Let it SNOW!!!!!!!

doc4aday

Every winter when it snows, we have a lot of fun reporting amounts as well as the fun and aggravation that can come with the white stuff. As I sit here at 3055 feet above sea level, we have 6 inches on the ground and expecting another 6 plus inches.

I live in the mountains of Western NC in good old Transylvania County NC, 25 miles SW of Asheville.

As long as the power stays on.....Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Believe it or not it is snowing in Turd town today.  If you watch the live feeds from the AL State Championship thread you can see it.  This is a huge anomaly.  In fact they said earlier that it had never before snowed there during the state playoffs.  

Outside of that, we have no snow in Decatur, AL and will likely not see much if any all winter.  YEAH YEAH!

4-5 inches in east central Alabama....still snowing and will continue into the evening. Beautiful. 

2 inches here in Tryon....33-34 degrees so guess it won't hang around too long

1 hour ago, Mr.Gump said:

No snow down in Mobile...But, lord have mercy it is cold...whew!

Nothing but sprinkles , wrecks and fires today. Damn shame I had to be on shift today. Hope it doesn't turn into ice storm like we had a few years ago. 

4 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Nothing but sprinkles , wrecks and fires today. Damn shame I had to be on shift today. Hope it doesn't turn into ice storm like we had a few years ago. 

There a lot of people who are thankful for you guys...bear down.

My Corgi tried to run in the snow and got stuck!  Had to go into 9 inches a few moments ago and get him out. It was funny watching him bob up and down trying to maneuver. He got into a deep area that was up to his ears. He loves snow and is a snow plow of sorts! He is a 7 year old tri color rescue dude called Bubba-Max

Y'all, what a day!  Right on the cusp this am, our superintendent chose not to cancel. But we got the early release announcement plus a barrage of others three hours in...with a Grand Central Station-office-full of Garden Patch Kindergarten parents and grands ready to help us build gingerbread houses, just as planned. By God's grace, we did it in an hour, scarfed lunch, and went home by 11:30, minus the last one I drive home myself (with parental permission...parents work out of town). Pic taken outside our front door, into second movie with husband and awaiting Indian masala tea to finish simmering. Life is good...blessed and War Eagle from Deatsville, Alabama!! 

20171208_151309.jpg

5 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

There a lot of people who are thankful for you guys...bear down.

My pleasure,  aside from the pay it's the best job in the world. Good thing I planned well and got engaged to a financial advisor...lol. 

12 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

So grateful to you!!  Thank you for all you do, and prayers for your safety.

16 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

My pleasure,  aside from the pay it's the best job in the world. Good thing I planned well and got engaged to a financial advisor...lol. 

What do you do?

51 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

We got nothing in Nashville...  ;(

And I'm thankful we didn't!  Way too cold

Archived