More Versatility in Auburn's Gameplan Next Year?

Malcolm_FleX48

The lack of audible is amazing. Multiple times all year the opposing D would bring the house, stidham would look over for a new play, and get nothing. Then we run up the middle into an A gap blitz. At ASU there were actual RPOs with mixed routes in either side to give the QB option on his reads. If that kid can succeed, why not stidham? This mixed with passing concepts found in middle school playbook makes out offense easy to stop for elite Ds. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see JS go under center more and run the toss sweep from that formation. Also, for 3rd and 1, line up in the same "I" formation and give Cox the ball out of the fullback position instead of always being in the shotgun 7 yards back from the line of scrimmage when you need to make up 8-9 yards to get a 1st down. It is much easier to pick up 1-3 yards when you start the play only 2-3 yards behind the LOS. I am not saying do this all the time, but throw it in a few times in the game.

I guess I am still old school, but I like the idea of running multiple offenses throughout the game just enough to break things up a bit.

On 12/4/2017 at 5:05 PM, bigbird said:

1st.  I'd implement some Texas concept

2nd. I'd try some Mills concept like Spurrier used at UF

3rd. I'd try some sail concepts with a little more roll and half roll outs

In the beginning of the season, we ran some buck sweep, but towards the end of the year it seemed like all we ran was some variation of inside zone. We need balance in our run game as well. A toss, stretch, or any other OT runs would help loosen the middle.

I would say that CCL was forced to blend the offensive schemes in order to help the players and Gus' ego transition to a new offense.  Hopefully, the ego will allow the offense to continue to develop into a more diverse and less predictable offense moving forward.  

Archived