Franken Resigns

Proud Tiger

Proud, you should edit your thread title.  Franken did NOT resign.  He gave a lengthy diatribe explaining why he hadn't done anything wrong and that he would resign in a few weeks, so he still works as a Senator for an indeterminate time.

Just now, Elephant Tipper said:

Proud, you should edit your thread title.  Franken did NOT resign.  He gave a lengthy diatribe explaining why he hadn't done anything wrong and that he would resign in a few weeks, so he still works as a Senator for an indeterminate time.

End of the session, I imagine. Franks is doing the same thing. 

9 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

End of the session, I imagine. Franks is doing the same thing. 

What's the matter with these people ?  I read about Franks after your post and he's discussing surrogacy with his staff ?  I'm assuming that this means he was wanting one or the other or both to carry his baby.  Is this correct ?

Is there something in D.C.'s water ?

1 minute ago, Elephant Tipper said:

What's the matter with these people ?  I read about Franks after your post and he's discussing surrogacy with his staff ?  I'm assuming that this means he was wanting one or the other or both to carry his baby.  Is this correct ?

Is there something in D.C.'s water ?

That's the charitable interpretation. Gut instinct tells me he compared turkey basters and "the old fashioned way" as part of his sales pitch

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

had to get his little President Trump jab in during his whatever speech

He's not wrong. 

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yes he is BB

Hardly. The Rs ceded the moral high ground on this one. I'm not the only one who thinks that:

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

cede "moral high ground" Rs or Ds. In DC laughable BB

Hell of a cop out. 

50 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Hardly. The Rs ceded the moral high ground on this one. I'm not the only one who thinks that:

Democrats only waited until there were 5 or 6 accusers before they started to put serious pressure on Franken. And Franken is only resigning because he's being forced to not because he thinks he should. He already made that clear by taking shots at Trump.

Democrats look better than Republicans at the moment but I'd hardly be acting like they have moral high ground. You can't just erase the Bill Clinton presidency by forcing Franken to step down after he was accused with evidence of sexual misconduct. 

Also, there's been some Democrats and liberals that have spoke highly of Franken even though he's been embattled and has now resigned. They couldn't just harp on the negatives like they do when it's a Republican and call them evil people. No, they they have to make sure that the public knows that since Franken was a Democrat that he was a good Senator. 

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

Hell of a cop out. 

It's amazing that you and others on here and in the national media have spent so much time bashing folks in Alabama for still supporting Roy Moore but haven't said a word about folks in Minnesota that still supported Franken. It's pretty obvious why though. Alabama is Trump country. They're an easy target for ridicule. But Minnesota is much more liberal and progressive. So it's not as easy to go after those folks that think more like you do. 

In fact, Minnesota's other Senator never actually came out and called for Franken to resign.......... At least Alabama's other Senator, Richard Shelby, came out and said he wouldn't vote for Roy Moore or even support him if he did win. That's more than what Minnesota's other Senator did.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/06/minnesota-prepares-for-al-franken-to-resign-but-will-he/

Minnesota’s other U.S. senator, Amy Klobuchar, a close Franken ally and fellow Democrat, was noticeably absent from the list of those calling for his resignation. Her office released the following statement from Minnesota state director Ben Hill: “Senator Klobuchar personally spoke with Senator Franken this morning. As has been reported, he will be making an announcement tomorrow morning.”

12 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Democrats only waited until there were 5 or 6 accusers before they started to put serious pressure on Franken. And Franken is only resigning because he's being forced to not because he thinks he should. He already made that clear by taking shots at Trump.

Democrats look better than Republicans at the moment but I'd hardly be acting like they have moral high ground. You can't just erase the Bill Clinton presidency by forcing Franken to step down after he was accused with evidence of sexual misconduct. 

Also, there's been some Democrats and liberals that have spoke highly of Franken even though he's been embattled and has now resigned. They couldn't just harp on the negatives like they do when it's a Republican and call them evil people. No, they they have to make sure that the public knows that since Franken was a Democrat that he was a good Senator. 

Christ what a bunch of bull****. Bill isn't running for anything and isn't in office, the Dems accused so far are out of office, and Franken agreed to cooperate in an investigation while Trump and Moore call the women liars.

Disgusted as I am with the Democratic Party vis-a-vis Franken, they have the high ground. Democrats waited far too long. But it still matters that they did the right thing in the end, even if it may have been for the wrong reasons.

