Future look of SEC

aubaseball

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 8:20 PM, aujeff11 said:

u

That would be a gauntlet for the south division....

You need to place LSU in the other division and leave us where we are.

I am not a smart guy but I know this:

with our record, we would have won the SEC before there were divisions based on W-L.

Our reward for beating bama and UGA?  Play UGA again and give them a 2nd chance.

Georgia's reward for losing to us?  Full scout film their 1's vs our 1's in the game that mattered much more to us- they didn't have to beat us to advance.  

Bama's reward for losing late in the season and not winnning their division? Go the CFB Playoff.

This system is not right.   Very bad... they didn't win their division!!!

Also, time to drop kick this tradition crap!!   We don't need to play UGA and bama  both within 2 or 3 weekends.  Our reward for a great year?  Play the SECE winner the next week!  Why do we want to play probably 3 ranked (or highly ranked opponents) everytime we have a good season

bama isn't saddled with that disadvantage every year

UGA isn't saddled with that disadvantage every year

LSU?  Nope.       UF?   Nope

This is dumb.  And don't argue, "if you're good, you beat good teams."  Injuries were a huge factor in the SEC-CG.  injuries were a huge factor that ended our run in Nov '16, made only worse by bama and UGA practically back to back.  

Play UGA every year, but spread the UGA and bama games out.  I love tradition, but I don't love my calendar more than I want a healthy Auburn team.

The AD needs to fix this mess.   This is right up there with "Birmingham is neutral."  

Dumb, dumb, dumb.  Spread these games out.  Name one other powerhouse that plays their 2 arch rivals and conf championship within 3-4 weeks?  Dumb!

What if we made the UGA game the annual first game of the season? I haven't thought about it too hard but I'd be interested in seeing what pitfalls and advantages the board comes up with with starting the season vs UGA each year.

That's if we want to keep it "locked" at a certain time each year. I don't see why we couldn't just throw them in the schedule like we do LSU and they land wherever they land as long as it's not right before Iron Bowl week

10 hours ago, Beaker said:

I love tradition, but I don't love my calendar more than I want a healthy Auburn team.

The AD needs to fix this mess.   This is right up there with "Birmingham is neutral."  

Dumb, dumb, dumb.  Spread these games out.  Name one other powerhouse that plays their 2 arch rivals and conf championship within 3-4 weeks?  Dumb!

I am just sick of this the more I think about it.   This really is a major disadvantage for Auburn and needs to be corrected by the AD working with the SEC.  

The odds favor UGA and bama every year once you think about it.

7 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What if we made the UGA game the annual first game of the season? I haven't thought about it too hard but I'd be interested in seeing what pitfalls and advantages the board comes up with with starting the season vs UGA each year.

That's if we want to keep it "locked" at a certain time each year. I don't see why we couldn't just throw them in the schedule like we do LSU and they land wherever they land as long as it's not right before Iron Bowl week

you are correct - huge improvement.  

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Good points....and what was it that Spurrier said a number of years ago.....he liked to play Georgia early while some of their players were still on suspension....     Don't know if it worked but seems like a good theory.  :-\

Go back to the original group before Arkansas and SC were added to the conference.

Warriors Div.           Knights Div.

1. Auburn                  1. Ole Miss

2. UT                          2. MSU

3. UF                          3. LSU

4. KY                         4. turds

5. UGA                      5. Vandy         

This way, we purge the teams that really do not belong in our conference while having an equal separation that allows teams to be in the division that makes the most sense. With looking at all factors at hand in order to have the best solution for all teams in the conference, this resolves a lot of issues that were brought on board from teams that have joined the SEC since 1990. We play each team once per season and maybe again for the league title

Will this happen????? No, but hell no!!     Makes too much sense; and anything that makes good sense must be flawed in the eyes those making the decisions.          

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:33 PM, Beaker said:

I am not a smart guy but I know this:

with our record, we would have won the SEC before there were divisions based on W-L.

Our reward for beating bama and UGA?  Play UGA again and give them a 2nd chance.

Georgia's reward for losing to us?  Full scout film their 1's vs our 1's in the game that mattered much more to us- they didn't have to beat us to advance.  

Bama's reward for losing late in the season and not winnning their division? Go the CFB Playoff.

This system is not right.   Very bad... they didn't win their division!!!

Also, time to drop kick this tradition crap!!   We don't need to play UGA and bama  both within 2 or 3 weekends.  Our reward for a great year?  Play the SECE winner the next week!  Why do we want to play probably 3 ranked (or highly ranked opponents) everytime we have a good season

bama isn't saddled with that disadvantage every year

UGA isn't saddled with that disadvantage every year

LSU?  Nope.       UF?   Nope

This is dumb.  And don't argue, "if you're good, you beat good teams."  Injuries were a huge factor in the SEC-CG.  injuries were a huge factor that ended our run in Nov '16, made only worse by bama and UGA practically back to back.  

Play UGA every year, but spread the UGA and bama games out.  I love tradition, but I don't love my calendar more than I want a healthy Auburn team.

Bingo but you left out one important fact.

The only time anything will change is if it gives uat an advantage and if they agree to it.

No way updyke academy would allow the Georgia game to move, that's a huge advantage for them. Get good scouting probably get players hurt and Georgia uat share info on Auburn.

Does uat play Florida, Georgia anymore?

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

Bingo but you left out one important fact.

The only time anything will change is if it gives uat an advantage and if they agree to it.

No way updyke academy would allow the Georgia game to move, that's a huge advantage for them. Get good scouting probably get players hurt and Georgia uat share info on Auburn.

Does uat play Florida, Georgia anymore?

you're right; I forgot the angle of those programs helping each other at our expense.  It is a huge advantage for bama and potentially for uga if we have rematches.  

We are in a bad spot and I don't think people understand that.

Wait what does Bama have anything to do with where we schedule UGA? That is purely between AU and UGA, no? Sure, the conference has to sign off on it Bama can't do anything about where we choose to schedule our permanent cross division rival, right?

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

Wait what does Bama have anything to do with where we schedule UGA? That is purely between AU and UGA, no? Sure, the conference has to sign off on it Bama can't do anything about where we choose to schedule our permanent cross division rival, right?

your adorable

what you see in the window is a lot different than what happens in the basement

The whole SEC schedule needs shaken up top to bottom. This is long overdue. Other conferences change games up without teams getting their undies in mega wads.  I would love to play the mutts lets say in early October one year and late September the next year.

I have always thought that a lot of traditions are nothing more than a bunch of neurotic tendencies established by and painstakingly taken care of by some folks who  will lose it all if their precious neurotic tendencies are changed in any possible way.

I love to see things shaken up from top to bottom here and there and this is one area that could use a lot of shaking up and purging in order to have a much better finished product in the end! I hope this makes sense in the sometimes I lose myself and train of thought!

Archived