Null



AidiAU

Injuries from Sat

Recommended Posts

While the whiskey helped drown the pain, it didn’t help with my memory. :) 

Any info on KJ, Tre, and Carlton? I am curious how Carlton Davis played if he was previously looked at for a concussion? 

And, if I recall correctly, two of my fav recruits (Marlon and Derrick) were also hurt during the game. Any word on them? I think Marlon returned after uga booed him...

I know rest will do wonders for everyone, but was curious if anything was super serious or if I missed anybody. Paging @passthebiscuits

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Confirmed that C Davis was held out due to concerns for concussion.

KJ obviously played hurt and typical of ribs started ok I thought and then pain too much to bear...not his best game, obviously. I’ve heard lots of folks talk about how he shouldn’t have been playing unless he was healthy. I understand and agree to some extent, but I would propose that if he had carried us to a victory the narrative would be much different, and if that’s the case, then it might mean that he did his best under bad circumstances. I reiterate that although his injury was painful, there wasn’t a true medical reason why he couldn’t play. Ok moving on...

I believe that Marlon got rolled up on and was a little sore but things looked ok with him. I think we can get everyone healthy for the bowl game, and that  might be real nice. Betting still that we won’t see KP though. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Confirmed that C Davis was held out due to concerns for concussion.

KJ obviously played hurt and typical of ribs started ok I thought and then pain too much to bear...not his best game, obviously. I’ve heard lots of folks talk about how he shouldn’t have been playing unless he was healthy. I understand and agree to some extent, but I would propose that if he had carried us to a victory the narrative would be much different, and if that’s the case, then it might mean that he did his best under bad circumstances. I reiterate that although his injury was painful, there wasn’t a true medical reason why he couldn’t play. Ok moving on...

I believe that Marlon got rolled up on and was a little sore but things looked ok with him. I think we can get everyone healthy for the bowl game, and that  might be real nice. Betting still that we won’t see KP though. 

good post. I agree...If KJ says he can play, you play him..

...And Gus did all he could to protect him...14 carries? He used KM and MM in the 2nd and 3rd Qtrs on drives to give KJ a breather.

Just wasn't enough...as you said..those ribs/shoulder were not going to  hold  up after getting hit after hit. 

And if not for the TOs on the GA side of the ball (including blocked FG), we would have been right there going to the heart of the 4th qtr. But TOs gave GA energy and life,,and scored after them ...I think...putting it away...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to hear you believe KP is gone.  I would love to see him stick around another year but can see why he wouldn't.  

 

EDIT:  Just read your post again and looks like I put words in your mouth.  Didn't mean to do that.  

Edited by AUFlyer99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Confirmed that C Davis was held out due to concerns for concussion.

KJ obviously played hurt and typical of ribs started ok I thought and then pain too much to bear...not his best game, obviously. I’ve heard lots of folks talk about how he shouldn’t have been playing unless he was healthy. I understand and agree to some extent, but I would propose that if he had carried us to a victory the narrative would be much different, and if that’s the case, then it might mean that he did his best under bad circumstances. I reiterate that although his injury was painful, there wasn’t a true medical reason why he couldn’t play. Ok moving on...

I believe that Marlon got rolled up on and was a little sore but things looked ok with him. I think we can get everyone healthy for the bowl game, and that  might be real nice. Betting still that we won’t see KP though. 

Thanks for the info and opinion, but I am of the mindset that KJ SHOULD NEVER HAVE PLAYED IN THE SECCG. He was not able to help the team and no player is bigger than the team as a whole.  A gameplan that included Martin/Barrett/Miller would have, IMO, given Auburn a better chance to win the game. 

 

I also thought that we totally abandoned what worked the first game. Very few Stove sweeps mixed in with RPO's; no TE inclusion; very limited out-of-backfield throws; no roll-outs, etc. Stidham seemed to be less accurate and more nervous as the game wore on; it almost resembled the Clemson game minus the 11 sacks. 

 

But, if you asked me to choose outcomes and I had to pick a loss out of the 3-game juggernaught that ended the season, I'll take the SECCG loss ahead of the regular season wins because the opportunity would not have been there for the 3rd game.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Thanks for the info and opinion, but I am of the mindset that KJ SHOULD NEVER HAVE PLAYED IN THE SECCG. He was not able to help the team and no player is bigger than the team as a whole.  A gameplan that included Martin/Barrett/Miller would have, IMO, given Auburn a better chance to win the game. 

I think Stidham would totally disagree with this assessment and is very thankful that Kerryon endured the pain so he could endure less.

