CNN's Jim Acosta to White House: Cite A Specific Example Where We Misled The American People?

Auburn85

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/12/11/cnns_jim_acosta_to_white_house_cite_a_specific_example_where_we_misled_the_american_people.html

Tim Hains

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders debates CNN's Jim Acosta about the president's claim that that media is "fake news." Acos

"Journalists make honest mistakes and that doesn't make them fake news," Acosta noted before his question. 

"When journalists make honest mistakes, they should own up to them," Sanders responded. "And a lot of times you don't. There's a very big difference between making honest mistakes, and purposely misleading the American people: Something that happens regularly."

"You can not say it is an honest mistake when you are purposely putting out information that you know is false, or when you're taking information that hasn't been validated, that hasn't been offered any credibility. It has been continually denied by a number of people, including people with direct knowledge of an incident."

Acosta asked her to cite a specific story that she says is intentionally false, "intentionally put out there to mislead the American people."

Sanders cited ABC's Brian Ross having to correct a story and being suspended. "I think that shows that the network took it seriously and recognized that it was a problem," Sanders added. 

CNN corrected a major error on Friday when they had to correct a date in an erroneous report that Donald Trump Jr. had advanced knowledge of WikiLeaks documents, leading the president's son to tweet: "I know you can't help but spread fake news, CNN."

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Because we don't live in North Korea.

CNN with all it's fake news and a reporter like Acosta would sit well with little Kim.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Because we don't live in North Korea.

so let me see if I have this straight...we have news organization that is the propaganda arm of the democrat party; that relentlessly fabricates information regarding Trump; and we need to keep them in the press room because we're not North Korea?   Your logic is we need to keep a propaganda organization in the new rooms because we don't believe in only publishing propaganda like the Norks.... I'm pretty sure your argument is a complete non sequitor.  CNN serves no purpose when it comes to covering this Whitehouse.   Their coverage will be edited or fabricated to paint Trump in a negative light...that's not news....that's spewing bull****.  Also, just saw a graphic that they ran their last major fake "can't miss"  (which obviously missed) story 27 times more than their correction....glad to know there so interested in getting the truth out....27 times more airtime for their error than their correction..... they have a right to report what they want (1st amendment and all that)...they don't have a right to access to the Press secretary any more than you do.  

Sorry to disagree here Titan, but CNN likely knew that story with the emails was BS within about 15-30 minutes and they kept running it all day. As soon as it came out lawyers and WH Press aides were likely debunking it. If the phone call explaining the BS in the story took longer than 30 minutes to make, email, and fax I would be totally shocked. Does anyone here really believe that CNN cant read a calendar and understand dates on an email? REALLY?

This was fake news. It was complete and utter junk. The problem now is that CNN is getting more famous for the mistakes than reporting facts. I bet we see even more over the Christmas break. The reporter for CNN had these documents. Everyone had these documents. The fact that they tried to make a story out of (incredibly) saying they misread the date on the emails is too far a stretch to believe. The story was run for a reported 6.5 hours before retraction.

Archived