On to UCF

DAG

2 minutes ago, Woodstock Tiger said:

I'm looking forward to it.  The UCF defense was non-existent vs Memphis.  It was a track meet in the first half.   Based on what I've seen of them, they'll easily be one of the worst defenses AU will have seen all year.  I'm sure UCF will be jacked up and wanting to send their coach off to Nebraska with an undefeated season as their going away present, so AU better bring their emotions with them.  

My biggest complaint is it's a morning game on Jan 1.  Getting the family up early Jan 1 and after staying up to watch Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve and stumbling down to the Mercedes Dome would be much easier if they moved it to a mid afternoon game   Someone should start a petition to make it later in the day.  

Football has no business taking place before 3:00 on any day, much less New Year's Day.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What really scares me is the defense . If there is one complaint about them, it is the fact that at times they are just dang nonchalant. Like they can just show up and the other team will just falter. Couple that with a handful of them being potential nfl draftees, seeing how engaged they are will be interesting. 

Listening to an interview with the navy coach this morning and he inferred that if ucf and Notre Dame played that ucf would win. He would not come right out and say it (said he did not want to be politically incorrect?). Just think we can’t sleep on this team. They can score 

Gustav really needs to have the team ready to win this bowl game and start 2018 on a positive note.

wde

6 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Gustav really needs to have the team ready to win this bowl game and start 2018 on a positive note.

wde

Yep. A good way to start off earning that new raise.

It's been a roller coaster of a season, that's for sure.  Not winning the conference title and getting into the CFB Playoff was deeply disappointing, no doubt, but dayyum ... what's the point of dwelling on it?  We lost. The bragging rights over our 2 biggest rivals in a year when they were at their best is nothing to downplay, and the bowl game is all that's left this year.  Let's get behind it.  WDE

Any word if Pettway will be back for the bowl?  I saw where Gus wasn’t sure if Kerryon would be back or at least 100% for the bowl game.  Kam Martin would probably have success like he did in the regular season against lesser defenses but I know I’d feel better if we didn’t have to go that route.  Kerryon not being healthy 4 weeks out leads me to believe he was worse off than most thought.  I’m no doctor but surely bruised ribs or soreness should be healed by then.

Hard for me to get excited about this bowl and Central FL.,  after beating two #1 teams.  I would like to have played someone like Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan, Miami or even a rematch with LSU. I realize bowl tie-ins come into play. But maybe I'll get over it before bowl game.  I'm  not excited about just trying to ruin someones undefeated season.  Wish we were playing a bigger name school, but that's just me. Hope the players don't feel the same way.

15 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

The bragging rights over our 2 biggest rivals in a year when they were at their best

What bragging rights do we own over UGA? We have it over Bama but even then, they are in the playoffs and we are not. 

30 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

What bragging rights do we own over UGA? We have it over Bama but even then, they are in the playoffs and we are not. 

The humiliation in the SECCG trumps our win in JHS by a mile.

wde

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

The humiliation in the SECCG trumps our win in JHS by a mile.

wde

Right. We basically traded butt whoopings but Georgia won the most recent do or die matchup and that means everything.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Right. We basically traded butt whoopings but Georgia won the most recent do or die matchup and that means everything.

Auburn started the season 2 games behind in the overall series wins.  We ended the season in the same position.  Like kissing your sister, no one is going to brag about that, well except some Bama fans.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Well if they lose in the playoffs, they still haven’t secured a Natty since 1980. And it took them playing a battered Auburn team to get their revenge. 

I do find it interesting that they have been out full force talking smack despite not really doing much in the last decade. Either way, we’re talking moral victories. Imo the most painful thought is that Alabama got in and didn’t play in the conference title. So now both of our #1 wins don’t hold much value other than it getting us a chance at the SEC title.

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Congrats to UGA for winning the SEC.  Even if uat or UGA wins it all, they'll still have an non-eraseable, decisive loss on their record delivered by ... AU.  If I come across any a-hole fan-boi of either school that wants to start anything (there are some up here in the NW but thankfully not many,) I pledge here & now to remind them of which school administered their respective butt-whippings.  That's how bragging rights work.    

5 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Congrats to UGA for winning the SEC.  Even if uat or UGA wins it all, they'll still have an non-eraseable, decisive loss on their record delivered by ... AU. 

But Georgia then whipped us three weeks later. Do you think LSU still has bragging rights for beating Alabama the first time in 2011? I concede that we may have bragging rights over Bama this year, but don’t be foolish if you think a Bammer is going to care about your bragging rights if they win it all.

30 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

But Georgia then whipped us three weeks later. Do you think LSU still has bragging rights for beating Alabama the first time in 2011? I concede that we may have bragging rights over Bama this year, but don’t be foolish if you think a Bammer is going to care about your bragging rights if they win it all.

They already don't care,  at least not in my neck of the woods. We s*** the bed and they are in. 

I think it will be MUCH more fun to play a wide open and excited UCF team than to play Wisconsin or Penn St. again. I want our guys to practice hard and then HAVE FUN at the bowl game.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

If Bama wins it all can tell you exactly what they will say... at Alabama we care about winning championships, at Auburn you care about beating Alabama.

8 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

If Bama wins it all can tell you exactly what they will say... at Alabama we care about winning championships, at Auburn you care about beating Alabama.

They're already saying that, and for the most part they're right.

37 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

No they are not. The way you win championships is to win games. UAT wanted to beat us on Nov. 25th and they couldn't do it. Yes, they backed in to the playoff, but it was not their desire for championships that put them in. They only say that because it bothers Auburn fans who don't know any better.

1 hour ago, leglessdan said:

Unfortunately some of our fans have this pathetic mindset. When people think of the auburn team in 2013, do they automatically say, oh yeah LSU whooped their butts?

Archived