2018 4* TE Luke Ford

WFE12

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

Thumbs up to “STD in a brothel”. You’re more than just a gif ninja, brother! WOOOOO!

tenor.gif

I guess this defeats the purpose of what you just said BUT WORTH IT!!!! haha. WOOOOOO!!!!!!!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

No intel anywhere saying he’s gonna commit to us. Probably going to UGA.

Except for Gus saying yesterday that he still wanted an elite TE to sign with us. 

2 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Except for Gus saying yesterday that he still wanted an elite TE to sign with us. 

Sounds more like a wishlist than anything. Georgia is kicking our ass.

4 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Exact verbiage was "I think we need a big-time tight end and an impact o-lineman or two." In regards to what he thought we needed in the class. Nothing from any of our reporters or message boards saying Ford would sign with us.

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Exact verbiage was "I think we need a big-time tight end and an impact o-lineman or two." In regards to what he thought we needed in the class. Nothing from any of our reporters or message boards saying Ford would sign with us.

Correct, but given that Ford is the only TE we are still going after, I don't believe Gus would have made that statement if he didn't at least think we had a shot to land him. 

Just now, thaitopher said:

Correct, but given that Ford is the only TE we are still going after, I don't believe Gus would have made that statement if he didn't at least think we had a shot to land him. 

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he signs with us. I’ll eat crow if the staff pulls this off. 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he signs with us. I’ll eat crow if the staff pulls this off. 

I agree that chances are he lands at UGA. My only point was that given what Gus said, I still have a slither (more of a morsel really) of hope that Ford might sign with us. 

4 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I agree that chances are he lands at UGA. My only point was that given what Gus said, I still have a slither (more of a morsel really) of hope that Ford might sign with us. 

Well, crap.  Now I have a slither of hope.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well, crap.  Now I have a slither of hope.

:Sing: Don't. It's just me thinking of the glass being half full. Nothing to see here - move on. 

21 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Just offered the Arkansas legacy (which is probably a hail mary attempt) at TE.  Would we do that if we felt good about Ford?

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Just offered the Arkansas legacy (which is probably a hail mary attempt) at TE.  Would we do that if we felt good about Ford?

The Arkansas TE is for the 2019 class so.....yes. 

More bad news on the horizon?

When Gus Malzahn was asked Wednesday evening about the rest of the 2018 signing class, he didn’t hesitate with his initial response.

“I really feel like we need a big-time tight end,” Malzahn said.

That statement from Malzahn was by design.

Auburn’s biggest target throughout December — and, per the plan, in January — was 4-star tight end Luke Ford. Larry Porter made multiple visits to the Ford house in Illinois during the December contact period. The Tigers always knew it was going to be a battle against Georgia for the nation’s No. 2 tight end.

On Thursday morning, Ford dropped a surprise. He’s signing Thursday, which came as a surprise to many, including Auburn.

A source close to the situation confirmed they expect the choice to be Georgia, which adds a little extra salt to the wounds after the Bulldogs’ big day Wednesday. Luckily for Auburn, most of the rest of the southeast will feel the same way about Georgia’s unprecedented recruiting push.

Where do the Tigers turn at tight end? Based on Malzahn’s comments, it seems as though Auburn will still look for another impact tight end. Of the prospects who claim offers, only Ford and Tyneil Hopper remain uncommitted. It’s possible Auburn circles back around on a prospect such as Nathaniel Watson who is committed to Mississippi State, but didn’t use the early signing period.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-recruiting-richard-jibunor-signing-day-recap?utm_campaign=SF_SECCountryAU&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

More bad news on the horizon?

When Gus Malzahn was asked Wednesday evening about the rest of the 2018 signing class, he didn’t hesitate with his initial response.

“I really feel like we need a big-time tight end,” Malzahn said.

That statement from Malzahn was by design.

Auburn’s biggest target throughout December — and, per the plan, in January — was 4-star tight end Luke Ford. Larry Porter made multiple visits to the Ford house in Illinois during the December contact period. The Tigers always knew it was going to be a battle against Georgia for the nation’s No. 2 tight end.

On Thursday morning, Ford dropped a surprise. He’s signing Thursday, which came as a surprise to many, including Auburn.

A source close to the situation confirmed they expect the choice to be Georgia, which adds a little extra salt to the wounds after the Bulldogs’ big day Wednesday. Luckily for Auburn, most of the rest of the southeast will feel the same way about Georgia’s unprecedented recruiting push.

Where do the Tigers turn at tight end? Based on Malzahn’s comments, it seems as though Auburn will still look for another impact tight end. Of the prospects who claim offers, only Ford and Tyneil Hopper remain uncommitted. It’s possible Auburn circles back around on a prospect such as Nathaniel Watson who is committed to Mississippi State, but didn’t use the early signing period.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-recruiting-richard-jibunor-signing-day-recap?utm_campaign=SF_SECCountryAU&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Wolk should just change his name to Benjamin Wolk aka bearer of bad news." 

5 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Well good news is UGA only has one more spot left (assuming Ford signs) :beer2:

Right....The final dagger lol

Y'all didn't read the whole Wolk article... at the bottom he said More names could emerge, but the most likely five — assuming Fuqua sticks in the class — will come from this list of prospects, unless the Tigers identify a more elite-level tight end, which I’m hearing is possible.

Dang it!  The leghumpers have just killed it in recruiting this year. Insane!!! As if Amen Corner wasn’t tough enough already......  Oh well, they were both ranked #1 when we took ‘em both behind the woodshed this year.  I guess they’ll need to get used to that!

Archived