Alabama State Championships (Viewing Info & Games thread)

ellitor

TO further my proof....

look at who is winning for the most part in the state now

Briarwood, St Paul, Madison Academy, McGill-Toolen,  USM-Wright, ACA (Tuscaloosa) and so on...

Then you add in the big boys of Hoover, Daphne back in the day, Prattville for a few years, Trussville, Bob Jones and somehow talented middle school players just somehow find their way into those school districts their freshman years. I would imagine some of the same kind of transfers are happening in the Auburn/Opelika/Central-Phenix areas

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, corchjay said:

TO further my proof....

look at who is winning for the most part in the state now

Briarwood, St Paul, Madison Academy, McGill-Toolen,  USM-Wright, ACA (Tuscaloosa) and so on...

Then you add in the big boys of Hoover, Daphne back in the day, Prattville for a few years, Trussville, Bob Jones and somehow talented middle school players just somehow find their way into those school districts their freshman years. I would imagine some of the same kind of transfers are happening in the Auburn/Opelika/Central-Phenix areas

Not the thread for this topic. Let's stay focused on the championship games & potential AU recruits peeps.

Bo Nix & Pinson Valley play Wetumpka & Kavosiey Smoke tonight at 7 CT. Should be a good one.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not the thread for this topic. Let's stay focused on the championship games & potential AU recruits peeps.

Bo Nix & Pinson Valley play Wetumpka & Kavosiey Smoke tonight at 7 CT. Should be a good one.

What would be the appropriate topic then?

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

My opinions have to do with the qualification of fair play in the AHSAA.  If you are a “private” school (briarwood and St Paul) you can recruit to your school.  However you have to play up 2 divisions in class.  Everyone knows In sports especially in high school if you go out and get a very talented running back and QB you can win on those 2 players alone.  Same goes for a pitcher in baseball or a single player in basketball.  

If you want to recruit, play in a completely separate division is my opinion. 

I was recruited by Dr. Kinard in the 80s to go to Briarwood on a full scholarship to play baseball.  They were same class and same Area as my high school.  However we won 2 state championships during my days the tactics behind it were not “fair play”.  No way could my parents afford the tuition to Briarwood and I wanted to stay with my friends and family at my high school.  I declined but would have been a huge asset to their baseball and football teams.

Doesn't St. Paul's have to move to 6A next year?  

14 minutes ago, corchjay said:

What would be the appropriate topic then?

The appropriate topics for the thread are stated in the first line....The championship games themselves & potential AU recruits in them. If you want to talk about high schools recruiting players then create a thread for it.

Symon Smith, 5'5" 143 lbs, of UMS-Wright is impressive. Only a sophomore. Already has 130 yds on 19 carries in the first half. UMS-Wright up on Fayette Co. 21-0. Two minutes remaining 1st Half.

1 minute ago, aufan57 said:

Symon Smith, 5'5" 143 lbs, of UMS-Wright is impressive. Only a sophomore. Already has 130 yds on 19 carries in the first half. UMS-Wright up on Fayette Co. 21-0. Two minutes remaining 1st Half.

"Can't coach speed"...  Absolute truth.  1 reason I can't wait for Worm to get in O&B

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

"Can't coach speed"...  Absolute truth.  1 reason I can't wait for Worm to get in O&B

Last night I was watching YouTube videos of Onterio McCalebb from 2010. His speed and quickness from the RB position, complemented Newton and Dyer. And yes, 170 lb McCalebb was used as a RUNNING BACK by OC Gus Malzahn.

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Bo has thrown two picks tonight

after having only thrown 2 all season. they still will win. He is going to kill it in the second half.

Number 18 for pinson has made a couple of really good plays, looks like a long tall CB. Announcers said he’s a freshman. I looked him up,G.  Mckinstry,  6’1” 170 lbs. you heard it here first!

1 hour ago, ClarkGriswold said:

Number 18 for pinson has made a couple of really good plays, looks like a long tall CB. Announcers said he’s a freshman. I looked him up,G.  Mckinstry,  6’1” 170 lbs. you heard it here first!

Also caused a fumble didn't he? I'm intrigued myself but I could only listen to the game at work so I don't know what he looks like...height, weight,  speed.

2 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

Also caused a fumble didn't he? I'm intrigued myself but I could only listen to the game at work so I don't know what he looks like...height, weight,  speed.

The game is embedded 6 posts up anytime you want to watch the replay.

12 hours ago, corchjay said:

Great adjustments by Patrick Nix at the half.  Bo throws some really good balls.  He has some swag as well but hopefully he continues to mature a little.  

But can he paint pictures with his balls?  That’s what we really want to know.  

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

The game is embedded 6 posts up anytime you want to watch the replay.

I actually used the link to listen last night. Just one of those deals where I'm only allowed to listen to games at my office but I will be going back to view a few of these games. Thanks for embedding these!

4 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

But can he paint pictures with his balls?  That’s what we really want to know.  

Maybe a Pollock...

10 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Bo Nix paints pictures with David Pollock?!?!  I didn’t know. ?‍♂️

I was thinking David Pollock might paint pictures with his balls. He’s such a tool, seems like a thing he might do?

Archived