Scarbinsky: LSU kept Auburn out

Farmer Brown

On 12/4/2017 at 11:50 AM, auburntiger1987 said:

LSU kept OSU out not AU. A 2 loss non champ would not get in over a Conference champ OSU or a 1 loss Bama.

Yep, a 2 loss Auburn team would have still slide to number 5,even though we would have beaten 2 of the 4 teams and lost to the current number 1 team by 8 points. The turds would have still been picked. College football is broke.

I wonder if we would’ve gotten in had that series with Clemson not happened and we had instead done a series with, say, Georgia Tech instead. Would’ve been 11-2 and still with two wins over #1 teams.

Seriously, let’s NEVER play Clemson in the regular season again. Yet another reason I’m glad Jacobs is (almost) gone.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Rivalry hate aside, that would be awesome. All I heard was how the SEC was down all offseason and season, but yet three schools almost made the playoffs and an All SEC NC game would be icing on the cake. 

Kanell and his anti-SEC friends would throw a fit and it would be wonderful to watch.

conference incest is not good for the game

3 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

conference incest is not good for the game

The SEC recently had a lengthy streak of winning NC’s and the game never deteriorated. 

I don't give a damn about representing for the SEC I don't want either of our rivals to win titles. However, if it had to be one I'd rather it be Bama (ughhhh) because then it's kind of like "eh, what's another one?" but if UGA wins one I will be pissed because that just strengthens them and that's bad for Auburn IMO. 

Best case scenario is if Oklahoma wins the whole thing. I don't want any of the other 3 teams that we compete with for recruits to have any more championships.

Just now, Tiger said:

I don't give a damn about representing for the SEC I don't want either of our rivals to win titles but if it had to be one I'd rather it be Bama because then it's kind of like "eh, so what they always win" but if UGA wins one I will be pissed because that just strengthens them and that's bad for Auburn IMO. 

Best case scenario is if Oklahoma wins the whole thing. I don't want any of the other 3 teams that we compete with for recruits to have any more championships.

I’d prefer Oklahoma to win as well.

If not:

-I’d prefer dual SEC NC teams. Only one team can say they beat both, that makes us look better. In that case, I’d prefer Bama to win. It is going to hurt less if Saban adds another trophy to his room than it would if Georgia finally wins another NC. 

-If only one SEC team is in and it’s UGA, I will want Clemson to win only because I like Dabo. I abhor both fanbases though so I’m truly biting that bullet. 

-If only one SEC team is in and it’s Bama, again, let Oklahoma win. The SEC still had a decent showing but I like Mayfield. He has the IT factor and he has the Marshall Henderson factor as well and he rocks when he is on top. It wouldn’t affect me if Bama won though, I’m numb to Saban’s success and can  only look forward to his retirement. 

what other sport has teams from the same division, conference etc, play each other for national championship? That's what the conference championship is supposed to be for but as we have seen its a disadvantage to play that game for the national championship seedings.

Why isn't Georgia the SEC champs playing in the Sugar, the traditional SEC game?

Because sending the updykes out west to play Oklahoma would not help them beat OK

35 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

what other sport has teams from the same division, conference etc, play each other for national championship?

I mean, if UGA beats Oklahoma and if Alabama beats Clemson, then your gripes would be pretty pathetic. 

46 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Why isn't Georgia the SEC champs playing in the Sugar, the traditional SEC game?

Because sending the updykes out west to play Oklahoma would not help them beat OK

Think that only applies to non- semifinal bowls. You know, like we are in the peach bowl which rotates as part of the New Years 6 bowls. Also, saw this on Wikipedia 

The four-team format pits the No. 1-ranked team against No. 4 and No. 2 vs. No. 3. The selection committee seeds the two semifinal games, placing the top-seeded team at the closest site to prevent it from playing in a "road" environment. There are no limits on the number of teams per conference, a change from previous BCS rules.[2] However, some non-semifinal bowl selections still maintain their conference tie-ins, similarly to the BCS's automatic qualifier berths.[56] A team from one of the "Group of Five" conferences is guaranteed a spot in one of the New Year's Six bowls.[57]

56 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

what other sport has teams from the same division, conference etc, play each other for national championship? That's what the conference championship is supposed to be for but as we have seen its a disadvantage to play that game for the national championship seedings.

Have you ever seen the NCAA basketball tournament bracket?  There are teams all the time from the same division on opposite sides of the bracket.  I don't know all the other divisions for the other conferences, but from the SEC look at 2015:

image.png

11 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Have you ever seen the NCAA basketball tournament bracket?  There are teams all the time from the same division on opposite sides of the bracket.  I don't know all the other divisions for the other conferences, but from the SEC look at 2015:

image.png

Not to mention South Carolina just defeated Mississippi State in the Women’s Basketball Championship just this past year. 

Archived