Ole Miss being raided

AU64

On 12/7/2017 at 3:58 PM, lionheartkc said:

That's how I understand it. May be worth it.

Patterson is one of the players who is petitioning the NCAA to play next season. We'll see how it plays out. But you're right, it may be worth it either way. He'd be a redshirt junior in 2019.

On 12/7/2017 at 2:34 PM, AuGrad2004 said:

Unless the players are seniors they still have to sit out a year correct?

Patterson and apparently other players are petitioning the NCAA for immediate eligibility.  All the talking heads seem to think that the NCAA will be inclined to grant these petitions.

3 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Patterson and apparently other players are petitioning the NCAA for immediate eligibility.  All the talking heads seem to think that the NCAA will be inclined to grant these petitions.

The NCAA will open a can of worms they don't want if they allow immediate eligibility to undergrad transfers.  These players were told a hundred times to commit to a school not a coach.  There are coaches fired every year.  There have been very few undergrad transfers allowed immediate eligibility.  Why should these get preferential treatment?  

11 hours ago, around4ever said:

The NCAA will open a can of worms they don't want if they allow immediate eligibility to undergrad transfers.  These players were told a hundred times to commit to a school not a coach.  There are coaches fired every year.  There have been very few undergrad transfers allowed immediate eligibility.  Why should these get preferential treatment?  

The argument is being made that the school misled them about the severity of the possible sanctions and they had nothing to worry about....well, not much at least.    

Might or might not be true.....but in my case at least, I was surprised at how hard they got hit on the schollys which was about the next thing to a death penalty......a form of slow starvation rather than an actual execution. 

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

The argument is being made that the school misled them about the severity of the possible sanctions and they had nothing to worry about....well, not much at least.    

Might or might not be true.....but in my case at least, I was surprised at how hard they got hit on the schollys which was about the next thing to a death penalty......a form of slow starvation rather than an actual execution. 

Ole Miss went after bammer and was beating them at their own game. This is their punishment for it.

On 12/11/2017 at 12:53 PM, Tigerbelle said:

He might regret that decision when he gets up there. It is bitterly cold for almost 9 months out of the year and it's....Michigan. I hope it's worth the big change he's making.

You're absolutely correct.  

I won't go north of Nashville unless someone is paying me.  

16 hours ago, around4ever said:

I would say it is the NCAA sanctions and not the coach getting fired that they are using to try and get the preferential treatment. Personally i say let them transfer and play immediately. If a school breaks the rules and gets punished for it why should the players take the brunt of the hit? If they want to go go and if they want to stay for "their" school then great. A lot of the Penn State players stuck it out and they were rewarded when most of the penalties were rescinded. Not apples to apples comparison but pretty close

1 hour ago, AUFlyer99 said:

You're absolutely correct.  

I won't go north of Nashville unless someone is paying me.  

That is not a good enough reason....I tried Virginia and it's not worth it....

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

That is not a good enough reason....I tried Virginia and it's not worth it....

I don't have much of a choice in my line of work.  

33 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I don't have much of a choice in my line of work.  

Me neither but I was gone soon as I could do so......only to NC...and after this weekend it looks like that was not enough...?

Not sure if Patterson is the guy, but Harbaugh is a good QB away from having a really good team at Michigan. I can't argue the numbers but I still think Harbaugh is a top level coach.

21 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Ole Miss went after bammer and was beating them at their own game. This is their punishment for it.

Ole Miss went after everyone.  Hugh Freeze had the exact same record of 2-3 vs AU/LSU/UAT in his 5 yr stint as HC.  He went head to head for the nations top talent and the NCAA said the reports and complaints came from schools outside the SEC.  

Their punishment is justified.  Under his watch, they operated an elaborate Booster/player/recruit scheme for years where nearly 50 recruits/players and over a dozen Boosters ran rogue.  The entire operation was facilitated and administered by their Asst Athletic Director who pulled the strings, made the introductions, and managed the network from the core of the Athletic Department.  One of our very own players got pulled into their web of activity,  and succumbed to enticements and accepted impermissible benefits in exchange for his LOI. 

2 hours ago, keesler said:

Ole Miss went after everyone.  Hugh Freeze had the exact same record of 2-3 vs AU/LSU/UAT in his 5 yr stint as HC.  He went head to head for the nations top talent and the NCAA said the reports and complaints came from schools outside the SEC.  

Their punishment is justified.  Under his watch, they operated an elaborate Booster/player/recruit scheme for years where nearly 50 recruits/players and over a dozen Boosters ran rogue.  The entire operation was facilitated and administered by their Asst Athletic Director who pulled the strings, made the introductions, and managed the network from the core of the Athletic Department.  One of our very own players got pulled into their web of activity,  and succumbed to enticements and accepted impermissible benefits in exchange for his LOI. 

