AU Early NSD (Signees Are In Orange In The OP)

aujeff11

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Maybe I only did because they had us higher than 24/7 

ESPN is the worst in recruiting coverage 

• Like 1

I am more worried about Matthew Hill at this point. Jibunor is all AU and even Keith who is ALWAYS cautious is pounding it in to everyones head he is all AU and recruiting for us and all this was was him wanting to sign surrounded by his friends. DO I wish he would of ended it and signed? heck yah but he is def the last one I will worry about. but Matthew Hill is not very vocal and pro AU on his twitter. Even coynis miller is. I never see him liking pro Auburn tweets or communicating with other kids in his class. I have always filed that one away.

So we are fine with those that have yet to sign.  Watching Inside the SEC, Coach Chizik said the Uga, bammer, and us are the big winners and all could likely finish in the top 6. We do this, we are right there with the mutts and bammer and have the coaching to have these young men playing championship football for years to come.  I think our coaching staff is every bit as good as any in the SEC and better than most.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am more worried about Matthew Hill at this point. Jibunor is all AU and even Keith who is ALWAYS cautious is pounding it in to everyones head he is all AU and recruiting for us and all this was was him wanting to sign surrounded by his friends. DO I wish he would of ended it and signed? heck yah but he is def the last one I will worry about. but Matthew Hill is not very vocal and pro AU on his twitter. Even coynis miller is. I never see him liking pro Auburn tweets or communicating with other kids in his class. I have always filed that one away.

Eh there's always some kids that aren't huge into twitter and don't like the spotlight as much as others. I wouldn't read too much into that. He mainly just retweets his high school buddies that signed. Nothing unusual there 

Edited by AuburnTiger4Life

I'm usually as pessimistic as anyone, but Jibunor recruited Oladele hard to get him to AU and he's already committed. I don't see Jibunor backing out on his friend that way after helping get him to come here. As for Hill, the way Clemson and UGA have recruited, I won't feel confident til I see his name on a paper for AU.

Just now, CR said:

I'm usually as pessimistic as anyone, but Jibunor recruited Oladele hard to get him to AU and he's already committed. I don't see Jibunor backing out on his friend that way after helping get him to come here. As for Hill, the way Clemson and UGA have recruited, I won't feel confident til I see his name on a paper for AU.

UGA won't have enough spots for him. Clemson maybe but there's no reason to think he's switching right now 

Is anyone else worried about us signing these Nigerian kids who have played no more than 2 years of football? I mean even with how ultra talented these kids are, with only a couple years playing football, are they not project kids? I mean in Tega, we signed a 4* DE everyone wanted. It took a couple years for him to even get on the field and that was at an entirely different position. Kind of the same thing with Sammons. He was recruited by everyone and their brothers, but at DE. We recruited him as an OL. 

I get these kids have immense potential, but they are extremely inexperienced. 

I trust our coaching staff to coach them up, it took our coaches a minute (a few years) to get things going, but I now trust they can get them there. 

But to me it just seems risky putting so much recruitng time, effort, and resources into kids who have almost no experience, regardless of potential. 

Am I just crazy for thinking this way or do others share this concern?

Edited by Auburn2Eugene
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Is anyone else worried about us signing these Nigerian kids who have played no more than 2 years of football? I mean even with how ultra talented these kids are, with only a couple years playing football, are they not project kids? I mean in Tega, we signed a 4* DE everyone wanted. It took a couple years for him to even get on the field and that was at an entirely different position. Kind of the same thing with Sammons. He was recruited by everyone and their brothers, but at DE. We recruited him as an OL. 

I get these kids have immense potential, but they are extremely inexperienced. 

I trust our coaching staff to coach them up, it took our coaches a minute (a few years) to get things going, but I now trust they can get them there. 

But to me it just seems risky putting so much recruitng time, effort, and resources into kids who have almost no experience, regardless of potential. 

