Chip Lindsey

LKEEL75

Good gravy let's hope not.   Auburn needs one thing:  consistency and that comes from stability.

2 minutes ago, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

It would depend on our compliance office and if he got offers to be an HC somewhere but how would people feel about Hugh freeze?

Or Briles.

Compared to what we had before, Chip did a phenomenal job this year, when he was allowed to do his job without interference. However, I feel confident that he could be replaced and we won't miss a beat, as long as whomever is hired is allowed to do their job.

7 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Or Briles.

Kendal I’m assuming? It’s crazy that he got maybe a month or so of heat at FAU then the season started. I’m sure if he came to AU, the media would give us hell for awhile. Especially if any incidents came up.

That being said, I wouldn’t be upset with the hire. The media spotlight would suck though.

2 minutes ago, FullBloodedTiger91 said:

Kendal I’m assuming? It’s crazy that he got maybe a month or so of heat at FAU then the season started. I’m sure if he came to AU, the media would give us hell for awhile. Especially if any incidents came up.

That being said, I wouldn’t be upset with the hire. The media spotlight would suck though.

I was actually thinking of Daddy Briles. We could be his 2 to 3 year penance before he got another HC job. Sort of like the Freeze hire would be.

3 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I was actually thinking of Daddy Briles. We could be his 2 to 3 year penance before he got another HC job. Sort of like the Freeze hire would be.

I don’t think we could survive hiring Art. With each passing month, more details come out about various off field issues. If we take away all the off field issues that got him fired, I would love to have Art as the OC. But with Auburn getting dragged through the coals when allegations pop up, I would hate to see what the media would do if we hired a guy like Briles.

The difference with Freeze is that you already have media looking at his resume saying if the NCAA sanctions are minimal, he could be a prime target during this carousel. I think the biggest hurdle with getting K Briles or Freeze would be our compliance office. They’ve been strict to keep us clean and it’s paid off especially when the NCAA parked on campus after the Cam allegations. 

Either way though, a potential vacancy if Lindsey leaves would be interesting because of the 10th assistant opening in 2018. We could have a new offseason to revamp again. The obvious downside would be a new OC to mesh with Stidham and a young OL. 

7 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

You left out the yellow fonts....I'm hoping...

Makes me wonder why so many AU fans fall in love with the morally or ethically challenged members of the coaching ranks. Perhaps they like the thrill of constant NCAA and FBI investigations....wondering what might come next. :dunno:

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Chip isn't going to take the job if offered. IMO. I'd say its a "courtesy" interview. IMO.  

I agree. I really don't think USA would be a step up for him and I doubt if it would even pay the same. That program is still in the building phase and they still don't even have their own stadium.

1 minute ago, Dan-0 said:

I agree. I really don't think USA would be a step up for him and I doubt if it would even pay the same. That program is still in the building phase and they still don't even have their own stadium.

It's coming. 

4 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

If Chip wants to a HC somewhere he will need to take a job like USA.....now that might not be the right one but it's a very good entry job for a rising HC prospect from a lower level or a solid coordinator.   A better stadium situation would help but Ladd is not as bad as Legion Field and is a good size for the USA program.  But no point for Chip to take that job after 2 years as an OC.....would help him to spend more time in the big leagues as a coordinator first....JMO

As for salary....I'm thinking they could match at least but look what Gus did....everyone laughed when he took a pay cut to go to Arky State.....and now there is not enough space on this paycheck for all the zeroes. 

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Good gravy let's hope not.   Auburn needs one thing:  consistency and that comes from stability.

Or do they need stability and that comes from consistency...... :big:

I think this is the norm with coaching instability and a winning program. The more successful a program is the greater for potential unstability with coaches moving up the ladder. I would also think that with these very new and younger coordinators looking for their first HC jobs that there are many more possibilities with smaller schools replacing their HC who are also moving up the ladder.

I think Steele is an anomaly simply because of the mess UT is in and just how far down their longer and longer list they have had to go. This could be good for Steele however who is approaching the end of a very good career. 

1 hour ago, Dan-0 said:

Compared to what we had before, Chip did a phenomenal job this year, when he was allowed to do his job without interference. However, I feel confident that he could be replaced and we won't miss a beat, as long as whomever is hired is allowed to do their job.

Sorry, but I totally disagree.  

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

You left out the yellow fonts....I'm hoping...

Makes me wonder why so many AU fans fall in love with the morally or ethically challenged members of the coaching ranks. Perhaps they like the thrill of constant NCAA and FBI investigations....wondering what might come next. :dunno:

Yea, I actually think neither Briles or Freeze should be in play. I would actually like to keep Lindsey.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's coming. 

Hopefully they hire a different company to build it then they had building the indoor practice facility. lol

1 minute ago, WaynesAUworld said:

Hopefully they hire a different company to build it then they had building the indoor practice facility. lol

Lol. Good point. Walls falling down during a thunderstorm wasn't very good. 

Same thing happens in the NFL.  Just like when players get poached from championship teams in the NFL, coordinators get poached from championship level college teams.  This is the reason why if your name is not the Patriots, most teams do not return for the following Super Bowl because your key players signed massive contracts with other teams.

22 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Sorry, but I totally disagree.  

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but I think Chip's performance was a mixed bag overall this year considering the talent he had to work with. Yes, there were some great wins but there were three epic failures this year as well, the worst of which was probably the LSU game. I also think he got taken to the woodshed by Kirby in the SECCG.

59 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Lol. Good point. Walls falling down during a thunderstorm wasn't very good. 

Thunderstorms in Mobile? Who could ever have ever predicted that?

Archived