make CFP decisions don't give a rats a$$ what I think, but I, like alot of other people feel you have to win your conference championship. From there the PTB can have at it. Won't ever happen, not as long as Saban and his SUCK buddy Emmert are in the mix.

Oh, and let me add suck buddies 2 and 3.

Brad Nessler and last but not least, gary, "please, don't ever leave me, Nick," danielson.

Archived