2018 4* TE Luke Ford

WFE12

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I know.  The Crescent runs through there, but I don't believe they party on them like in Athens.  

Where in Athens do they party on the train tracks? :blink:

16 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This issue is more complex than “just recruit harder or have better recruiters.”  Georgia is the home school.  Everyone one here in Georgia loves Georgia football.  There is no other school because Southern and Tech are not really competitive.  So when you grow up with your family, and in turn, yourself loving the school, it is a hard offer to turn down.  Same with Alabama.  The majority of the state is infatuated with the college because there is no pro team to cheer for.  Alabama has nothing else.  So Auburn is caught right in the middle.

Not saying it is impossible for us however.  But for someone whose family loved a particular school, it is harder to steer away.

Amen. This is so true. Especially in Georgia. They have a lot of state pride. Combine that with Kirby being a Georgia guy, he has a lot to sell and they buying it and rightfully so. Now can Kirby manage egos, that will be the next test. I got all this talent and everybody can’t play. Not to mention UF and UT should be making a turn for the better soon. Auburn has held its own for years against the Bama and UGA machines...we just gotta keep grinding.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

With due respect I'm tired of seeing this line of think. UGA has a couple of beast TEs & they didn't throw to them much this year either as @GwillMac6 has pointed out.

I agree completely but uga didn't throw it very much at all...didn't have to. The east has just got to get better to hang with uga

On 12/22/2017 at 5:56 AM, ellitor said:

With due respect I'm tired of seeing this line of think. UGA has a couple of beast TEs & they didn't throw to them much this year either as @GwillMac6 has pointed out.

And like has been pointed out UGA  was breaking in a freshman QB. Gus has not used a TE in the traditioal capacity as other teams. CK may want to and just didn' have anyone he felt confident in, don't know.  However, until these kids get to see a TE be a big part of the O they will continue to go where the Os  offer more opportunity. 

Archived