Let it SNOW!!!!!!!

doc4aday

6 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

I just left Dickson, Tn. yesterday after a week of training, and came home to Alabama to 5 inches of snow today ( I should have stayed in Tennessee one more day).

Most of my relatives live within 30 minutes of Dickson!  What kind of training did you do, if you don't mind my asking?  Love Middle Tennessee!  Can't believe we finally have snow and they don't!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We tried to go to San Antonio last night and had to divert to Houston due to snow induced low visibility.  It was snowing on us when we landed but the clouds were high and viz good enough to land visually.  

We had a couple of inches of snow on the airplane this morning though, and good luck deicing in Houston....  

I live in Huntsville and my wife said we got none.  I'd bet that changes between now and the end of February though....  Seems like it's going to be a cold winter.  

Woke to 4 inches of it this morning......OK....that was exciting.....so time for it to go away now.?

1 hour ago, MaxP said:

Snowed at the beach!!!

Gulf Shores

20171209_062708.jpg

Got a dusting near Marlow, as well.

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Would’ve enjoyed it, had it not knocked my power out for 18 hours and counting.

We're in the same boat, power went out yesterday evening, came on at 5:00 this morning and back out at 7:00 and still down.  We took on about a foot of snow here in NW metro Atlanta.  First time I've seen Colorado powder in Georgia, so no problems with ice...yet.

39 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

We're in the same boat, power went out yesterday evening, came on at 5:00 this morning and back out at 7:00 and still down.  We took on about a foot of snow here in NW metro Atlanta.  First time I've seen Colorado powder in Georgia, so no problems with ice...yet.

Doesn’t seem to be problems with ice here either, we got 8+.

Mt. Cheaha got 17 plus between last night and yesterday. 

22 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Mt. Cheaha got 17 plus between last night and yesterday. 

Such a beautiful place.....Mt. Cheaha. I'm sure it's stunning covered in snow. 

18 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Most of my relatives live within 30 minutes of Dickson!  What kind of training did you do, if you don't mind my asking?  Love Middle Tennessee!  Can't believe we finally have snow and they don't!

I was in IATF Internal Auditor training; they changed the standard so I had to get a refresher on the changes; I enjoyed Dickson, and there were some great eating places, especially when the company is paying.

some really cool pics!  I need to post some that my wife took of our Corgi plowing his way through 14 inches of the white stuff. The stuff has is ugly side though. I live on the side of a mountain and have a downhill driveway. I have to shovel the stuff so that we can get down the mountain.  I found out about Yax-Trax that go on your shoes to give you traction when walking on snow and ice, that are life savers when navigating on snow and ice. Without these, I fall all over the place!  I had a mild concussion 4 years ago when I lost footing and fell down hard. I will never do that again!

1 hour ago, JMassie11 said:

Got 13in of snow in Dallas Ga

I feel bad with only 4 inches of snow...but most of it is still around since our high temp since then was in the upper 30s and anything not directly hit by the sun is still pretty much where it fell.     At least roads are OK... 

Archived