rushing the field

Eagle Eye 7

I saw AU sent out a request that if fans would not rush the field after big wins they would donate $250000 to charity chosen by the students. My question for those in the know or that might can find out. If fans wait say ten minutes till the other team exits the field does that relieve the penalty ? Especially if it’s done orderly and our team is still on the field.

54 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Yes.  Little known SEC rule:  if the fans "rush" the field single-file as in elementary-school-fire-drill fashion, no fine can be levied.   

Do they have to put a bubble in their mouth as well? lol

I just shook my head at those fools trying to jump over the hedges in order to get to the field. There are steps to your left and right. Use them and quit destroying our poor hedges!!

At this point, it should take some extraordinary for it to happen again. Time to act like we been there..because we have. 

This wasn't considered a thing Auburn would do when I was a student. It actually was rather looked down upon because like @NoALtiger said "we've been there before". The 2013 kick 6 rushing of the field I totally understand (once in a lifetime scenario). Other than that, I don't think Auburn should ever rush the field. 

When I was a kid in the late 60s (yeah I'm almost as old as golf) we would rush the field after every game to get chin straps, elbow pads, knee pads, etc. from the players who willingly gave them to us. 

20 hours ago, WaynesAUworld said:

Do they have to put a bubble in their mouth as well? lol

18 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

The kindergarten teacher in me thinks this is the funniest comment ever!

Please forgive my ignorance, but

???

Who do we think we are, Clemson?  They rush the field every single game.  Ain't nobody got time for that!

When I was a student, the players tore down the goal posts and the students carried it up, and almost over, the top of the stands.  We can't have any fun any more!

Really though, with all of AU's traditions, from the tiger walk, to the eagle flying, to rolling toomers, we have plenty of engaging ways for fans to celebrate...storming the field is not necessary.  Go storm toomer's instead. 

I don't necessarily agree with "act like you've been there".  That takes the fun and passion out of the game.  FSU games in the early 2000's were insufferable b/c they had been there...they'd been winning a bunch...the games themselves got so boring b/c they expected TDs every drive.  I see bama games that same way.  Let's celebrate and have a great time.  The game is supposed to be fun.

18 hours ago, around4ever said:

When I was a kid in the late 60s (yeah I'm almost as old as golf) we would rush the field after every game to get chin straps, elbow pads, knee pads, etc. from the players who willingly gave them to us. 

Now the kids just surround the tunnel and annoy those of us in the student and recruiting sections. :P

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Please forgive my ignorance, but

???

If you read a few posts up you will see them talking about if the fans were to storm the field in a single file line then the school would not be fined. I made a joke about putting a bubble in their mouths. In elementary school when the teacher would line the kids up to go anywhere they would make them put a bubble in their mouth. That would mean for them to blow their cheeks up so that they wouldn't talk in line. It was a shot at kids humor. lol

20 minutes ago, WaynesAUworld said:

If you rad a few posts up you will see them talking about if the fans were to storm the field in a single file line then the school would not be fined. I made a joke about putting a bubble in their mouths. In elementary school when the teacher would line the kids up to go anywhere they would make them put a bubble in their mouth. That would mean for them to blow their cheeks up so that they wouldn't talk in line. It was a shot at kids humor. lol

Many, many thanks!

Saw the up-line post, but "bubble" was apparently a feature added to fire drills after my kindergarten years.

Archived