On to UCF

DAG

I could see us blowing them out and I could also see us coming out flat and losing.  Neither would surprise me.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I think it's more likely that UCF comes in half-hearted than Auburn does. Our guys will finally be healthy and have a chip on their shoulder from losing the SEC Championship. I also expect to see Chip take advantage of bowl practice to add some new wrinkles.

To me, it is such a distraction to even let him, coach. Already rumored that he is poaching some of their commits. I never understand the thought of letting someone who has accepted a job offer somewhere else to continue in their previous institute. 

11 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Our D is WAY better than anything they’ve seen all year. I expect to make them 1 dimensional and then get after that QB. The UCF OL has done very well this year, but they’ve never seen anything like what’s coming Jan 1!!!  On O we should win the LOS setting up the balance we like and opening things up on them to put up huge yards and points. The UCF D is not very good at all and we should be healthy.  We should win by at least 2 TDs.  If our D completely shuts them down, this could get real ugly!

I like the way you think!

The "on any given day, anything can happen" thought sticks with me before games like this. 

I think if our Tigers come to really play and UCF has less than their best day ever, AU will dominate. 

I expect  a win.

If our Tigers are dragging and UCF plays inspired, it could get interesting. I don't want interesting. :) 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

To me, it is such a distraction to even let him, coach. Already rumored that he is poaching some of their commits. I never understand the thought of letting someone who has accepted a job offer somewhere else to continue in their previous institute. 

I'm with you. Seems odd. I'd think they would want to give their new staff a head start with the team.  Maybe they are worried about installing new schemes. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've seen a bowl team lose their entire staff before the game.

They have great athletes all over the field, except in the trenches. If our O line and D line play aggressive early, we will win big. 

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

They have great athletes all over the field, except in the trenches. If our O line and D line play aggressive early, we will win big. 

Yep and it's been reported that their starting LT will be out with an injury. We should dominate....No excuses at all.

I am surprised how cocky and rude the UCF fans are being on the Facebook Bowl Game event page.  They have been good for one season and they start acting like Georgia fans.

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I am surprised how cocky and rude the UCF fans are being on the Facebook Bowl Game event page.  They have been good for one season and they start acting like Georgia fans.

They are super cocky and already saying they are national champs if they win this game especially if UGA and Bama make the N.C. I hope we kill them.

19 hours ago, DAG said:

17 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm with you. Seems odd. I'd think they would want to give their new staff a head start with the team.  Maybe they are worried about installing new schemes. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've seen a bowl team lose their entire staff before the game.

I am with you guys.  This is the same kind of strange as having Pruitt coach in playoffs.  This guy has other things on his mind.  How is this a good idea.  

Oh well... Thankfully not happening to AU this year!

On 12/14/2017 at 7:34 AM, abw0004 said:

Probably taking their cues from fans of the big programs in their state, particularly the ones from Tallahassee. 

Is KJ going to be healthy by then or not?  I started to hear some cosch speak that sounded like the pre sec championship gsme.  If he’s still hurt and the O plsn is like the one in the sec championship, we lose.  The coaches better realize UCF is treating this game like their national championship.

53 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

Is KJ going to be healthy by then or not?  I started to hear some cosch speak that sounded like the pre sec championship gsme.  If he’s still hurt and the O plsn is like the one in the sec championship, we lose.  The coaches better realize UCF is treating this game like their national championship.

TBJ, I doubt anyone knows besides our boy Gus and KJ of course. Who the heck knows the extent of such injury...

CGM has a rather undistinguished record in bowl games so far as a Head Coach. 1-3. He has never beaten a Power 5 team in a bowl game as a Head Coach. His only bowl victory as a Head Coach was against Group of Five Memphis. Since UCF is a Group of Five team, maybe CGM can improve his bowl record as a HC. If that seems a little lacking in enthusiasm, my memory of how poorly he prepared Auburn for UGA in the SECCG is to blame.

Well I'm all for an impressive win, but I'll sacrifice sloppy play for a youth movement.

Archived