2018 4* TE Luke Ford

WFE12

27 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Dang it!  The leghumpers have just killed it in recruiting this year. Insane!!! As if Amen Corner wasn’t tough enough already......  Oh well, they were both ranked #1 when we took ‘em both behind the woodshed this year.  I guess they’ll need to get used to that!

Boy I hope you're right

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Does Rob Gronkowski have any eligibility left ?

No, but let's just give him Sannella's number and he can pretend to be him. :) 

I know we have a great class, but if feels so anticlimactic after getting the crap beat out of us by UGA on the recruiting trail. All I want to do is yell a curseword in my office right now, but I don't think the other people in my office would appreciate that. 

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Dang it!  The leghumpers have just killed it in recruiting this year. Insane!!! As if Amen Corner wasn’t tough enough already......  Oh well, they were both ranked #1 when we took ‘em both behind the woodshed this year.  I guess they’ll need to get used to that!

Just remember, UGA has a TON of seniors they will be losing. They can sell early playing time better than almost anyone. They will not be nearly as good next year and Smart's aura will fade.

3 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Just remember, UGA has a TON of seniors they will be losing. They can sell early playing time better than almost anyone. They will not be nearly as good next year and Smart's aura will fade.

This signing is especially puzzling since UGA can't really promise early playing time here. They just signed the #1 TE Nauta last year, and then didn't even use him. He caught a whopping nine passes for 114. Strange choice by Ford.

6 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Are there any quality tight ends remaining or does Auburn have to settle for a project? 

Not sure we'll settle for a project. I'm sure the coaches would like an upgrade at TE, but we have been scoring a lot of points without using the TE for anything much except a blocker. I'd be more likely to think we'll either get an upgrade or forget TE until next year.

4 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

This signing is especially puzzling since UGA can't really promise early playing time here. They just signed the #1 TE Nauta last year, and then didn't even use him. He caught a whopping nine passes for 114. Strange choice by Ford.

I think a lot of it is hype with UGA. Like with Bama, a lot of people want to jump on the UGA train. It’s the hottest team. Ford saw his spot filling up so made a choice while still having a spot available. Why not join a historic recruiting class with everyone else? Auburn doesn’t have a chance competing against GA in recruiting this year. 

No one really expected this guy to pick Auburn did they? I never read one thing that lead me to believe that to be the case. And Auburn is rated in the top 10 in recruiting folks , please calm down, we have no idea if any of these young men will contribute on the college level no need to be upset over an 18 year old. 

Come on guys  Ford being a TE and if he looked at auburn film, would you get excited of playing TE in OUR offense? his name would ONLY  be called if he was penalized for holding  lol. They throw the ball more in Georgia offense so he probably would show his skills more  

4 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Come on guys  Ford being a TE and if he looked at auburn film, would you get excited of playing TE in OUR offense? his name would ONLY  be called if he was penalized for holding  lol. They throw the ball more in Georgia offense so he probably would show his skills more  

In 2017 Auburn passed nearly 100 times more than Georgia.

Fromm 230 attempts

Stidham 327 attempts

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Their hotshot five star TE that they signed with Eason had 9 catches last year...

14 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Where's the downvote button? 

11 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

In 2017 Auburn passed nearly 100 times more than Georgia.

Ofc we did  GA was breaking in a FR QB who they needed to bring along slowly. they also had 2 stud RBs they could run with. 

I also was only talking about throwing to a TE , not all receivers.

GA TEs caught 19 passes with 2 TDs.   AU TE caught  1 pass all year for 5 yards

48 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I know we have a great class, but if feels so anticlimactic after getting the crap beat out of us by UGA on the recruiting trail. All I want to do is yell a curseword in my office right now, but I don't think the other people in my office would appreciate that. 

me and you both brother. I am tired of the same usual suspects telling us we should we grateful about getting another top 10 class. It makes it really hard when georgia completely dunked all over us in crutin this year. It is hard to be satisfied with our class when our 2 biggest rivals and main competition will both be in the top 5 and kirby completely embarrassed us and owned us down the stretch for the elite players we were both after. Like damn let us vent and be pissed off. Not everyone has to be pissing rainbows and milk and honey every post.

5 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

GA TEs caught 19 passes with 2 TDs.   AU TE caught pass all year for 5 yes  

We didn’t have any TE’s worth throwing to.

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We didn’t have any TE’s worth throwing to.

How can you say that? Harris got 2 passes thrown to him last year. guess how many TDs?..... 2. not bad.  ?

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

How can you say that? Harris got 2 passes thrown to him last year. guess how many TDs?..... 2. not bad.  ?

One of them was from a gadget Kerryon jump pass or was that the Oklahoma game?

Archived