6 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

It's amazing that you and others on here and in the national media have spent so much time bashing folks in Alabama for still supporting Roy Moore but haven't said a word about folks in Minnesota that still supported Franken. It's pretty obvious why though. Alabama is Trump country. They're an easy target for ridicule. But Minnesota is much more liberal and progressive. So it's not as easy to go after those folks that think more like you do. 

Pardon me, but I've been calling for his resignation from day one. Go look at the other thread. 

In fact, Minnesota's other Senator never actually came out and called for Franken to resign.......... At least Alabama's other Senator, Richard Shelby, came out and said he wouldn't vote for Roy Moore or even support him if he did win. That's more than what Minnesota's other Senator did.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/06/minnesota-prepares-for-al-franken-to-resign-but-will-he/

And look at the rest of the GOP, back in his corner. Laughable. 

7 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Christ what a bunch of bull****. Bill isn't running for anything and isn't in office, the Dems accused so far are out of office, and Franken agreed to cooperate in an investigation while Trump and Moore call the women liars.

Disgusted as I am with the Democratic Party vis-a-vis Franken, they have the high ground. Democrats waited far too long. But it still matters that they did the right thing in the end, even if it may have been for the wrong reasons.

It's ironic that you were speaking about cop outs because that is a cop out. Democrats have propped up Bill Clinton for 2 decades. He's only been hanging around the Democratic party and speaking at the Democratic National Convention for every election since he's been out of office. Don't act like the Democrats have been aggressively confronting their own every time one of them did something wrong. 

The NJ Senator Bob Menendez still hasn't resigned even though was indicted on corruption charges. Yes his trial ended in a mistrial but do you think that should be good enough reason for him to not resign?

8 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

It's ironic that you were speaking about cop outs because that is a cop out. Democrats have propped up Bill Clinton for 2 decades. He's only been hanging around the Democratic party and speaking at the Democratic National Convention for every election since he's been out of office. Don't act like the Democrats have been aggressively confronting their own every time one of them did something wrong. 

The NJ Senator Bob Menendez still hasn't resigned even though was indicted on corruption charges. Yes his trial ended in a mistrial but do you think that should be good enough reason for him to not resign?

You don't give a damn about values or standards, just power and hating the Libs.

41 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Pardon me, but I've been calling for his resignation from day one. Go look at the other thread.

I noticed you didn't address specifically what I said. I mentioned that you and others have been bashing folks in Alabama for praising or supporting Roy Moore but haven't done the same with Franken. You've given folks in Minnesota a pass for supporting Franken and haven't called people out that were praising Franken.

Yes you said you were comfortable with Franken resigning but you also praised Franken and said he was doing a good job. All the praise that Franken's gotten before and after he resigned have been bull****

2 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Hardly. I find your whataboutisms laughable is all. We've had a cultural shift where such behavior is now unacceptable. Dems are calling for resignations now, and actually getting them. The GOP? Can't have a dem in the Senate, oh no. Gotta get behind the ephebophile running for the Senate and the admitted predator (locker room talk!) currently serving as POTUS. 

2 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Simply put, nobody cares. He's flying under the radar (unless you're being fed whataboutisms by Fox noise). It's out of the spotlight and it’s boring compared to the current (well founded) crusade against sexual assault and harrassment. People are a more interested in catching predators than worrying about a Senator playing footsie with a hooker or three and regular everyday DC corruption. He'll get his if he's guilty.

10 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I noticed you didn't address specifically what I said. I mentioned that you and others have been bashing folks in Alabama for praising or supporting Roy Moore but haven't done the same with Franken. You've given folks in Minnesota a pass for supporting Franken and haven't called people out that were praising Franken.

Yes you said you were comfortable with Franken resigning but you also praised Franken and said he was doing a good job. All the praise that Franken's gotten before and after he resigned have been bull****

Moore is all this high ground BS is about 91.....simple 

11 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Well, for one, I live here. For another, yeah, **** anyone that thinks he should remain in office after this pattern of predatory behavior has been revealed.

Wow you completely missed the point there. It's hardly bull****. 

It makes me sad on a lot of levels. I think he was doing all the right things as a Senator but his past behavior cannot be washed away by his present. Stepping down was absolutely necessary. 

9 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Well, for one, I live here. For another, yeah, **** anyone that thinks he should remain in office after this pattern of predatory behavior has been revealed.

Wow you completely missed the point there. It's hardly bull****. 

It makes me sad on a lot of levels. I think he was doing all the right things as a Senator but his past behavior cannot be washed away by his present. Stepping down was absolutely necessary. 

Ben, he has not resigned yet, officially. He may have a change of heart

Archived