DAG

On to UCF

Recommended Posts

I remain amazed that so many people really give a crap about what bama or dawg fans have to say. 

If the crowing achievement of their lives....or that of some of our fans consists of bragging about the outcome of a football game that neither actually played in....my gosh....that's downright pitiful all the way around far as I can tell. :sad2:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Some fans might not care, but this game is very important for perception of this program.

Exactly. Another top 10 team who’s undefeated to beat. A solid win over them will validate some of the claims that Auburn was beat up vs UGA. Gets us momentum for the following season as well. Let’s get our back to back 10 win seasons baby!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I remain amazed that so many people really give a crap about what bama or dawg fans have to say. 

If the crowing achievement of their lives....or that of some of our fans consists of bragging about the outcome of a football game that neither actually played in....my gosh....that's downright pitiful all the way around far as I can tell. :sad2:

Hate to break it to you, but since AU just decided to pay our HC  over 7 million per year just made foolish the notion that AU is not a football factory in terms of athletics and that winning football games is the biggest priority in the athletic department.  That includes beating your rivals more than just occasionally and winning SEC Championships became more of an expected result instead of "it is OK just to get their every 5 years or so".  Just as winning 10 regular season game should be expected. There are no more excuses for not winning.  AU is paying with the biggest of boys.  

FWIW, I don't care what UGA or spuat fans say at all.  I only care what happens on the field when we play them.

 

wde

Edited by AUIH1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Hate to break it to you, but since AU just decided to pay our HC  over 7 million per year just made foolish the notion that AU is not a football factory in terms of athletics and that winning football games is the biggest priority in the athletic department.  That includes beating your rivals more than just occasionally and winning SEC Championships became more of an expected result instead of "it is OK just to get their every 5 years or so".  Just as winning 10 regular season game should be expected. There are no more excuses for not winning.  AU is paying with the biggest of boys.  

FWIW, I don't care what UGA or spuat fans say at all.  I only care what happens on the field when we play them.

 

wde

I'm good with that statement in bold print but everything else.....well that's just your view and you ae welcome to it though I think you are way more strident on the subject than is necessary or warranted.  

But....the thought that AU fans are letting bammers and dawgs ruin their days....and weeks....or that they feel the need to even respond to those people......that is just painful and laughable too. .    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AU64 said:

I'm good with that statement in bold print but everything else.....well that's just your view and you ae welcome to it though I think you are way more strident on the subject than is necessary or warranted.  

But....the thought that AU fans are letting bammers and dawgs ruin their days....and weeks....or that they feel the need to even respond to those people......that is just painful and laughable too. .    

I agree with you about the bold part as well.  I would feel the same way if we had just hired anyone as HC, not just because Gus is getting it.  AU is paying for championships.  We always have actually, but now, there is no debate.

wde

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DAG said:

Some fans might not care, but this game is very important for perception of this program.

Oh it means quite a bit to me. It has for the past 30 years or so. What I meant by them being right is...yeah, we beat them, then got embarrassed when we had a chance to put an exclamaton point on the season. Then they backdoored their way in. Either way ....they're in. We're not. It still won't take the win over bammer away,  but you won't win any arguments against them because they're numb to it now. They're winning NCs. WDE either way. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now