2018 4* TE Luke Ford

WFE12

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

me and you both brother. I am tired of the same usual suspects telling us we should we grateful about getting another top 10 class. It makes it really hard when georgia completely dunked all over us in crutin this year. It is hard to be satisfied with our class when our 2 biggest rivals and main competition will both be in the top 5 and kirby completely embarrassed us and owned us down the stretch for the elite players we were both after. Like damn let us vent and be pissed off. Not everyone has to be pissing rainbows and milk and honey every post.

But....it feels really good to piss rainbows, milk and honey doesn’t it ?...?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, fredst said:

But....it feels really good to piss rainbows, milk and honey doesn’t it ?...?

Absolutely MR fred! If there is a reason for it like georgia fans have had since the sec title game........

3 hours ago, Grumps said:

Just remember, UGA has a TON of seniors they will be losing. They can sell early playing time better than almost anyone. They will not be nearly as good next year and Smart's aura will fade.

What makes you so sure exactly?

8 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Correct, but given that Ford is the only TE we are still going after, I don't believe Gus would have made that statement if he didn't at least think we had a shot to land him. 

We were going to go after another TE regardless after we missed on Ford. His statement IMO had no reflection on what he believed our chances were, He was just stating the obvious that we need a big time TE.

3 hours ago, Sani-Freeze said:

This signing is especially puzzling since UGA can't really promise early playing time here. They just signed the #1 TE Nauta last year, and then didn't even use him. He caught a whopping nine passes for 114. Strange choice by Ford.

Just hopping on the bandwagon tis' all...Nothing strange about it.

This signing is especially puzzling since UGA can't really promise early playing time here. They just signed the #1 TE Nauta last year, and then didn't even use him. He caught a whopping nine passes for 114. Strange choice by Ford.

Well if you thought that was puzzling they also have 5* Eason and 5* Fromm and that didn’t stop them from getting 5*, #1 player / #1 QB Fields.

I think he caught eight passes more than our tight ends.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

me and you both brother. I am tired of the same usual suspects telling us we should we grateful about getting another top 10 class. It makes it really hard when georgia completely dunked all over us in crutin this year. It is hard to be satisfied with our class when our 2 biggest rivals and main competition will both be in the top 5 and kirby completely embarrassed us and owned us down the stretch for the elite players we were both after. Like damn let us vent and be pissed off. Not everyone has to be pissing rainbows and milk and honey every post.

Honest question. What can our coaching staff do to get these guys that go to Georgia or bama? I would think they are busting their humps to get them to come to Auburn. 

5 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Honest question. What can our coaching staff do to get these guys that go to Georgia or bama? I would think they are busting their humps to get them to come to Auburn. 

Gus can hire more elite recruiters. Ask yourself this. Who do you truly think is a great recruiter on this staff? We need the best recruiters we can mind to go toe to toe with those 2 schools. 

7 minutes ago, jluvah said:

This issue is more complex than “just recruit harder or have better recruiters.”  Georgia is the home school.  Everyone one here in Georgia loves Georgia football.  There is no other school because Southern and Tech are not really competitive.  So when you grow up with your family, and in turn, yourself loving the school, it is a hard offer to turn down.  Same with Alabama.  The majority of the state is infatuated with the college because there is no pro team to cheer for.  Alabama has nothing else.  So Auburn is caught right in the middle.

Not saying it is impossible for us however.  But for someone whose family loved a particular school, it is harder to steer away.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

This issue is more complex than “just recruit harder or have better recruiters.”  Georgia is the home school.  Everyone one here in Georgia loves Georgia football.  There is no other school because Southern and Tech are not really competitive.  So when you grow up with your family, and in turn, yourself loving the school, it is a hard offer to turn down.  Same with Alabama.  The majority of the state is infatuated with the college because there is no pro team to cheer for.  Alabama has nothing else.  So Auburn is caught right in the middle.

Not saying it is impossible for us however.  But for someone whose family loved a particular school, it is harder to steer away.

which is exactly why we need more elite recruiters on staff because we are going against a stacked deck. Man did we just agree on something?! WOW!!!! offseason is LITTY! lol

14 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Well...stop choking in big games for one. Winning cures everything. Be a consistent winner and the high profile guys will come. Not all of them of course, but the numbers will change. Being that the last thing these recruits saw was Auburn getting waxed in the SECCG...it's not that big a surprise they pulled the teeter totters over. I'm not trying to start a Gus debate, but that's my opinion.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

which is exactly why we need more elite recruiters on staff because we are going against a stacked deck. Man did we just agree on something?! WOW!!!! offseason is LITTY! lol

Honestly I am happy with the coaches we have.  Now for the extra assistant we should try to get Dell.  And for me, Porter has underwhelmed.  I remember when we brought him in, he was hyped as an Elite recruiter but I haven’t seen much.  There is still time though.

