Coe and Bryant all-sec freshman team

aubiefifty

Two Auburn Players Make Coaches All-SEC Freshman Football Team

A pair of Auburn Tigers were honored on Thursday by the SEC's football coaches.

Nick Coe was in on five tackles in Auburn's victory over Alabama. (Photo: Inside the Auburn Tigers/AUTigers.com, Scout.com)

Auburn, Ala.--A pair of Auburn defensive linemen have been selected to the Coaches Freshman All-SEC Football team that was announced on Thursday.

Nick Coe, who played defensive end and tackle, was honored along with end Big Kat Bryant.

Coe played in all 13 games for the 10-3 Tigers, the SEC West champions. He made 15 solo tackles with 14 assists. He had 4 1/2 tackles for 23 yards in losses and was credited with two sacks. Coe, who redshirted in 2016, has six quarterback hurries and one pass deflection.

6_7935086.jpg
Markaviest "Big Kat" Bryant has one game remaining in his first collegiate season. (Photo: Inside the Auburn Tigers/AUTigers.com, Scout.com)

Bryant played in 11 games and made four solo tackles with one assist. He has two of the team’s 36 quarterback sacks and forced a fumble.

Coe, Bryant and their teammates will close the season on New Year’s Day vs. unbeaten Central Florida in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl in Atlanta.

2017 SEC All-Freshman Team 

OFFENSE

Tight End

Albert Okwuegbunam, Missouri

Offensive Line

Trey Smith, Tennessee

Andrew Thomas, Georgia

Solomon Kindley, Georgia

Saahdiq Charles, LSU

Center

Trystan Castillo, Missouri

WR

D.K. Metcalf, Ole Miss

Jhamon Ausbon, Texas A&M      

Quarterback

Jake Fromm, Georgia

Running Back

D’Andre Swift, Georgia

Malik Davis, Florida

All Purpose

Larry Rountree III, Missouri

DEFENSE

Line

Nick Coe, Auburn

K’Lavon Chaisson, LSU

Big Kat Bryant, Auburn

Tre Williams, Missouri

Linebacker

Dylan Moses, Alabama

Erroll Thompson, Mississippi State

Anthony Hines III, Texas A&M

SECONDARY

Greedy Williams, LSU

CJ Henderson, Florida

Marco Wilson, Florida

Jamyest Williams, South Carolina

SPECIAL TEAMS

Kicker

Jace Christmann, Mississippi State

Punter

Zach Von Rosenberg, LSU

Returner

Henry Ruggs III, Alabama*

Lynn Bowden, Kentucky*

Larry Rountree III, Missouri*

De'Vion Warren, Arkansas*

(* - Ties )

Coe isn't a surprise but Bryant is to me. And a very pleasant one. I have absolutely nothing critical to say about his level of play, because I just wasn't paying attention to him. Very glad to know that he got the attention of others, though. 

I think its more of who you see that can be replaced. They arent not starting Dylan Moses. I heard this Miss St fella was pretty good too. Moultry might've been a beast but there were some beast LBs this year in conference 

Will never understand how T.D. Moultry did not make the all-sec-freshman team, but Rodney Garner has bigger accomplishments planned for T.D. 

https://auburn.247sports.com/Article/How-Auburns-coaching-staff-fast-tracked-TD-Moultrys-success--112105799/Amp?__twitter_impression=true

Archived