What is this Movie/ TV scene?

SaturdayGT

So this has been bugging me......There was a scene from a movie made probably in the early to mid 80's,  and I assume I saw it on HBO since I know I used to see the scene many times back then and HBO would be a source for repeats....Anyways, what I remember of it, there were two (maybe more) kids in a Tree house and a Gun was somehow involved. The gun went off and they cut to a dramatic scene where a kid comes flying backwards out of the tree house leaving you to feel he got shot. He laid on the ground lifeless, but snapped out of it and says that he was OK and that it only nicked or grazed his ear. This could have been a TV show, but Im pretty sure it was in a movie.  Any Ideas?

On 12/4/2017 at 8:53 PM, augolf1716 said:

wow I'm a movie buff but I'm lost on that you. Remember any names of the actors???

Nope, nothing on the actors.  I half want to say it was a movie with several short stories. I thought it might be a movie called nightmares, but I looked up the stories, and kinda ruled that one out.  I also half think that maybe the movie was just boring, and that was the only scene worth watching. That is, if it is a movie. Could be a made for TV movie, or TV show....Finally, not sure if this is accurate or going to throw the trail off, I somehow want to think it may have possibly been a Stephen king movie, but I cant find anything on it. The reason being, I wanted to think the movie was supposed to be scary, like a horror but being a kid, kinda felt let down by it in that regard. ...I could be mixing that feeling with my feeling about the movie Stand By me.

1 hour ago, SaturdayGT said:

Nope, nothing on the actors.  I half want to say it was a movie with several short stories. I thought it might be a movie called nightmares, but I looked up the stories, and kinda ruled that one out.  I also half think that maybe the movie was just boring, and that was the only scene worth watching. That is, if it is a movie. Could be a made for TV movie, or TV show....Finally, not sure if this is accurate or going to throw the trail off, I somehow want to think it may have possibly been a Stephen king movie, but I cant find anything on it. The reason being, I wanted to think the movie was supposed to be scary, like a horror but being a kid, kinda felt let down by it in that regard. ...I could be mixing that feeling with my feeling about the movie Stand By me.

There was a SK movie named Cat's Eye that was a series of shorts, I think. There was also the Twilight Zone movie. And Tales from the Crypt, maybe? And Creepshow, which actually had SK in it. And Creepshow 2.

I don't recall the scene you're describing at all, though, in any of them. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

There was a SK movie named Cat's Eye that was a series of shorts, I think. There was also the Twilight Zone movie. And Tales from the Crypt, maybe? And Creepshow, which actually had SK in it. And Creepshow 2.

I don't recall the scene you're describing at all, though, in any of them. 

Tales from the crypt came out later. I know I was still in Florida, so this would be pre 1987.  I know most of the movies in there except for creep show 2. I looked up Creep show 2, but I didn't find anything that stood out in Wikipedia. 

Archived