AU Early NSD (Signees Are In Orange In The OP)

aujeff11

I know some don’t, but I love this early signing period. Do we have a list of when our early signees will sign? I know some will sign tomorrow and some will sign Thursday. There will be updates on this thread once the commits sign along with gifs galore and NC predictions in celebration. 

***AU COMMITS EXPECTED TO SIGN WEDNESDAY***

-Kolbi Fuqua, S, Cordova (Ala.)

-Joey Gatewood, QB, St. Johns (Fla.) Bartram Trail:

-Mike Harris, LB, Tucker (Ga.)

-Shedrick Jackson, WR, Hoover (Ala.)

-Richard Jibunor, LB, Athens Christian (Ga.)

-Josh Marsh, ATH, Decatur (Ala.)

-Asa Martin, RB, Decatur (Ala.) Austin

-Zakoby McClain, LB, Valosta (Ga.)

-Daquan Newkirk, DT, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College

-Kayode Oladele, DE, Hialeah (Fla) Champagnat

-Shaun Shivers, RB, Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna

-Kameron Stutts, OL, Killen (Ala.) Brooks

-Christian Tutt, DB, Thomson (Ga.)

-Seth Williams, WR, Cottondale (Ala.) Bryant

***AU COMMITS  EXPECTED TO SIGN THURSDAY***

-Jalil Irvin, OL, Stone Mountain (Ga.) Stephenson

-Quindarious Monday, S: Moved in over the weekend.

-Jamien Sherwood, S, Jensen Beach (Fla.): Arrives in January.

Edited by aujeff11
Included list

So will this be like the usual NLI day with people standing by the fax machine and a big board with names on it....TV coverage, etc?     I sense the 20th will not be such a big media production.   

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So will this be like the usual NLI day with people standing by the fax machine and a big board with names on it....TV coverage, etc?     I sense the 20th will not be such a big media production.   

Good question! Since for AU anyway, this day will be a bigger deal than February I'm hoping there will be some coverage. TV may not be all that interested, since the suspense factor will be much less than in previous years.

10 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

They've been toting the "it's a mess" banner and quoting every kid/coach with that opinion.  Of course this year's early signing period is a mess - it's new and no one has figured out the nuances of the game yet.  Most new processes first reveal as a mess until folks get comfortable with the change.

Agreed. Every new concept or idea has to have the kinks worked out. Some people are just resistant to change and will have to be dragged into the new state of recruiting kicking and screaming. 

Overall, early signing period has been very successful early on imo. Lots to be learned but as of now, 17 out of our 20 commits are ready to say no more to coaches calling and knocking on their doors. 

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I know some don’t, but I love this early signing period. Do we have a list of when our early signees will sign? I know some will sign tomorrow and some will sign Thursday. There will be updates on this thread once the commits sign along with gifs galore and NC predictions in celebration. 

***AU COMMITS EXPECTED TO SIGN WEDNESDAY***

-Kolbi Fuqua, S, Cordova (Ala.)

-Joey Gatewood, QB, St. Johns (Fla.) Bartram Trail:

-Mike Harris, LB, Tucker (Ga.)

-Shedrick Jackson, WR, Hoover (Ala.)

-Richard Jibunor, LB, Athens Christian (Ga.)

-Josh Marsh, ATH, Decatur (Ala.)

-Asa Martin, RB, Decatur (Ala.) Austin

-Zakoby McClain, LB, Valosta (Ga.)

-Daquan Newkirk, DT, Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College

-Kayode Oladele, DE, Hialeah (Fla) Champagnat

-Shaun Shivers, RB, Hollywood (Fla.) Chaminade-Madonna

-Kameron Stutts, OL, Killen (Ala.) Brooks

-Christian Tutt, DB, Thomson (Ga.)

-Seth Williams, WR, Cottondale (Ala.) Bryant

***AU COMMITS  EXPECTED TO SIGN THURSDAY***

-Jalil Irvin, OL, Stone Mountain (Ga.) Stephenson

-Quindarious Monday, S: Moved in over the weekend.

-Jamien Sherwood, S, Jensen Beach (Fla.): Arrives in January.

We already have a thread on this. It's pinned at the top because it's going to be used and updated as kids sign.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

So will this be like the usual NLI day with people standing by the fax machine and a big board with names on it....TV coverage, etc?  

No. Tomorrow is a bowl practice day. No NSD TV. The AU football account will just tweet the names as they come in. Gus will have a presser in the afternoon to address the signees.

Edited by ellitor

Sorry about the derailment. Thread cleaned up. Let's keep posts in this thread specific to AU peeps. Yes I'm talking to myself too.

• Like 1

Auburn safety commit Kolbi Fuqua will not sign during early signing period

Auburn safety commit Kolbi Fuqua won't sign in December.
Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country

There has been a change of plans for Auburn safety commit Kolbi Fuqua.

The 3-star prospect from Cordova, Ala., told SEC Country won’t sign during the early signing period, a change of narrative from his original plans. As recently as Monday, Fuqua believed he was going to sign on the first day of the early signing period.

He’ll wait until February to sign.

Fuqua injured his shoulder late in the 2017 football season, which had him in a cast during the Iron Bowl visit. Auburn told Fuqua to rehab his shoulder and let them monitor his progression. Fuqua has to be checked by the team doctor on his official visit before he can finalize his commitment and signing process.

He committed to Auburn at the spring game.

It’s certainly still possible Fuqua ends up in Auburn’s class in February. He has always planned on signing with the Tigers, and while this might be viewed as a setback, Auburn still sits in great position for Fuqua.

Fuqua originally joined the class as a wide receiver, but switched to safety throughout his recruitment. Before committing to Auburn, he was an under-recruited prospect who only had offers from Troy and UAB. Since committing to Auburn, he hasn’t been recruited much with most programs expecting him to sign with the Tigers.

That may still be the case, but it’ll come following a January official visit.

Edited by ellitor

We need another couple of classes with multiple great safeties as is. It would hurt to miss out on him. Hope everything works out for him...and us

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We need another couple of classes with multiple great safeties as is. It would hurt to miss out on him. Hope everything works out for him...and us

Given his injury sitch I could see him greyshirting the 2018 season.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

That was the exact 1st reply under the AUC article.

That’s freaking awesome. I’ve always thought I might have another evil twin out there. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

That’s freaking awesome. I’ve always thought I might have another evil twin out there. 

You need a good twin unless you are the good twin....YIKES!

J/K LOL

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You need a good twin unless you are the good twin....YIKES!

J/K LOL

In elementary school, my mother had to watch the principal give the paddlings. She made that trek to school from work probably at least 50 times between us. The thing is that meant I had to get another one when I got home. The worst. 

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Given his injury sitch I could see him greyshirting the 2018 season.

That's one way to open up another spot. Very likely to be final six now.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

In elementary school, my mother had to watch the principal give the paddlings. She made that trek to school from work probably at least 50 times between us. The thing is that meant I had to get another one when I got home. The worst. 

:o

9 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Agreed. Every new concept or idea has to have the kinks worked out. Some people are just resistant to change and will have to be dragged into the new state of recruiting kicking and screaming. 

Overall, early signing period has been very successful early on imo. Lots to be learned but as of now, 17 out of our 20 commits are ready to say no more to coaches calling and knocking on their doors. 

agree completely