Report: Malzhan staying

Auctoritas

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WarDamnAirForce said:

Way too much money for a mediocre coach

Yeah, 2 years in the top 7 is as average as it gets. And who is not beating Saban and #1 teams these days? And every team in the SEC has been to Atlanta 2 of the last 5 years and has a national title appearance. What are we thinking? WDE???!!!

I’ve been on both sides of the spectrum with Gus, even coming here around 6 straight times in various posts to ask if he’s fired yet, and defending him during the JJ fiascos. 

All things considered, I think it’s time for the auburn family to embrace him completely and celebrate the awesome things he’s accomplished. The bottom line is, very few people could be successful with the schedule he’s given yearly. 

While the way we’ve lost has definitely been infuriating, I also believe he’s grown as a coach, is a hell of a recruiter, and there’s a lot to be excited about. 

I hope we get behind him. I for one will be. 

Well as long as we go 11-0, beating Georgia and then lose to bama ending the season 11-1, we can go to the playoffs. Now we just need to ease up our schedule a bit and we are golden.

BUT - I hope Gus realized he did not do this on his own and got significant raises for ALL his assistants!!!!

Well I think everyone knows it’s too much money and I hope they renegotiated the buy out but in the west stability is important and I hope we are on the cusp of multiple 10+ win seasons. Hope the light bulb has clicked for Gus. Hope we tear it up even more in recruiting and create the downfall of the turds. 

2 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

With Marcello's track record, I half expect to see news tonight that Gus will be introduced as Arky's new HC tomorrow afternoon. ;) 

I'm with you

6 minutes ago, WDE0007 said:

While I am glad he is staying, I just really don't think he warranted a $3 million raise. He beats his rivals once every 3-4 years. It's not even like he at least beats them once every other year at home. I understand he got the raise so that he doesn't leave for Arkansas, and I'm glad the team gets continuity. But I don't want to think he's getting overpaid for underperforming. Hoping he proves me wrong and beats his rivals on the road next year.

I don’t expect this to be $7M next year, but might be by the end of the new term.

If it’s the Gus of the last third of the season, I’m okay with it. 

While it probably is more than he is worth, I will give Leath credit. Arky was offering 50 million for 7 years and AU offered 35 million for 5 . That way if it doesn’t turn out well the buy out is better. 

3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Where's Danny Sheridan 

Checking his sources and facts with the bagman? :dunno:

Archived