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I also thought that we totally abandoned what worked the first game. Very few Stove sweeps mixed in with RPO's; no TE inclusion; very limited out-of-backfield throws; no roll-outs, etc. Stidham seemed to be less accurate and more nervous as the game wore on; it almost resembled the Clemson game minus the 11 sacks. 

We abandoned it for numerous reasons. We abandoned the Stove sweeps and quick RPOs because that is what Georgia focused on covering. Everytime we tried to go to the perimeter, there were 2-3 defenders there.

We abandoned a lot of the throws and Stidham was nervous because our line wasn't holding and he was under duress most of the game. The whole thing came down to the fact that our O-Line was obviously worn out and Georgia's much fresher D-line and rushers were relentless. I don't think Kerryon being healthy would have helped.  What we needed was a cupcake between bama and the championship to give everyone a rest.

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

But, if you asked me to choose outcomes and I had to pick a loss out of the 3-game juggernaught that ended the season, I'll take the SECCG loss ahead of the regular season wins because the opportunity would not have been there for the 3rd game.

Agreed. With all of the adversity they faced, this team accomplished a lot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I think Stidham would totally disagree with this assessment and is very thankful that Kerryon endured the pain so he could endure less.

We abandoned it for numerous reasons. We abandoned the Stove sweeps and quick RPOs because that is what Georgia focused on covering. Everytime we tried to go to the perimeter, there were 2-3 defenders there.

We abandoned a lot of the throws and Stidham was nervous because our line wasn't holding and he was under duress most of the game. The whole thing came down to the fact that our O-Line was obviously worn out and Georgia's much fresher D-line and rushers were relentless. I don't think Kerryon being healthy would have helped.  What we needed was a cupcake between bama and the championship to give everyone a rest.

Agreed. With all of the adversity they faced, this team accomplished a lot.

As a coach of some success for 36 yrs, I never left it up to players to assess who plays and Auburn never called routes to counter UGAs rush...our o-staff let our kids down...

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 1913-14 said:

As a coach of some success for 36 yrs, I never left it up to players to assess who plays and Auburn never called routes to counter UGAs rush...our o-staff let our kids down...

You totally missed my point about Stidham, but whatever.

All I saw on Saturday was a team that was struggling to execute pretty much everything that had been working for them all season long, because they had nothing left in the tank. If you honestly think you could have coached them to a win, then you should be throwing your 36 years of experience in the ring for some of the current coaching openings.

Edited by lionheartkc
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UGA spent quality time drawing up that defensive game plan, they executed their defensive plan very well and our guys were worn ass out and beat/bruised up.  They took advantage of key errors on our part, capitalized on our mishaps.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, keesler said:

UGA spent quality time drawing up that defensive game plan, they executed their defensive plan very well and our guys were worn ass out and beat/bruised up.  They took advantage of key errors on our part, capitalized on our mishaps.

They had two really good games to watch too - our first match up against them and the Iron Bowl. They took away the perimeter game and we struggled for it but still had the opportunities there. I saw an extremely worn out team by the second half.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WaynesAUworld said:

Is it my imagination or did JS miss every throw after getting hit in the head in the 2nd half?

I agree with you.  He was not throwing with any accuracy at all after that.  Any news on whether he is suffering from any concussion symptoms???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

You totally missed my point about Stidham, but whatever.

All I saw on Saturday was a team that was struggling to execute pretty much everything that had been working for them all season long, because they had nothing left in the tank. If you honestly think you could have coached them to a win, then you should be throwing your 36 years of experience in the ring for some of the current coaching openings.

I passed that up in 1988 while interning under Coach Dye and was offered a grad asst. job...you on the other hand...probably not...I am confident however as I have messaged with some of my fellow coaches on this site that I make some good assessments and for half of Gusses money can produce a consistently winning team... btw, UGA's players weren't tired from their season?

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 1913-14 said:

I passed that up in 1988 while interning under Coach Dye and was offered a grad asst. job...you on the other hand...probably not...I am confident however as I have messaged with some of my fellow coaches on this site that I make some good assessments and for half of Gusses money can produce a consistently winning team... btw, UGA's players weren't tired from their season?

Have you looked at UGA's season? Who did they play after us (or before us for that matter)? We just came off 3 weeks taking down the #1 team twice. That takes a lot out of you.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Have you looked at UGA's season? Who did they play after us (or before us for that matter)? We just came off 3 weeks taking down the #1 team twice. That takes a lot out of you.

To me that's just an excuse. Uga just lined up and beat us, it happens.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 1913-14 said:

I passed that up in 1988 while interning under Coach Dye and was offered a grad asst. job...you on the other hand...probably not...I am confident however as I have messaged with some of my fellow coaches on this site that I make some good assessments and for half of Gusses money can produce a consistently winning team... btw, UGA's players weren't tired from their season?