I guess there might be the upside that coaches don't have to make them "unlearn" bad habits.  If the talent and effort is there, might be OK to start with a fairly clean slate....especially guys on either side of the line....and the coach can teach then how he wants the game played.   JMO .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Eh there's always some kids that aren't huge into twitter and don't like the spotlight as much as others. I wouldn't read too much into that. He mainly just retweets his high school buddies that signed. Nothing unusual there 

He grew up a auburn fan. I would expect him to be..... well ya know a fan of au on twitter!!! lol coynis miller who grew up in a bama household is a lot more pro AU on his twitter. If he signs all of this is a moot point. Though georgias class seemed to all have a strong bond and they were relentless when recruiting other kids. You have not only the coaches recruiting but their class was great at it as well.

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

No (you're not crazy).

But....every kid is potentially a project, if you know what I mean.  You can sign a #1 overall, can't miss, sure fire stud and still miss.  We had one leave the program mid-year.  That's one of the reasons, in spite of what the Updykes want, they don't actually give one effing thing for signing a great class.  The coaches actually have to coach and the kids have to put in the work and go out and earn it.  It's one of the things that makes college athletics so great. and makes us all crazy.  So check that, yeah you're crazy.

Edited by PowerOfDixieland
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He grew up a auburn fan. I would expect him to be..... well ya know a fan of au on twitter!!! lol coynis miller who grew up in a bama household is a lot more pro AU on his twitter. If he signs all of this is a moot point.

It just may not be in his personality or mind set to be that way and that's completely fine.

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

No (you're not crazy).

But....every kid is potentially a project, if you know what I mean.  You can sign a #1 overall, can't miss, sure fire stud and still miss.  We had one leave the program mid-year.  That's one of the reasons, in spite of what the Updykes want, they don't actually give one effing thing for signing a great class.  The coaches actually have to coach and the kids have to put in the work and go out and earn it.  It's one of the things that makes college athletics so great. and makes us all crazy.  So check that, yeah you're crazy.

tenor.gif?itemid=3567279

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

It just may not be in his personality or mind set to be that way and that's completely fine.

Well IDK about you but I would love to see the time, effort and energy recruiting for us by more of our commits that I saw from georgia's this cycle in the committed prospects recruiting other uncommitted prospects. It would only help us.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well IDK about you but I would love to see the time, effort and energy recruiting for us by more of our commits that I saw from georgia's this cycle in the committed prospects recruiting other uncommitted prospects. It would only help us.

It would be nice to see but it really doesn't play a real factor often. Relationships with coaches recruiting the kids & significant family members or mentors do.

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not everyone can be as pumped up as you. ?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Not everyone can be as pumped up as you. ?

Cameron-Diaz-Thank-You.gif

thank you maam!!!!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Any thought that he may be waiting to see where Ross and Schwartz appear to be heading?

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Go back and check those weekend visitor list posts. At every big weekend we had several committed guys mixed in with prospects. Don't you think there was a reason for that? Do you think our guys just stood around and shrugged? I think our kids tried to recruit as much as anybody else's did and they met with some success. We have seven (7) 4* recruits from Georgia coming to AU. That didn't happen just 'cause.

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Go back and check those weekend visitor list posts. At every big weekend we had several committed guys mixed in with prospects. Don't you think there was a reason for that? Do you think our guys just stood around and shrugged? I think our kids tried to recruit as much as anybody else's did and they met with some success. We have seven (7) 4* recruits from Georgia coming to AU. That didn't happen just 'cause.

Only maybe 1 or 2 we beat georgia for. HOWEVER that does not take away from how talented they are. Which they absolutely are. Fact is with the elite kids georgia roasted our chestnuts under a open fire. THIS CANNOT become a trend. I do not expect to win them all. Or even majority but we got to beat them on some of the elite kids. WAR DAMN!!! Have a blessed weekend Mr Linebacker!!!! WOOOOOO!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Only maybe 1 or 2 we beat georgia for. HOWEVER that does not take away from how talented they are. Which they absolutely are. Fact is with the elite kids georgia roasted our chestnuts under a open fire. THIS CANNOT become a trend. I do not expect to win them all. Or even majority but we got to beat them on some of the elite kids. WAR DAMN!!! Have a blessed weekend Mr Linebacker!!!! WOOOOOO!

Auburn has never, in all of its history, consistently out-recruited UAT, UGA, Florida or Tennessee. Yet our won/loss record against those schools is pretty darned good. As long as we're in the hunt with recruiting, the War Eagle will soar and we are definitely in the hunt this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2