Baker Mayfield wins Heisman

jared52

8 minutes ago, jared52 said:

If anyone who wouldn’t vote for Cam voted for Mayfield in this landslide victory, they should be removed from voting.

I’m just glad the cop tackled him that hard. Baker taunted our defense all game and I was praying that we would tackle him merely once.

I had visions of the AU defensive line pounding this loudmouth into oblivion in the playoffs. Now I have no choice but to root for him. What a total cluster of a playoff for AU fans.

45 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

A big "who cares" for BMW winning the Heisman. He probably is the best player, but he doesnt really represent a Heisman man.  IMHO

I agree.  He's another Johnny Manziel.  It'll be interesting to see how far he'll make it in the NFL with his attitude.

Didn't see the presentation but it appears that he wore a warm-up suit to the event from the pics I've seen. I'm old school but could he not find a coat and tie somewhere? I guess if he had played for Bama he could have gotten one from T-town Menswear. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Didn't see the presentation but it appears that he wore a warm-up suit to the event from the pics I've seen. I'm old school but could he not find a coat and tie somewhere? I guess if he had played for Bama he could have gotten one from T-town Menswear. 

He didn't wear a warm-up suit he had a nice suit on like everybody else.  The warm-up suit pics are when he was on CBS during the Army/Navy game and both Lamar and Bryce were in casual clothes also.   Baker was very humble in his speech.

Just now, ScubaSteve said:

He didn't wear a warm-up suit he had a nice suit on like everybody else.  The warm-up suit pics are when he was on CBS during the Army/Navy game and both Lamar and Bryce were in casual clothes also.   Baker was very humble in his speech.

Thanks. The ones with the warm-up suits we're all that I have seen. Watched SC this morning and it showed same pics. 

There is no "Heisman man" qualification.....lots of  guys winning the award in recent years has some blots on them.....and I'm betting if you go back a way, you will find it on others who played back in the day when the media did not follow them as closely and publish everything they knew...or thought they knew about the players.  

If you look back at the list of award winners it's a strange award and for sure, does not project forward toward future football success.   Just looked at the list and a good percent never started an NFL game and more than one has spent some time in jail. 

Give the guy a break.  He is clearly the best player in the college game today and has his team in the playoffs which is a major factor...otherwise,  Jackson might have won again based on his personal stats. 

Archived