 

 

I'm not disagreeing with your previous assessment here, but no - UGA's players were not nearly as tired as AU. They just played the easiest schedule of any SEC team I have seen in decades. This was maybe the worst Tenn squad ever. One of the worst Fla teams I can recall. Mizzou, Vandy, Kentucky. And while AU played Bama, they finished with Ga Tech- one of the worst teams I saw all year.  

UGA players looked fresh in this game, while AU players looked like they had cinder blocks tied to their feet. 

I'm not saying that's the reason AU lost - give credit to UGA for executing to perfection. But I do think it made a big difference in the final margin. 

Edited by Sani-Freeze
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, keesler said:

UGA spent quality time drawing up that defensive game plan, they executed their defensive plan very well and our guys were worn ass out and beat/bruised up.  They took advantage of key errors on our part, capitalized on our mishaps.

i take comfort that when we were less banged up and hurt we beat the dawg crap out of jawja. i know all teams get the injurie bug but still it is more fun when both teams are close to one hundred percent.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I think Stidham would totally disagree with this assessment and is very thankful that Kerryon endured the pain so he could endure less.

We abandoned it for numerous reasons. We abandoned the Stove sweeps and quick RPOs because that is what Georgia focused on covering. Everytime we tried to go to the perimeter, there were 2-3 defenders there.

We abandoned a lot of the throws and Stidham was nervous because our line wasn't holding and he was under duress most of the game. The whole thing came down to the fact that our O-Line was obviously worn out and Georgia's much fresher D-line and rushers were relentless. I don't think Kerryon being healthy would have helped.  What we needed was a cupcake between bama and the championship to give everyone a rest.

Agreed. With all of the adversity they faced, this team accomplished a lot.

Obviously, but why abandon the jet-sweep play-action, though? I figure the best way to attack a D that has adjusted from a previous encounter is to SHOW them the same thing but do something else out of it.  But what do I know...I'm not lionheartkc...Lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

You totally missed my point about Stidham, but whatever.

All I saw on Saturday was a team that was struggling to execute pretty much everything that had been working for them all season long, because they had nothing left in the tank. If you honestly think you could have coached them to a win, then you should be throwing your 36 years of experience in the ring for some of the current coaching openings.

I think it's probably close to a consensus that you are the one who's opinion shouldn't be questioned, lion...but that's just me.  There's really no reason to be a d*** other than if you just can't help it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty of room for debate about what we could have done throughout the season and in the preceding week to prevent it, but UGA definitely had loads more energy than us. So big a difference, IMO, that the disparate schedules only explain a small percentage of it. 

Also, I would say that our defense looked a lot sharper than our offense and special teams. They didn't dominate as they had in previous weeks and they eventually lost their juice, too, but they played well enough to win if the offense and special teams could have converted their opportunities and kept it tighter late in the game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JUst my opinion but I believe the difference in the game was turnovers, tackling and penalties.   One, if not the biggest play of the game, was the penalty in the 3rd quarter on RD for illegal touch.   That play was a first down conversion inside the thirty but eventually led to a punt.   Last game AU was outstanding in tackling, this game it was not.   JS’s fumble in first half reminded me of the fake punt conversion for FSU in title game that gave them momentum when we were beating the crap out of them 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Obviously, but why abandon the jet-sweep play-action, though? I figure the best way to attack a D that has adjusted from a previous encounter is to SHOW them the same thing but do something else out of it.  But what do I know...I'm not lionheartkc...Lol

They abandoned it because Georgia had it figured out. When we did had off they had 2 or 3 players there to defend it, and when we didn't, the either stuffed the run or pressured Stidham. And no, you aren't me. Maybe that's something you can be grateful about. 

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I think it's probably close to a consensus that you are the one who's opinion shouldn't be questioned, lion...but that's just me.  There's really no reason to be a d*** other than if you just can't help it.

I'm sorry if you feel like me voicing an opinion that's different than yours taints your opinion of me as a person, but it makes me wonder how you handle the posters on here who really are aggressive and abrasive with all of their posts. In any case, feel free to ignore me if I bother you so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Soooo back to the injuries......does anyone have an update?

I doubt we'll here anything until close to game time other that the standard Gus "we hope to have everyone at 100%"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, WaynesAUworld said:

Is it my imagination or did JS miss every throw after getting hit in the head in the 2nd half?

You are correct. Most of his throws were way off. Problem is JS and KJ are plan A. There is no plan B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now