Does Pruitt Leaving Bama for UT Effect AU Recruiting

toddc

Does Pruitt leaving Alabama have any effect on QWalker to the good guys? Or any other players we’re after?

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Does Pruitt leaving Alabama have any effect on QWalker to the good guys? Or any other players we’re after?

Potentially. Quay Walker, Andres Fox, JJ Peterson, and Jalyn Amour-Davis. More likely Quay and Andres Fox though. 

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Potentially. Quay Walker, Andres Fox, JJ Peterson, and Jalyn Amour-Davis. More likely Quay and Andres Fox though. 

Ahh, but now does that help us or help Tenn?

2 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Ahh, but now does that help us or help Tenn?

If Prospt gets the job at Tennessee JJ Peterson will 100% go to there. JAD is probably pretty solid at Bama, Andres Fox is honestly probably silently committed to us which is why it seems that Bama has started looking at other options at SDE, and if Pruitt takes Derrick Ansley with him, it helps us with Quay the most. There are rumors Quay doesn't like Pruitt fwiw. 

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:43 PM, au_bsci_04 said:

Lindsey was in ATL visiting Emory Jones today. EJ was on campus for the UGA and Bama games. I know we've been recruiting him and have discussed a 2nd QB for this class, so don't know if this has anything to do with JG or not.

Here is a good article by SEC Country on Emory Jones.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-recruiting-emory-jones-gus-malzahn-ohio-state

2 minutes ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

Brenton Cox just DEcommitted from Urban Cryer... were we ever really  in it for this guy? If so, do we have a shot now?

Nah, UGA probably.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

If Prospt gets the job at Tennessee JJ Peterson will 100% go to there.

I don't think it's 100% or close to it. AU has become a big factor as well.

I’ve only heard good things about QW.  This can’t hurt our chances.   Would we make room for QW AND JJP if they both wanted in?

It would be crazy AUsome, but highly unlikely, for this to have an impact on JAD. It is a well known fact that Davis’ belong at AU.  

15 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Would we make room for QW AND JJP if they both wanted in?

With only 7 spots left in the class & needs at other positions like 2 OL, 1-2 DL, 1-2 CBs, 1 TE, 0-1 QBs, 0-1 Ps, & 1-2 WRs AU does not have room to take both. It would be 1st come, 1st serve.

3 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

I wonder if we put a late full-court press on Armour-Davis...or maybe that train has sailed.

Probably sailed. I do not believe  we have communicated with him in months. 

3 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

I wonder if we put a late full-court press on Armour-Davis...or maybe that train has sailed.

A sailing train would be cool!!

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

With only 7 spots left in the class & needs at other positions like 2 OL, 1-2 DL, 1-2 CBs, 1 TE, 0-1 QBs, 0-1 Ps, & 1-2 WRs AU does not have room to take both. It would be 1st come, 1st serve.

Why do we need a TE?

What do those do?

39 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Why do we need a TE?

What do those do?

Many things catching wise if you have 1 that can do it.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Many things catching wise if you have 1 that can do it.

1?

1 coach that will make plays to throw to them?

1 system that's set up  for the TE to actually go out for passes?

I hear you.

I hope as Gus continues to grow he learns to use 1 of these.  Right now, I am amazed that any decent TE's will even look at us.

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

1 coach that will make plays to throw to them?

Problem when you don't have a guy on roster to use in that role. Remember Landon Rice was supposed to be that guy but got kicked out of AU. Jalen is & always was a blocking TE for the O.

3 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

1 system that's set up  for the TE to actually go out for passes?

Again we would if we had 1 to do it.

47 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Speaking of LR, any updates on his situation? 

At MGCCC & eligible in 2019. Not an AU target. No offers at this time from other schools either.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:00 AM, ClaytonAU said:

If Prospt gets the job at Tennessee JJ Peterson will 100% go to there. JAD is probably pretty solid at Bama, Andres Fox is honestly probably silently committed to us which is why it seems that Bama has started looking at other options at SDE, and if Pruitt takes Derrick Ansley with him, it helps us with Quay the most. There are rumors Quay doesn't like Pruitt fwiw. 

If Rush goes to UT, 100% JJ goes somewhere else.

New NCAA rules forbid signing anyone for 2 years after hiring a coach from a HS. So nobody from Colquit County could sign with UT for the next 2 yrs.

17 minutes ago, 85355 said:

If Rush goes to UT, 100% JJ goes somewhere else.

New NCAA rules forbid signing anyone for 2 years after hiring a coach from a HS. So nobody from Colquit County could sign with UT for the next 2 yrs.

That rule applies only if the coach is hired as an analyst or any other support staff position, not for full time coordinators or position coaches. If Propst goes to UT as a QB coach or another offensive position grouping JJP can follow him to UT.

Archived