Gus' first and most important job

NorthGATiger

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Get Holland, Carlton Davis, and any other eligible players to come back for another year.  This is very important.  No inside info but I see Davis and Holland leaving.

Maybe short term goal may be for key players to stay another year, however we must build depth, develop players, shore up identified weaknesses, and recruit, recruit, recruit.

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Best chance is to sit Carlton down and show how we can improve his skills to reduce his pass interference calls.  For Holland, it is as simple as showing him that next year we can make him a first round guy.  

Prepare to get berated for talking about Carlton Davis like that. I got hosed earlier for talking about him. 

11 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Prepare to get berated for talking about Carlton Davis like that. I got hosed earlier for talking about him. 

If he fixes that, he would be an early first rounder easy

19 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

with carlton being pulled in the last game im betting he leaves no matter what.  you cant be a 1st rounder if you're not playing

Who said he was pulled? I heard he had an injury, possibly a concussion.

26 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Boudreauxs_Butt_Paste.jpg

This might help.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Boudreauxs_Butt_Paste.jpg

This might help.

Looks like I'm not the only one that thinks we shouldn't build a Carlton statue outside of JHS like you apparently want. 

7 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Looks like I'm not the only one that thinks we shouldn't build a Carlton statue outside of JHS like you apparently want. 

Quote where I said I wanted a statue. 

The fact is, you think Carlton has regressed. That is absolutely an idiotic opinion. I stated that his technique, hands, leveraging, and knowledge of scheme is all considerably better.  But hey, what would I know about that position.

I wish he was a little more open talking about the team....I know a lot of people don't like Bret Bilemna, but it was neat to hear him every week on Sirus radio....it would be great to hear Gus on a regular basis....but probably won't get it...

1 minute ago, tigerman1186 said:

I wish he was a little more open talking about the team....I know a lot of people don't like Bret Bilemna, but it was neat to hear him every week on Sirus radio....it would be great to hear Gus on a regular basis....but probably won't get it...

Agree, there are about 1/2 dozen coaches who are regular contributors and it is interesting to get their perspective on college football in general , not just their own teams. 

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Quote where I said I wanted a statue. 

The fact is, you think Carlton has regressed. That is absolutely an idiotic opinion. I stated that his technique, hands, leveraging, and knowledge of scheme is all considerably better.  But hey, what would I know about that position.

Just seems like every time there's a PI call, it's on him.  And if you look at his stats like I said earlier, they aren't as good as his freshman year. As far as your last sentence, I don't know you from Adam, but were you a former cornerback? By the way, I feel like I'm on AL.com now since you've resorted to name calling...

1 minute ago, 1856 said:

Just seems like every time there's a PI call, it's on him.  And if you look at his stats like I said earlier, they aren't as good as his freshman year. As far as your last sentence, I don't know you from Adam, but were you a former cornerback? By the way, I feel like I'm on AL.com now since you've resorted to name calling...

The stat you don't see is the WR was covered up to the point a throw is never made in that direction. 

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

The stat you don't see is the WR was covered up to the point a throw is never made in that direction. 

Aware of that, but just don't remember him being called for PI as much his freshman year when they DID throw to the guy he was covering. 

2 minutes ago, 1856 said:

By the way, I feel like I'm on AL.com now since you've resorted to name calling...

Quote where I called you a name.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Quote where I called you a name.

Basically said I was an idiot.  Let's just drop it.  Don't want this to continue to turn into an AL.com comment section.  WDE. 

10 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Bird....is/was a secondary coach if remember correctly. 

9 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Basically said I was an idiot.  Let's just drop it.  Don't want this to continue to turn into an AL.com comment section.  WDE. 

LOL, you aren't going to last long around here if you thought that was basically calling you an idiot.

3 hours ago, meh130 said:

This. This should have been on AU's list of demands. Absolutely need a change here.

Do you think Auburn had a list of demands? 

2 hours ago, auskip07 said:

with carlton being pulled in the last game im betting he leaves no matter what.  you cant be a 1st rounder if you're not playing

Carlton was injured, he wasn't "pulled".

I wouldn’t mind Gus bringing on Hugh Freeze as an offensive consultant.  Hopefully wouldn’t be too many cooks in the kitchen.  Keep the cell phone on lock down.

I don't expect any of our defensive backfield to come back, they've all been tremendously banged up since being here. Again, a trend I've noticed here. Same thing applies to Kerryon. There's just no reason in my mind that after years of being banged up, and finally having a great year (while still struggling with injuries), that you come back and expect not to be injured again at some point. Especially for KJ. In my mind, we need another 4 star plus RB to commit aside from Asa Martin. I don't think Gus'll ever give Martin, Barnett, and Miller the respect they deserve as long as he has an "all around" running back ahead of them, and Asa and Pettway are likely that in Gus's mind. We need a De'Andre Swift behind those two. 

other than recruiting, finding an offensive line coach has to be done ASAP. Herb Hand might be a great recruiting in that regard, but this line looked the exact same they did yesterday that they did 13 weeks ago. You cant have relapses on the biggest stage, that just cant happen

after that, we gotta have an actual passing game man. I was surprised to see our play style worked against Bama, but tempo was everything. We cant make a non-uptempo throw pass the line of scrimmage in this offense. Hell, I dont know if we made one behind the line of scrimmage yesterday. Much like the OL, the passing game looked the exact same as the GSO game, Clemson game, Mercer game, etc and etc. Gus should be ashamed to have the same passing routes year after year 

Archived