AU Early NSD (Signees Are In Orange In The OP)

aujeff11

5 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Are we looking at any juco safeties and CBs?  Thanks!!

We are done at safety for the class & yes we are looking for a JuCo CB...

• Like 1

• ellitor featured and pinned this topic

lebronscreamgame2_2015finals1.gif?w=650

only 2 more stragglers!!!! come on matthew hill and mr millllllllllllllllllllllller!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

wonder what the pitch was? sign or we may not have room?

doubt it. He just loves Auburn so much. Honestly was suprised he was not planning on signing early to begin with. HE HAS TO MUCH AUBURN IN HIM FAM!!!! WAR DAMN MR IRVIN!

• Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 7:17 AM, Tiger1992 said:

Was hoping our OL commits would enroll early. Losing four starters, it would be great to have them in and getting ready prior to next summer.

It's not THAT big of a deal, except maybe for depth. Everyone who will start on the O-line next year is already on the team.

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

It's not THAT big of a deal, except maybe for depth. Everyone who will start on the O-line next year is already on the team.

Not necessarily. At least from our fans POV we don't know that center is settled yet. I'm with @corchjay in thinking Jalil could win it at some point as a true frosh.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not necessarily. At least from our fans POV we don't know that center is settled yet. I'm with @corchjay in thinking Jalil could win it at some point as a true frosh.

I suppose maybe later in the season he could, but I rather doubt it (barring injuries, of course), and I REALLY doubt he'll begin the season as a starter. I still expect Kaleb Kim to step into that role next year. As far as I know, he's the only non-senior to play center for Auburn this season.

Kim has under performed greatly.  I just don't think he's very naturally strong.  However I know none of his measurements to back that up.  I'm just speaking from the few times we've seen him in practices or backup situations.  The coaches going out and getting a FCS center going into this year to backup Golson should tell you something.  They didn't plan to move Golson but went out and got Dunn in case Golson got injured.  

If Brahms is healthy he may win the spot if he can get some practice time in during the springs.  Jalil and Brahms will be almost on equal footing at that point with getting a spring camp in under their belts.   I'm just saying don't sleep on Jalil coming in and taking that spot.  

I don't know of any other linemen that snaps the ball.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Kim has under performed greatly.  I just don't think he's very naturally strong.  However I know none of his measurements to back that up.  I'm just speaking from the few times we've seen him in practices or backup situations.  The coaches going out and getting a FCS center going into this year to backup Golson should tell you something.  They didn't plan to move Golson but went out and got Dunn in case Golson got injured.  

If Brahms is healthy he may win the spot if he can get some practice time in during the springs. Jalil and Brahms will be almost on equal footing at that point with getting a spring camp in under their belts.   I'm just saying don't sleep on Jalil coming in and taking that spot.  

I don't know of any other linemen that snaps the ball.

Jalil won't have a spring training under his belt. He's signing early but still won't enroll until May. That's according to his tweet, above.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Jalil won't have a spring training under his belt. He's signing early but still won't enroll until May. That's according to his tweet, above.

bummer I thought he was an EE

• Like 1

Early signing information for Auburn commits

Jalil Irvin took to Twitter on Thursday night to give an important update to his recruitment.

The 4-star offensive guard from Stone Mountain, Ga., altered his signing plans. He’ll sign with Auburn next week on Dec. 20 rather than wait until February as originally planned. The change came following an in-home visit with Herb Hand and Larry Porter who encouraged Irvin to use the early period to finalize the process.

Irvin didn’t need much more convincing than that. He will wait until May to graduate from Stephenson High School.

Along with Irvin, on Thursday, SEC Country learned several signing/early enroll plans for Auburn commits.

IMG_0486_tsv9ww.jpg
Auburn offensive line commit Jalil Irvin changed his early signing plans. (Benjamin Wolk/SEC Country)

Seth Williams and Kam Stutts won’t enroll early, but both intend to sign next week.

Stutts will sign his paperwork on Dec. 20, though he doesn’t have a specific time set, and it won’t be a big ceremony. He’ll save that for February to do a mock signing ceremony with the rest of his Brooks High School teammates. Williams hasn’t set a date or time for his signing next week, but it’s something he’ll discuss with his family this weekend.

Asa Martin will leave the Alabama-Mississippi all-star game on Saturday and head straight for Auburn. He’s moving in on Saturday as a way to participate in Auburn’s bowl practices. Martin isn’t sure how the signing process works for prospects who are already on campus for bowl practices, but the ink will be put to paper some time on Dec. 20 most likely.

The same goes for Christian Tutt who, despite the push from other programs (laid out above), will move in over the weekend. He will take in the Tigers’ bowl practices, which will be an especially important learning experience for Tutt since Auburn might need him to step in immediately in the 2018 season.

Shedrick Jackson will move in Monday and sign at some point between Dec. 20 and Dec. 22.

I wasn’t able to confirm it directly with the prospects, but my sources believe Josh Marsh, Joey Gatewood, Daquan Newkirk and Quindarious Monday will all move in early to participate in bowl practices. Jamien Sherwood will sign next week and enroll early, but his move-in date has been finalized.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, AURex said:

Hmm ... I thought Zamir was a lock for UGA. Would love to have him, even after the ACL, but .... ?????

what prompted this?

14 minutes ago, AURex said:

Hmm ... I thought Zamir was a lock for UGA. Would love to have him, even after the ACL, but .... ?????

on his twitter it is nothing but georgia. Also @fredst kirby is SUCH a goooooob.

21 minutes ago, AURex said:

?

• Like 1

Still unsure if this new signing period is good or bad. It definitely leads to speculation about commits who choose not to sign early(fairly or not).
Really wish Miller was signing early. Garner is as clutch a closer as there is but Pruitt is pushing hard to get him to UT. Seems to be a pretty down year for D-Linemen which makes him an extremely valuable addition. 

4 minutes ago, CR said:

Still unsure if this new signing period is good or bad. It definitely leads to speculation about commits who choose not to sign early(fairly or not).
Really wish Miller was signing early. Garner is as clutch a closer as there is but Pruitt is pushing hard to get him to UT. Seems to be a pretty down year for D-Linemen which makes him an extremely valuable addition. 

well *knock on wood* all of our commits are supposed to sign early besides hill and coynis. Georgia fans are freaking out that one of their top targets salyer is pushing back his announcement to Feb. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

on his twitter it is nothing but georgia. Also @fredst kirby is SUCH a goooooob.

His goob factor is on 11 but the dude is a ‘cruitin’ machine. Maybe gooberism resonates with young stud athletes on some level ? Also, look who’s there ‘cruitin’ with him?

Edited by fredst
  • Haha 1

Just now, fredst said:

His goob factor is on 11 but the dude is a ‘cruitin’ machine. Maybe gooberism resonates with young stud athletes on some level ?

just call us goobologists!

• Like 1