The reason why I said I am happy with the coaches we have now is we are able to take 2-3*’s and help them perform like 5*’s.  For me, that is how you truly know you have a good coach.

I will call my shot now, give it another year and you will start seeing more 5* guys commit to us.  I think that for the same reason Saban started to get his.  Recruits will see how we are developing guys and be convinced we are not a flash in the pan.  That we are developing a machine for the NFL.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Honestly I am happy with the coaches we have.  Now for the extra assistant we should try to get Dell.  And for me, Porter has underwhelmed.  I remember when we brought him in, he was hyped as an Elite recruiter but I haven’t seen much.  There is still time though.

The reason why I said I am happy with the coaches we have now is we are able to take 2-3*’s and help them perform like 5*’s.  For me, that is how you truly know you have a good coach.

I will call my shot now, give it another year and you will start seeing more 5* guys commit to us.  I think that for the same reason Saban started to get his.  Recruits will see how we are developing guys and be convinced we are not a flash in the pan.  That we are developing a machine for the NFL.

happy with the coaches we have?!?!?! WHYYYYYYYYYYY why would you mess up a potential agreement between us?!?! lol sigh!! Honeymoon is over. All right back to business. Larry Porter will eventually do really well imo. His track record is to proven and impressive. I bet you he does a lot better for the next class. He helped in the recruitment of Kayode and if we get schwartz he helped there as well. Crime dawg getting poached KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLED us for last years class when it came to safety. He had finally after chopping wood all year was in position to land a elite safety in devon hunter and a really good one in cj averey. both 4 star guys. Hunter was a top 50 player on some sites. Ole Miss inability to hire quality coaches to be its DC really effed us. Herb Hand is who I am most disappointed in. He was brought in to replace JB who is a excellent teacher because herbs forte was crutin........ WELL. I am not impressed. 

8 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Well...stop choking in big games for one. Winning cures everything. Be a consistent winner and the high profile guys will come. Not all of them of course, but the numbers will change. Being that the last thing these recruits saw was Auburn getting waxed in the SECCG...it's not that big a surprise they pulled the teeter totters over. I'm not trying to start a Gus debate, but that's my opinion.

This , I believe, is the correct answer!

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

happy with the coaches we have?!?!?! WHYYYYYYYYYYY why would you mess up a potential agreement between us?!?! lol sigh!! Honeymoon is over. All right back to business. Larry Porter will eventually do really well imo. His track record is to proven and impressive. I bet you he does a lot better for the next class. He helped in the recruitment of Kayode and if we get schwartz he helped there as well. Crime dawg getting poached KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLED us for last years class when it came to safety. He had finally after chopping wood all year was in position to land a elite safety in devon hunter and a really good one in cj averey. both 4 star guys. Hunter was a top 50 player on some sites. Ole Miss inability to hire quality coaches to be its DC really effed us. Herb Hand is who I am most disappointed in. He was brought in to replace JB who is a excellent teacher because herbs forte was crutin........ WELL. I am not impressed. 

I’m not saying we are disagreeing, but I do like who we have.  I do hope you are right on Porter.  I do like what Hand is doing though.  He is consistently landing 4* players, and we have seen he can develop them across the line.  As much as we had to switch up the line this year, we didn’t drop off much at all.

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I’m not saying we are disagreeing, but I do like who we have.  I do hope you are right on Porter.  I do like what Hand is doing though.  He is consistently landing 4* players, and we have seen he can develop them across the line.  As much as we had to switch up the line this year, we didn’t drop off much at all.

he completely whiffed this cycle on the big time targets on OL in a cycle WE DESPERATELY needed quality OL signees. I really hope he can pull off a hail mary and get at least 1 of the 2 florida boys.

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I think he caught eight passes more than our tight ends.

There are 128 D-1 schools to choose from. I didn't say he should have chosen AU. 

15 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

UAT has a railroad track. Amtrak too.

I know.  The Crescent runs through there, but I don't believe they party on them like in Athens.  

14 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Come on guys  Ford being a TE and if he looked at auburn film, would you get excited of playing TE in OUR offense?

With due respect I'm tired of seeing this line of think. UGA has a couple of beast TEs & they didn't throw to them much this year either as @GwillMac6 has pointed out.

13 hours ago, steeleagle said:

How can you say that? Harris got 2 passes thrown to him last year. guess how many TDs?..... 2. not bad.  ?

The staff did not sign him nor sees him as having the skill set to be utilized as a quality receiving option. He's a blocker. Plain & simple. How hard is it for people to understand this.

10 hours ago, jluvah said:

Consistently win big & start winning at least 50% of those rivalry games.

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus can hire more elite recruiters. Ask yourself this. Who do you truly think is a great recruiter on this staff? We need the best recruiters we can mind to go toe to toe with those 2 schools. 

They also have to be good developers too. There are plenty of top 10 recruiting classes that don't pan out those results on the field.

Archived