They did nothing that bammer hasn't done for the last 50 years. You are one of those who continues to deny and excuse what has really gone on in the SEC for decades. There are those of us who know differently. Until bammer gets slammed for what they do then it is very hypocritical to slam Ole Miss as hard as they have. And I can guarantee you that had bammer beat Ole Miss in those games, and for those recruits then things would have gone a little easier in Oxford. The rot in bammer football is entrenched in the state of Alabama and it includes government influence as well. You have no idea how naïve you are. The NCAA has become a huge joke and any justification they make is a hollow one. I know what I witnessed, and I know what a close friend experienced and I know that the  bammer  machine is twice as dirty as Ole Miss tried to be under Hugh Freeze. But you just go on thinking what you want. However I would suggest that you read Donald Watkins posts about how the REC works its magic. You might learn something.

20 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

They did nothing that bammer hasn't done for the last 50 years. You are one of those who continues to deny and excuse what has really gone on in the SEC for decades. There are those of us who know differently. Until bammer gets slammed for what they do then it is very hypocritical to slam Ole Miss as hard as they have. And I can guarantee you that had bammer beat Ole Miss in those games, and for those recruits then things would have gone a little easier in Oxford. The rot in bammer football is entrenched in the state of Alabama and it includes government influence as well. You have no idea how naïve you are. The NCAA has become a huge joke and any justification they make is a hollow one. I know what I witnessed, and I know what a close friend experienced and I know that the  bammer  machine is twice as dirty as Ole Miss tried to be under Hugh Freeze. But you just go on thinking what you want. However I would suggest that you read Donald Watkins posts about how the REC works its magic. You might learn something.

I have never denied that cheating has always occurred and I'm not so naive to think that it's not going on right now.  I know cheating occurs in EVERY program in multiple sports all across the country and is undoubtedly more concentrated in the SEC/ACC regions. 

I do however,  have serious doubts that the bammer machine has their Assistant Athletic Director orchestrating and introducing recruits/players to over a dozen Boosters while they simultaneously use their company cell phones, emails, and the school owned hotel to run their cheating operations.  OleMiss got sloppy in a big way, Hugh Freeze turned a blind eye as he occupied himself by preaching from the pulpit about doing the right thing.  He begged people to report him to the NCAA and at least 3 programs outside the SEC did exactly that.

I personally have no interest in reading about the magic of the REC or educating myself on how the bammer machine operates.  I've found myself too busy this year reading up and learning about the numerous issues within my own school's athletics.  

Auburn currently finds itself starring down at a plate full of stinking rot in their Athletic Department with the multiple investigations into multiple sports programs.  Not to mention the damn FBI investigation into the illicit/criminal activities that were carried by our own Auburn brothers/sisters.   If we have a  "machine" it's in bad need of an overhaul because it's been malfunctioning on too many levels for far too long. 

I have great sympathy for President Leath and what he walked into, not to mention what's on the horizon as he works to somehow, someway sell "Auburn Athletics" to potential candidates in and effort to replace Jay Jacobs.  

keesler you would be wrong about the bammer boosters. And if you have no interest in learning the truth about bammer...... maybe you need to just be quiet on the subject. You have no idea what you're talking about but you still want to argue about it and claim that bammer is no worse than other schools. That is absolutely wrong in numerous ways. I don't care if you want to be ignorant about it but do not call me out over and over again when you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Auburn has never,ever had a machine and the issues facing the AD are not a result of anything done by a group like the REC. You just don't comprehend the scope and power of the REC and what they do. Like I said...you are extremely naive.

My family members have been Auburn boosters for DECADES and they have NEVER provided any athlete with anything and that includes Eric Ramsey who came calling with his hand out and telling his sob story. 

On 12/11/2017 at 10:53 AM, Tigerbelle said:

He might regret that decision when he gets up there. It is bitterly cold for almost 9 months out of the year and it's....Michigan. I hope it's worth the big change he's making.

It's overrated. When you play ? and have guys trying to take your head off, not many people care about the weather. Plus they practice indoors, and play during the day at UM. In the south its hot and humid 9 months out of the year and alot of people don't like that weather either. 

The scholarship limitations were self-imposed. Those didn’t come from the COI. The only additional penalty was the second year bowl ban. These guys jumping ship are just being opportunistic. 

4 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

The scholarship limitations were self-imposed. Those didn’t come from the COI. The only additional penalty was the second year bowl ban. These guys jumping ship are just being opportunistic. 

Could be....but like an old time "run" on a bank....once it got started it was hard to stop and facts did not do much to help stem the tide. 

Archived