Numbers getting VERY tight Updated

NorthGATiger

I did not realize it until Ellitor mentioned it but man the numbers are extremely tight right now.  Seven spots left.  If we take the punter that leaves six.  If we have a silent then that leaves 5.  We for sure are in need of CB, OL, TE, and another QB if we can swing one.  That does not leave room for many take regardless type of players unless you whiff on your positions of need.  I think there are a lot of guys many of us are wishing would sign here that are on the outside looking in.  On OL it may be Tre Hill or nothing.  Without Luke do we even offer another TE?  It seems like we offer guys that don't have much of a chance at contributing at TE anyway.  Landon Rice hasn't exactly tore it up in JUCO.  I must say at this point my biggest disappointment has been CB recruiting this year.  Looks like our plan was JAD or bust.  A stud at that position would have been a great get this year.  From reading the board it now looks like we are searching all of the cracks and crevices for any leftovers.  I'm not a huge fan of recruiting CB/S types and hoping they can fill the void one way or the other.  I prefer to look at them as two completely different skill sets where not many kids can be great at both.  Maybe Bird can chime in on his thoughts of what he likes regarding true corners and true Safeties.  If we somehow swung JJ and Quay at the LB position that also fills the numbers up very quickly.

I am saying 5 or 6 spots left who do we take or who is wanting to come here

****Looks like we are down to 5 spots**** 

Ross As of now looks like Clemson or Bama
Schwartz Looks good
Quay  Have no clue
JJ Peterson  Longshot
Tre Hill  Scratch him off the list.  We need Elite guys. Most of all if we fail we don't need them going to UGA.  Double kick in the nads!

Ola commits to the good guys
Luke or Watson or Matt Alaimo
QB- Ship has sailed
CB- Hope we get Benji
Andres Fox- Looks like Stanford could be heavily in the mix
Numerous OL possibilities
K. Smoke RB
Matthew Hill
Richard Jibunor

Goss

56 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Without Luke do we even offer another TE?

Indications are yes as of now.

57 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Landon Rice hasn't exactly tore it up in JUCO. 

Wouldn't be a target even if he did. He's in the 2019 class also.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

Looks like our plan was JAD or bust.  A stud at that position would have been a great get this year. 

Not over yet. Bama has 2 besides JAD & looking good to add another. AU is talking to him & 4 CBs in a class may be too much for JAD.

JJ and Quay at the LB position

With #s so tight & needs at other positions it's likely 1st come 1st serve.

another QB

Emory Jones or bust right now.

Let me prefix all of this post with I have no inside info and I may be completely off base, but this is what my gut says after reading everything I can find...

Yeah, things are getting tight for sure.  Right now I would say of the 6 spots left (assuming take P and no silent commits) we should sign

Quay
Oladele
Schwartz

That leaves 3 spots.  Maybe I am wrong but Hill is still 50/50 right now which means we have leave 1 spot for him on signing day just in case we get the flip.  

That leaves 2 spots.  I do believe we are Emory Jones or no other QB so that would leave 1 spot.

With 1 spot and our desperate need at G & CB, I would think we have to go after one of these spots hard with the last available slot.

Again, just my opinion and someone in the know may destroy everything I just said...

2 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

That leaves 3 spots.  Maybe I am wrong but Hill is still 50/50 right now which means we have leave 1 spot for him on signing day just in case we get the flip.  

Won't have to wait long. He's a December 20th signee.

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Won't have to wait long. He's a December 20th signee.

This is good for us, in that if he doesn't sign with the good guy's we can move on and look for a replacement.

1 minute ago, kd4au said:

This is good for us, in that if he doesn't sign with the good guy's we can move on and look for a replacement.

EminentSpicyBeaver-max-1mb.gif

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not over yet. Bama has 2 besides JAD & looking good to add another. AU is talking to him & 4 CBs in a class may be too much for JAD.

Is ALabama in there strong, if OSU possibly is eliminated? Although OSU got a 3*QB as a commit and Jones posted a puzzled emoji on it..I wonder why he is thinking more local for a commit. 

10 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Is ALabama in there strong, if OSU possibly is eliminated? Although OSU got a 3*QB as a commit and Jones posted a puzzled emoji on it..I wonder why he is thinking more local for a commit. 

belief is EJ more likely flips somewhere than sticks. He's been thinking of being closer to home regardles what tOSU did.

@ellitor :" Not over yet. Bama has 2 besides JAD & looking good to add another. AU is talking to him & 4 CBs in a class may be too much for JAD. "

Fight my ignorance. Who is JAD?

With Siposs on board, we have 6 schollys left for this class, right?

So......

KO

Schwartz

QW (or possibly JJP)

the OT we just offered

JAD (longshot) or Benji or another CB

EJ or Ford or “best available at a position of need”

Those first 4 spots seem pretty set.  The fifth spot will go to a CB, we just don’t know who yet.

That 6th spot seems very interesting.  I understand we are EJ or bust at QB, and Ford or bust at TE, so IF we miss on both of them, where are we likely to go?

37 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

With Siposs on board, we have 6 schollys left for this class, right?

Neibuhr was on the opening drive yesterday morning with Al Del Greco and said we had 8 spots left. I guess with the punter in the fold, we now have seven left. He didn’t seem too worried about the three that aren’t signing early either. Although, when specifically talking about Matthew Hill, he said he was “probably still solid” Not very reassuring. 

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I understand we are EJ or bust at QB, and Ford or bust at TE, so IF we miss on both of them, where are we likely to go?

We supposedly aren't Ford or bust at TE. We're supposedly taking 1 regardless. Don't forget Andres Fox. He's supposedly a take & is expected to fill out ats the 3rd DT in the class. The staff want 2 OL as well. It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Neibuhr was on the opening drive yesterday morning with Al Del Greco and said we had 8 spots left. I guess with the punter in the fold, we now have seven left.

He misspoke. He's been saying 7 spots before the P & 6 after the P on the AUC boards & still saying 25 is all we can take.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

We supposedly aren't Ford or bust at TE. We're supposedly taking 1 regardless. Don't forget Andres Fox. He's supposedly a take & is expected to fill out ats the 3rd DT in the class. The staff want 2 OL as well. It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

Thanks E!  That does make things even messier.  I will sit back and watch how things unfold. (I’m glad to hear that about TE. We need a solid pass catching TE!

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Thanks E!  That does make things even messier.  I will sit back and watch how things unfold. (I’m glad to hear that about TE. We need a solid pass catching TE!

Could end up being Nathaniel Watson.

Also JAD got it tweeted out through media at the Al-Miss All Star event that he's signing with Bama next week so that ends that on him.

On 12/11/2017 at 2:48 PM, ellitor said:

Any chance with JAD with Bama signing yet another stud at CB?  Thanks

Just now, NorthGATiger said:

Any chance with JAD with Bama signing yet another stud at CB?  Thanks

No. I posted elsewhere since that post that JAD got it tweeted through media at the Alabama-Mississipi All Star even that he was signing w/ Bama Wednesday.

Check out Bejie Franklin. He looks pretty good IMO.

Archived