AU Early NSD (Signees Are In Orange In The OP)

aujeff11

13 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

We have a lot of ground to make up there.

With due respect we don't have ground to make up there. Most of our play sets use 2 LBs instead of the traditional 3 or 4. Plus T-Will is retaining & developing the LBs on roster at a high level. Barring attrition we have 6 on roster next year with 3 signees. If we retain them 9 is enough for mostly 2 playing spots.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, ellitor said:

With due respect we don't have ground to make up there. Most of our play sets use 2 LBs instead of the traditional 3 or 4. Plus T-Will is retaining & developing the LBs on roster at a high level. Barring attrition we have 6 on roster next year with 3 signees. If we retain them 9 is enough for mostly 2 playing spots.

Now if we can please address the safety position in consecutive years...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Well then what is his deal? And why aren’t his immediate peers such as counselors and coaches not helping him? 

He thought he could sign anytime after Wednesday & wanted to do it when his school starts back in January because he wanted to sign with his classmates there. His school is out right now so he may not have access to a fax machine, especially yesterday when he was confused. Good question on the coaches & counselors. Once they saw the confusion. You figured they would help.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He thought he could sign anytime after Wednesday & wanted to do it when his school starts back in January because he wanted to sign with his classmates there. His school is out right now so he may not have access to a fax machine, especially yesterday when he was confused. Good question on the coaches & counselors. Once they saw the confusion. You figured they would help.

What was Wolk saying when he said Jibunor was feeling hesitant to sign early? 

About to shut this down the day, but wanted to give the latest on Richard Jibunor before I checked out. A team-side source has told me they think Jibunor could sign between now and Friday, even floated the word “probably.” On the flip side of that, Jibunor has expressed some hesitation. In fact, last I heard from him this evening, he thinks he’ll wait until February to sign. Just to be clear: I don’t think the Tigers have anything to worry about here. This was a slight misunderstanding about the early signing period that could be resolved before Friday. If not, it’ll just have to wait until February. Again, my confidence is sky high that Jibunor is a member of Auburn’s class.

Edited by aujeff11

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

What was Wolk saying when he said Jibunor was feeling hesitant to sign early? 

About to shut this down the day, but wanted to give the latest on Richard Jibunor before I checked out. A team-side source has told me they think Jibunor could sign between now and Friday, even floated the word “probably.” On the flip side of that, Jibunor has expressed some hesitation. In fact, last I heard from him this evening, he thinks he’ll wait until February to sign. Just to be clear: I don’t think the Tigers have anything to worry about here. This was a slight misunderstanding about the early signing period that could be resolved before Friday. If not, it’ll just have to wait until February. Again, my confidence is sky high that Jibunor is a member of Auburn’s class.

Because as I passed on from Keith he wants to sign in school with his classmates there but his school is out right now. Same thing. Worded a bit different.

Edited by ellitor

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Because as I passed on from Keith he wants to sign in school with his classmates there but his school is out right now.

That’s different than Wolk saying Jibunor “thinks he’ll wait until February to sign.”

So was he wanting to sign in January or February? Get your story straight.

3 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Once the early signing period is over don't high school kids have to wait until February to sign?

Yes. It’s strange to me that the coaches aren’t passing this information on to their recruits. 

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That’s different than Wolk saying Jibunor “thinks he’ll wait until February to sign.”

So was he wanting to sign in January or February? Get your story straight.

It's the same thing. The month semantics you are stuck on doesn't matter. All that matters is he was hesitant to sign this week because he wants to sign when school is in session. His school is on Christmas holidays right now. You are making a mountain out of an ant bite. And yes I know pot meet kettle.

FTR January was my words not Keith's.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yes. It’s strange to me that the coaches aren’t passing this information on to their recruits. 

Our coaches did and have. He just got confused. Remember he is from another country. Communication issues can arise. Not a big deal at all.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

It's the same thing. The month semantics you are stuck on doesn't matter. All that matters is he was hesitant to sign this week because he wants to sign when school is in session. His school is on Christmas holidays right now. You are making a mountain out of an ant bite. And yes I know pot meet kettle.

FTR January was my words not Keith's.

I don’t know man. If he’s saying he thinks he will wait until February, then that’s that. He won’t sign early. 

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Our coaches did and have. He just got confused. Remember he is from another country. Communication issues can arise. Not a big deal at all.

If the coaches are clear with their instructions, how is he supposed to get a degree and make grade if he cannot understand basic instruction?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Maybe if guys we get that have that skill set would not get kicked off campus then maybe we would. We took Landon Rice very early a few years ago expecting him to be that guy.

Doesn't help that Sal Canella's best play this year was making a face on CBS. 

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Similar to Bird and Golf being from another planet, right?:-\

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

I get the feeling that Jib just kinda marches to his own beat. Maybe it's somewhat a cultural thing, but he just seems like a different breed of cat. This is obviously wild speculation on my part, as I don't know a single person who knows a single person who knows the guy. I can't quite articulate it, just feels a little bit different than any other recruitment I can remember. Not bad, just different. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Doesn't help that Sal Canella's best play this year was making a face on CBS. 

And that he ended up at WR.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t know man. If he’s saying he thinks he will wait until February, then that’s that. He won’t sign early. 

If the coaches are clear with their instructions, how is he supposed to get a degree and make grade if he cannot understand basic instruction?

giphy.gif

Edited by ellitor
  • Haha 4

Maybe everything is cool with Jubinor, I wouldn't know. I do know his high school coaches and counselors, the ones that can communicate with him freely, didn't do him any favors. Again this may all work out ok, but I don't like it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Maybe everything is cool with Jubinor, I wouldn't know. I do know his high school coaches and counselors, the ones that can communicate with him freely, didn't do him any favors. Again this may all work out ok, but I don't like it.

Grateful anytime someone reminds the board how many different agents* and other variables influence a kid's decision. It's almost never as simple as "Recruit A done did us wrong" or "Recruit B shoulda knowed better".  

Edit: *Not talking about agents in the Drew Rosenhaus sense, obviously. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

The same way 1000's do every year... interdisciplinary studies

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

giphy.gif

The greatest humor has at least an ounce of validity in it. Funny how that works? 

?

Edited by aujeff11

40 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The same way 1000's do every year... interdisciplinary studies

That’s got to be it. I just hope they don’t put deadlines on the syllabi anymore. That would suck. 

• Haha 1